Lack of marketing??

cruzndiz

This just struck me as kind of strange (given the sheer volume of advertising literature I receive on a weekly basis from other cruise lines like Regent, Seabourn, Crystal) but since my February cruise on the Gem I haven't heard one single word, or received one piece of mail from NCL.

Is this normal????

This just struck me as kind of strange (given the sheer volume of advertising literature I receive on a weekly basis from other cruise lines like Regent, Seabourn, Crystal) but since my February cruise on the Gem I haven't heard one single word, or received one piece of mail from NCL.

Is this normal????

I was wondering the same thing. Nothing for me either.

I also think NCL is trying various marketing angles. They are really pushing their Facebook page (very cheap advertising for them, with free viral spillover). Also, during the recent sale in October, NCL was running ads almost once an hour on the radio in Boston. Mainly because of my constant time on these boards, I have also been getting NCL banners showing up everywhere I go online, so they definitely invested in a cookie-based web advertising plan.

So even though i haven't received a mailing lately, I have been seeing/hearing a lot from NCL.

Yeah, I definitely get e-mails...wasn't thinking about them..... I'm just surprised I guess with the Epic launch that I haven't gotten any "hard" materials to look over. I'm computer savvy, but I still like the look & feel of the glossy paper brochures/booklets

I requested a brochure at their website and hopefully will be getting that any day. I'm with a pp who said they like the glossy paper feel, lol. I also used to LOVE the commercials with everyone dressed alike, looking robotic on a ship doing the same thing at the same time with everyone else. Great ad for freestyle!!

I check prices and different itineraries a lot and it has prompted several calls in the last couple of weeks from "my" PCC. Funny since I've not booked directly with NCL ever that I somehow have a PCC.

Only a few days back from our cruise and I received a Customer Satisfaction email that they requested I fill out. I have gotten these after all my cruises with NCL. Just a couple weeks ago, I received the Lattitudes Package in the mail since I just moved up to the Silver Category. Other than that, I have never received random brochures or junk mail. I get these mailings from various other cruise lines, however, not NCL. :)

Archived