when can you board Fort Laudurdale?

justtime

They usually are able to begin check in about 11:15 and boarding by around 11:30. It can vary depending upon any Inspections by such as USPH, how late disembarkation runs, computer issues........ fill in the blank for any number of reasons.

At FLL they won't let you in the building before 11:00. If all has gone well with the departure of the previous passengers, boarding will start around 11:30.

And just to go back to February on the Eurodam... sometimes a ship might arrive as she did, arriving at 12:30 pm. :)

That is incorrect! I have checked in as early as 10:30!;)

From HAL website: "Generally, however, early embarkation will commence at 11:30 a.m. There may be certain exceptions due to local governmental procedures. Due to new port security requirements at Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, we are unable to provide our guests with access to the cruise terminal prior to 11:00 a.m."

Once, before our Apr '08 Amsterdam cruise, we were let in a "crew" gate at the back corner of the building around 10:45 and allowed to sit in a small waiting room there, but I think that is the exception, not the rule. I think that was before they started stating that you can't get in before 11:00a.

Maybe it is because I live in Florida, and drive to the pier, but I see no advantage to getting there early, only to wait and then go en masse in long lines when they open up the general boarding....even if you are at the front of the line. All that would mean is you had to sit in the terminal longer.

We get there right after the mad dash, usually around 12:30. The pandemonium has ceased, people are moving quickly from terminal to ship, the cabins are just about ready to move into, and amazingly, they still haven't run out of food at the Lido :D

Even though we fly in the day before we typically don't leave the hotel until about 11 AM but usually not later than noon. That usually gets us to the terminal between 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM. Usually folks have started to board by the time we get there and that's just fine by us.

Once, before our Apr '08 Amsterdam cruise, we were let in a "crew" gate at the back corner of the building around 10:45 and allowed to sit in a small waiting room there, but I think that is the exception, not the rule. I think that was before they started stating that you can't get in before 11:00a.

We have done this numerous times over the past few years.

Archived