This SLOW board is driving me bananas!

Cotton

Well Randy - I hope you find out and can enlighten us.....:o

BUT - I'm outta here. It worked sorta ok for me the first 10 minutes this morning, but after much aggrevation.....I went to another cruise board, easily zipping thread to thread.

I need to get away anyhow, so I think I'll just go visit my daugher in N.O. - Yeah....a coupla days on a French Quarter balcony should do me some good.;)

What other cruise board did you go to??? I would like to visit it as well... I also have been having trouble with this s-l-o-w- boards for days now. I'm sure they are working on it as fast as they can but it sure is frustating!!!! Thanks. Linda

Can we mention other boards?

I know we're not supposed to mention TAs but I think other boards are OK. I've seen cruisecritic mentioned all the time on cruisemates and cruise-addicts.

I hit those boards every couple of days. They're set us similarly to this one, but there is definitely less activity. However, it does seem like it has picked up in the last week or so, and I even recognize some of the names from here. It is nice to put your feet up and read and get off when you want to get off.

It is indeed getting worse.:(

Agreed. I am having a difficult time even reading many posts...sometimes it takes several minutes and or tries. Something is definately up. I am sure someone will get to the bottom of it, but as everyone has said...it is very irritating. Especially since there is so much valuable information here and we all know it, but cant access it when we want to. Perhaps it is just my impatience...but maybe not. :)

OK......OK....OK......!:D

Just talked to Laura and here's a little more than "We're working on it"......but it will have to do for now...OK?:D

Hi folks:

As you may be aware, January and February are PRIME cruise planning months. As a result, we've experienced tremendous growth in our boards usage, which has slowed down the delivery at peak usage times. We want you to know we are acutely aware of the situation, as it affects all of us as well, and are looking into various solutions.

Evenings and lunchtime hours are the hardest hit -- if you have the flexibility, try using the boards at other times.

Laura

OK?...........and I'll give more when I get it.....Please oh Please bear with us.....I think we're THE largest cruise message board and among many HUGE ones....:eek:

Randy -- This is just not true. It is happening all the time.

ALL THE TIME

Not just at lunch time. Not just at dinner time.

ALL THE TIME

Are you guys suggesting we should not use these boards from say noon to 8PM?

Lunch and dinner times are the hardest hit but since people have trouble they are spending all day long at work hitting the site.....THUS making it all the time....and FEB and JAN are THE busiest.....nope, not asking you to NOT use......just making a suggestion since it is congested those times........:confused:

I'm on high speed too and I want some ANSWERS too!:mad: ....Wait, I'm suppose to have them!:eek:

Seriously......many of you know I just returned from a cruise and been so busy that I've not been on that much but I have noticed it being slow sporadically so I sent an email out just now to find out what the problem is......I'll let you know when I find out....but I'll be in and out today.....I'm sure Laura is aware and they are working on it......sorry, that's all I have at this point.

the real problem here is Host Randy is taking too many cruises!!:D :D He should stay home and work on all of these problems!!LOL only kidding, of course. We leave Sunday on Destiny!!:)

Well maybe everyone should just ask for a refund????? You know, for the high cost of using this board? :p I'm confident they are working on it, I'm sure nobody is more frustrated than the people running the site. This is a huge community, with thousands hitting it all the time. But bottom line, if a cruise message board is seriously ruining your life, then there are far bigger problems that should be addressed than a slow site :p :D ;)

[quote name='oceantravel']I rarely noticed this as a problem with the old system. There seemed to be a lot more people posting to this site back then. I rarely ever noticed a problem back then. I'm not buying the congestion of the site being the problem.[/QUOTE]

Not sure of the exact numbers... but I believe we had about 25,000 less people back then... I am just guessing, but that could make a difference :confused:

[quote name='GoinCruisin']Not sure of the exact numbers... but I believe we had about 25,000 less people back then... I am just guessing, but that could make a difference :confused:[/QUOTE]

[color=black]You might be right, I don't know the numbers. I would be interested in knowing the number of [b][font=Verdana]posts [/font][/b]per day or month. The number of people doesn’t necessarily mean there were more posts. To me, the Carnival board seemed a lot busier back then.[/color]

[color=black]OK Hosts...who knows the answer to this question? [/color]

That's amazing. Randy you should have put one of these in your post to me :p LOL

Is the Carnival portion of this board busier or do they campare the different boards within cruise critic? I'm speaking compared to a year ago.

Thanks for the information. Maybe it is rush hour traffic LOL :confused:

Archived