Brochure rates

paulred

All of us have our favourite cruise web site, including the one associated with CC and the ones advertised here. For most cruises, they list a brocure rate and their own rate. Often there are deep discounts right from the start.

I can see discounts on last minute cruises as being significantly less, but other than that, do brocure rates mean anything anymore? Even the cruise lines own websites discount cruises. Does anyone pay brocure rates anymore? If so, do these people not use thye internet to search out best fares. No matter where you book, its still the same cruise, and you get everything as advertised.

Paul

(inveterate deal shopper)

I know that Royal Caribbean makes in mandatory that travel agents follow the rates published on their web-site. They are not allowed to lower this price. On occassion a travel agency will offer an OBC, free gratitudes, or even an upgrade but the travel agency is cutting into their profits by offering these.

And do answer your question; do I pay the brochure rate? I pay for the rates published on Carnival's and Royal Caribbean's websites. In fact the only brochures I have seen are those offered by the cruise lines themselves so I am not sure if the prices are the same on their brochures as offered on their websites?

Generally, there will be the "brochure" rate, and then a different rate for "early booking"....

It's sort of like the rates posted on hotel room doors....they CAN charge up to the highest rate they post, but the seldom do....they simply can't charge MORE than the posted rate!

Archived