Got our cabin assignment on the Ryndam!

hmp2z

We had booked a category H stateroom, and got assigned C383. It looks like this is an upgrade (?) but this is our first experience with Holland America and with booking a guarantee, so I'm not positive. The ship has sold out, so I can't check and compare prices. I searched the Sticky thread of rooms, but can't find this particular one.

Cheers!

Heather W

We had booked a category H stateroom, and got assigned C383. It looks like this is an upgrade (?) but this is our first experience with Holland America and with booking a guarantee, so I'm not positive. The ship has sold out, so I can't check and compare prices. I searched the Sticky thread of rooms, but can't find this particular one.

Cheers!

Heather W

Heather that is a Really Great Upgrade!!!

Actually it will look almost/if not exactly like the photos I have of C 336/C 338 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Ryndam/index.html

The only difference will be the location of C 383 on the ship:)

Joanie

I hate to be a wet blanket here, but you had better bring some earplugs if you are a light sleeper. When we once had a cabin in a similar location under the galley we had intermittent loud noises all night long. :(

Another wet blanket here - some people would like this cabin, but I wouldn't want it if they gave me the cruise for free! Without looking at the deck plan, I'm assuming this is a cabin on the walking promenade deck, so your window looks out to the deck & railing beyond. I like my drapes open 24/7 and in this cabin you'll need to keep them shut after dark. I can't tell you how many couples I "saw" in bed when I'd be walking early in the morning......not by choice! Fortunately they weren't engaged in any private/steamy activity, but I was tempted to knock on the window & tell them to shut the dam drapes but didn't want to be thought of as a peeping tom!

Sue/WDW1972

Zuiderdam 11/23/10

Eurodam 3/5/11

Another wet blanket here - some people would like this cabin, but I wouldn't want it if they gave me the cruise for free!
We love the Lower Promenade cabins on the R and S-class ships, and have chosen them three times. But, we not only prefer our drapes closed at night, we close them tightly with clothes pins or clips of some sort to make the room as dark as possible. (The lights on the deck are quite bright all night.)

You must have very good vision to be able to see in the half-silvered windows in daylight!! I could not see more than the first foot or two of our bed with my nose up against the glass and my hands cupped around my eyes to block the side light.

It wasn't daylight yet - and never having booked one, I've never gotten close enough to *try* to look in the windows. I'm an early riser - once the stewards are done washing the deck I'm out doing some walking laps and it's usually before the sun has risen to make it light. That's why open drapes or partially open drapes will draw eyes to the C cabins if lights are on inside. I don't *want* to see elderly guys in boxers reading the daily program with the wife in her nighty....but at the same time I'm glad that's all I've seen <g>.

When I look out my window I want unobstructed ocean - not a big wide deck, a railing, and pedestrians. But, that's just me - I'll never be competing with anyone for those C cabins!

Sue/WDW1972

Zuiderdam 11/23/10

Eurodam 3/5/11

That is a good upgrade - enjoy. Other opinions aside, we've been in several C category cabins on Lower Promenade deck and enjoyed them. You do need to close your drapes at night or people will be able to see in. During the day, you can only see in if you are standing at the window with your hands cupped around your eyes - the sheers should suffice. We didn't mind looking across the deck to see the ocean. We've been in DD's as well (partial obstruction) and to us the obstruction was so minimal to be non-existent.

We've not experienced noise from people on deck so I wouldn't worry about that. You may hear strange noises from the kitchens above at odd hours or wee hours in the morning - I assume the bakers were working at 3AM. The noises were intermittent but did wake me up a few times - earplugs, as suggested, should suffice or a white noise machine.

Doug

I also got upgrade to a C cabin on the Ryndam (330) on my recent cruise in Oct. The lower Promenade used to be my favorite deck.....but I'd forgotten how noisy it could be. They usually wash down the deck at about 5:30am. I had people on more then one occasion talking and laughing quite loud right outside my window. Luckily I never happened later then 11pm at night. I do wear earplugs to sleep so that helped. There was also a strange sound every so often like the entire ship flushing their toilets at once. I heard someone comment on the same thing and they were also on the LP although they didn't mention their cabin #. None of it was a really big deal....and I'm quite noise sensitive. I was happy to get that cabin but I wouldn't have wanted to pay to get that cabin.

Archived