We Loved Oasis 11/6

SuzieQ123

I am not much a a review writer but after see'ing the "dirty Oasis" post this ticked me off.

The ship was spotless clean and they were always cleaning, the glass doors never had a fingerprint or spot on them, never saw anything to indicate a dirty ship.

The Sewage smell was very apparent.. at first my husband thought FLL was just a stinky port but we smelled this in every port and were able to sniff our way back to the ship.. but just imagine 6000 passengers and I think around 2000 crew, thats a lot of waste and bigger then some small towns in the USA. It stunk but didn't ruin our trip

We had a Central Park Balcony and loved it, only thing is we didn't feel like we were on a ship, more like we were in a resort. Loved Park Cafe for breakfast and lunch, and after the 1st 2 days seems everyone discovered it! Busy but its expected with this many passengers.

There was a turn over of crew, but seriously we never expected the level of service that you get on a smaller ship, we felt given its size the service was fine. We are easy to please people though.

Went to Giovanni's 2x Rafael is the BEST waiter... awesome service, great guy.

Embarking... maybe took 10 minutes, we literally walked out of the cab and onto the ship, no lines.

Disembarking.... we did Express walk off, off the ship at 6:20 AM and at the airport by 6:40 am. We were there so early we managed to get onto an earlier flight 8 am to Newark. I was home and doing my laundry by 12:00!

We loved Oasis and are booked on Allure next year same week. We decided not to even do the Main Dining room on Allure, we decided we'd rather eat at Giovanni's a couple of times, The Solarium Restaurant and a few others. Allure will have a Mexican Tapas restauarnt instead of the Seafood shack so it gives yet another option. We are going to "Freestyle" on Allure.

I just wanted to add, we ate in the Dining room 4 of the 7 nights and the service was great, the food was good, we had no issues, its just there's so many other options onboard that we will skipt it next time.

In fact, the 1st night the waiter behind us was opening a bottle of red wine, and the freakiest weirdest thing happened, the bottom of the bottle literally fell out... and hit the floor behind us and stained my husbands shirt. They attempted to clean it but the red wine wouldn't come out. The gave us onboard credit for the value of the shirt. They were fantastic about it.

I just wanted to add, we ate in the Dining room 4 of the 7 nights and the service was great, the food was good, we had no issues, its just there's so many other options onboard that we will skipt it next time.

In fact, the 1st night the waiter behind us was opening a bottle of red wine, and the freakiest weirdest thing happened, the bottom of the bottle literally fell out... and hit the floor behind us and stained my husbands shirt. They attempted to clean it but the red wine wouldn't come out. The gave us onboard credit for the value of the shirt. They were fantastic about it.

Well, I can attest the Oasis is unbelievable, so I guess it's the place for unbelievable things to happen! :) That is a pretty freakish event - WOW. Can't imagine how that waiter must have felt. Sounds like the Oasis did what they could to make it right.

Thanks for the review.

Well, I can attest the Oasis is unbelievable, so I guess it's the place for unbelievable things to happen! :) That is a pretty freakish event - WOW. Can't imagine how that waiter must have felt. Sounds like the Oasis did what they could to make it right.

Thanks for the review.

Things happen, it was completely beyond anyone's control, we had a lot of laughs about it for the rest of the week with him and the other tablemates next to us. No one including the waiter and head waiter had ever seen anything like that happen before.

Suzie, I along with my friends from the 11/6 roll call thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on the Oasis too.

You're absolutely correct about the sewage smell...it was apparent in port & towards the rear of the ship. I never smelled it in the dining room, theaters, etc or while we were @ sea. Certainly not as bad as some melodramatic people would have folks believe. :rolleyes:

We arrived at the terminal @ 10:15 there were NO LINES! The ship was cleared early and we were onboard @ 11am Debarkation was quick and painless too. I was group 23 and was off the ship @ 7:20 and in a cab by 7:35.

The ship was spotless and still looked asgood as it did during inaugural. :D A lot of the crew were new but they still did a great job! My time dining needs to be revamped but other than that....an awesome trip on a beautiful ship.

Suzie, I along with my friends from the 11/6 roll call thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on the Oasis too.

You're absolutely correct about the sewage smell...it was apparent in port & towards the rear of the ship. I never smelled it in the dining room, theaters, etc or while we were @ sea. Certainly not as bad as some melodramatic people would have folks believe. :rolleyes:

We arrived at the terminal @ 10:15 there were NO LINES! The ship was cleared early and we were onboard @ 11am Debarkation was quick and painless too. I was group 23 and was off the ship @ 7:20 and in a cab by 7:35.

