Towel Question

Dengail

We will be on the Dream in Dec...do they have separate pool towels that you can take to the pool or get at the pool that we won't be charged for if not returned to the pool hut or room? OMGosh, how am I gonna keep track of my 4 kids towels? They aren't so young that they need to be with us all day and yet not quite old enough to be responsible about leaving their towels laying about! Please tell me they have some cheap pool type towels around not only the expensive beach towel type?? I could just see my bill...4 towels a day, because they got left on deck!

We will be on the Dream in Dec...do they have separate pool towels that you can take to the pool or get at the pool that we won't be charged for if not returned to the pool hut or room? OMGosh, how am I gonna keep track of my 4 kids towels? They aren't so young that they need to be with us all day and yet not quite old enough to be responsible about leaving their towels laying about! Please tell me they have some cheap pool type towels around not only the expensive beach towel type?? I could just see my bill...4 towels a day, because they got left on deck!

You can get a towel from the pool area but I believe you have to give your cabin number - maybe wrong on this as I often see towels left all over the place. But as a parent - if the kids are old enough not to have to hang with you all day then they are old enough to be responsible for their own towels.

I don't know why I am responding to this but personal bath robe's and a towel for the hair come to mind. Don't be chair hogs with the robe's LOL I think the young ones will be more responseable with personal belongings.

When on the Dream last week you get beach towels in your room that have to be returned or you can get them on deck 10 at the hut but you have to bring them back and check them out with SS card also you get the putt putt stuff and other sport items the same way checking them out where the towels are on deck 10.

There are no blue towels that you won't be charged for if not returned (to either the cabin or the hut if that's where you got them) I have seen people bring the white bath towels to the pool and maybe that would be a better option for your kids......or maybe this is a good time to start teaching them some responsibility and reward them for appropriate behavior.....

I don't know how old your kids are but it sounds like they are old enough to be at the pool by themselves......just note that there are no lifeguards at any of the pools.

YOU keep the towels...kids don't need to carry their own, unless they're old enough to keep hold of them! Surely young kids won't be alone at the pool. If they need to dry off, they can find you (and the towels!) and do so!

I wouldn't bring towels...once they're wet, they won't dry, they'll start to stink and they take up too much space.

Thank you, I think the white towel idea is best. My kids are given more responsibility than you can probly imagine with us owning a dairy farm, just don't want me or them to have to really worry about this on a cruise. Kids get busy or sidetracked with new friends or activities and come back later...no towels where they left them, haha, unfortunately towels do get walked off with on the ship! The white bath towels will work nicely. Good idea.

Another thought:

We are getting spa passes...are there different towels available in the spa? Do you sign these out as well?

YOU keep the towels...kids don't need to carry their own, unless they're old enough to keep hold of them! Surely young kids won't be alone at the pool. If they need to dry off, they can find you (and the towels!) and do so!

I wouldn't bring towels...once they're wet, they won't dry, they'll start to stink and they take up too much space.

Totally agree CB. There is no way I would mess with taking my own towels - just what I need is to have sandy, dirty towels hanging around. More junk to pack as well.

Archived