This SLOW board is driving me bananas!

Cotton

[quote name='oceantravel']LOL...........I just love this place. It doesn't matter how slow it gets...I refuse to go anywhere else. :D[/QUOTE]

It's a great board... I agree. I'll take a slow time here and there.. I do feel bad for those with dial up though! OUCH!!!!!!!

Thank goodness. I thought it was just us. My wife & I share a dsl line and thought that since we were both on the same site that was the reason for it taking soooooo loooooong sometimes, it took me 10 minutes to post this reply:) We really do enjoy the site, and all the unbelivable suful information we have found. But you have to take the good with the bad.
Happy sailing!!!

[quote name='GoinCruisin']Now Derf, it's been posted on here several times... if anyone can find it, YOU CAN!!! LOL!!!![/QUOTE]

I link an link everone elseses (speling) questions and when I ask for a link. I get no satisfaction. ;) LOL

Just playing around. don't take me serious.

Derf:

[color=black]It's because nobody wants to go up against the "Master Linker". ;) [/color]

[color=black] [/color]

[color=black]Here's the scenario:[/color]

[color=black] [/color]

[color=black]We'd find the link:[/color]

[color=black]Give it to you and then you would feed us a link why that wasn’t the link....get my drift :eek: [/color]

[quote name='oceantravel']Give it to you and then you would feed us a link why that wasn’t the link....get my drift :eek: [/QUOTE]

I resemble that remark

Is that my reputation? Am I rubbing CruiseCriters the wrong way? Should I stop linking because I have become the laughing stock of cruisecritic.

I have thought about starting a "poll"; should derf continue or deceist (I before e except after c) in linking. I would do it myself but I'm too vain. And I don't want to get in trouble with Laura. And and it might hurt my feelings snif snif.

The sentence "I resemble that remark" rather than "I resent that remark" contains a good "intentional" malapropism,
from
[url]http://www.engl.niu.edu/mlarson/grammar/Chap_6.html[/url]

It is real easy to speed up their server if they wanted to but it would reduce the number of "hits" on their website which is counter productive to them. They want the website "hits" and they live by them.

All they have to do is to stop allowing those server consuming conga lines, word affiliation and continue this sentense and the other junk threads.

But than that is to simple and does not require a highly over paid "IT genius" to think of how to solve the problem now does it. All IT people think of is building their domain by adding more technology rather than simplifying matters.

Yea, I was on the inside prior to retiring. I plead guilty.

[quote name='derf5585']I resemble that remark

Is that my reputation? Am I rubbing CruiseCriters the wrong way? Should I stop linking because I have become the laughing stock of cruisecritic.

I have thought about starting a "poll"; should derf continue or deceist (I before e except after c) in linking. I would do it myself but I'm too vain. And I don't want to get in trouble with Laura. And and it might hurt my feelings snif snif.

The sentence "I resemble that remark" rather than "I resent that remark" contains a good "intentional" malapropism,
from
[url="http://www.engl.niu.edu/mlarson/grammar/Chap_6.html"]http://www.engl.niu.edu/mlarson/grammar/Chap_6.html[/url][/QUOTE]

If you quit linking I'll be devistated.

The poll would be 100% link away baby!!!!!

I crown you with your new name:

Derf "The Master linker"

[quote name='derf5585']I have thought about starting a "poll"; should derf continue or deceist (I before e except after c) in linking. I would do it myself but I'm too vain. And I don't want to get in trouble with Laura. And and it might hurt my feelings snif snif.[/QUOTE]

Don't you dare stop linking! It wouldn't be the same without you and your interesting links. BTW, it's desist. :D

• Administrators
Some numbers & facts for you:

Since we launched these new boards in June 04, there were:

24, 904 new members

We average between 6700 and 9600 new posts PER DAY (that's alot of moderating going on-- thanks Hosts).

There was an average of just under 10000 registered users who visit the boards PER DAY back in December....now that amount is around 15,000.

Traffic is pretty sane before 9am, when it steadily rises until 11am when it peaks...and stays peaked until around 10pm et.

The most popular forum is....(don't get testy now) - Royal Caribbean
Carnival is second.

85% of our users are from the US, 8% from Canada, 3% from the UK and the balance from the rest of the world.

[quote name='LauraS']Some numbers & facts for you:
Since we launched these new boards in June 04, there were:
24, 904 new members
We average between 6700 and 9600 new posts PER DAY (that's alot of moderating going on-- thanks Hosts).
There was an average of just under 10000 registered users who visit the boards PER DAY back in December....now that amount is around 15,000.
[/QUOTE]

Considering those numbers I am surprised it works as well as it does.
I have noticed that in order to cut CPU time and overhead that the number of New Posts displayed to a user is 250 down from 500. I would guess you have done some behind the scenes cuts in the overhead. Since those cuts things have improved but they are not as good as they were two weeks ago.

People today don't remember 300 baud modems and the time it took to move a single file between two computers. I hope that CC can solve the current problem and we won't need this thread any longer.
But this thread does provide a place to vent.

[quote name='LauraS']That's a pretty keen eye there, Jukeboxy! You're the first to notice the 250 result return.....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jukeboxy']
the number of New Posts displayed to a user is 250 down from 500.[/QUOTE]

[B]Could someone please explain what it all means?[/B]

Archived