The ship was spotless and still looked asgood as it did during inaugural. :D A lot of the crew were new but they still did a great job! My time dining needs to be revamped but other than that....an awesome trip on a beautiful ship.

I am from NJ so maybe thats why the stink didn't bother us so much...LMAO. Seriously though you are right, you couldn't smell in the dining area or inside the ship really.

A lot of the crew were new but they still did a great job! My time dining needs to be revamped but other than that....an awesome trip on a beautiful ship.

Tyron: do you know if many members of the Oasis crew moved to the Allure? Just wondering...

I am not much a a review writer but after see'ing the "dirty Oasis" post this ticked me off.

I have totally discounted that persons comments. If he had returned to answer some of the questions that were asked I would have given his comments more credibility. I personally think that this was someone that was just looking to pump up the Epic.

I am from NJ so maybe thats why the stink didn't bother us so much...LMAO. Seriously though you are right, you couldn't smell in the dining area or inside the ship really.

LMAO @ Suzie... I wish we would have met during the cruise. I'm glad u had a great time.

Tyron: do you know if many members of the Oasis crew moved to the Allure? Just wondering...

As Gordon stated approximately 400 or so were transferred and others contracts ended and our on vacation. But all the staff & crew I encountered were great!

GORDON!!! How are ya? :)

I smelled the sewage also, but it was only when you were outside on the open areas and not at all times. The smell was very apparent the 1st night on our balcony which was forward starboard side, but this was due to the direction of the wind. Pretty stinky in Nassua also, but I am not sure if this was from the Oasis or just the port area. This did not ruin our trip in any way! Glad others had just as much fun as we did on the 11/6 sailing!!

The ship was spotless clean and they were always cleaning, the glass doors never had a fingerprint or spot on them, never saw anything to indicate a dirty ship.

The Sewage smell was very apparent.. at first my husband thought FLL was just a stinky port but we smelled this in every port and were able to sniff our way back to the ship.. but just imagine 6000 passengers and I think around 2000 crew, thats a lot of waste and bigger then some small towns in the USA. It stunk but didn't ruin our trip

We had a Central Park Balcony and loved it, only thing is we didn't feel like we were on a ship, more like we were in a resort. Loved Park Cafe for breakfast and lunch, and after the 1st 2 days seems everyone discovered it! Busy but its expected with this many passengers.

There was a turn over of crew, but seriously we never expected the level of service that you get on a smaller ship, we felt given its size the service was fine. We are easy to please people though.

Went to Giovanni's 2x Rafael is the BEST waiter... awesome service, great guy.

Embarking... maybe took 10 minutes, we literally walked out of the cab and onto the ship, no lines.

Disembarking.... we did Express walk off, off the ship at 6:20 AM and at the airport by 6:40 am. We were there so early we managed to get onto an earlier flight 8 am to Newark. I was home and doing my laundry by 12:00!

We loved Oasis and are booked on Allure next year same week. We decided not to even do the Main Dining room on Allure, we decided we'd rather eat at Giovanni's a couple of times, The Solarium Restaurant and a few others. Allure will have a Mexican Tapas restauarnt instead of the Seafood shack so it gives yet another option. We are going to "Freestyle" on Allure.

I am not sure if you knew but vintages has tapas and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner there outside in Central Park. We were on the same cruise and had a great time as well,.

I am not sure if you knew but vintages has tapas and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner there outside in Central Park. We were on the same cruise and had a great time as well,.

Yes we saw that, it looks great also. Can't wait for Allure because now we know all these options, that looks like a nice relaxing place to go

LMAO @ Suzie... I wish we would have met during the cruise. I'm glad u had a great time.

As Gordon stated approximately 400 or so were transferred and others contracts ended and our on vacation. But all the staff & crew I encountered were great!

Well book Allure for 11/6/11 and we'll meet you!

Hey Tryon. Doing well. Counting down the days until we board the Allure. Glad that you had a great time on Oasis.:)

Hey Dale. Glad that you had a good time on Oasis. :)

Gordon thanks for the thumbs up for Giovanni we tried it and really liked it.

Was not impressed with 150 central park at all it was our least favorite restaurant during the week. We had a blast and am looking forward to doing Allure down the road.

The ship was spotless and still looked as good as it did during inaugural. :D A lot of the crew were new but they still did a great job! My time dining needs to be revamped but other than that....an awesome trip on a beautiful ship.

Would you please be more specific about MTD needing revamping. We plan to book soon and want to choose MTD. What needs to be changed? Thank you.

Archived