This SLOW board is driving me bananas!

Cotton

I know this has been brought up a coupla times already......but GEEZ LOUISE, this is getting ridiculous.:eek: Seems as if about every other time I hit a button, it just freezes up on me. I just posted a lengthy reply, and then had to go back and type it all over again. Have had this happen numerous times lately.

I wish a host or somebody in the know would at least explain what the problem might be:confused: , and if it will be solved anytime soon. This has been going on for what, 4-5 days now. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who has mentioned it.

I think I'll just take a coupla days off, and see if it's ok when I get back...I'm frustrated.:o

I know this has been brought up a coupla times already......but GEEZ LOUISE, this is getting ridiculous.:eek: Seems as if about every other time I hit a button, it just freezes up on me. I just posted a lengthy reply, and then had to go back and type it all over again. Have had this happen numerous times lately.

I wish a host or somebody in the know would at least explain what the problem might be:confused: , and if it will be solved anytime soon. This has been going on for what, 4-5 days now. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who has mentioned it.

I think I'll just take a coupla days off, and see if it's ok when I get back...I'm frustrated.:o

Please don't take a couple of days off, I so look forward to your such helpful info!!!

I'm on high speed cable and it makes no difference. I tried to open the same thread three times, each time having to go to another site on my favorites list then come back in. It's no wonder all the other cruise sites have so many lurkers, guests and new members.

Ditto to everyone. I'm assuming the powers that be know about it and are trying to fix it. The only thing that I can suggest (after losing many many posts) is to first type your messages on word or a similar program and then copy and paste. That way if the message does not go through you don't have to try to remember each word that you've typed. :p

YIKES!!!! I have been complaining to my husband about how horrible our computer has gotten lately. I told him that I have given up posting on these boards altogether just because our computer keeps having problems. Basically, I've been a whiney wife.

NOW I find out it's this site, not my computer. Boy, do I feel dopey!!!

Ditto to everyone. I'm assuming the powers that be know about it and are trying to fix it. :p

Well if they are doing that it would be nice to hear about it. It seems that "nobody is listening" when there is no acknowledgement of the issue.

I've built a lot of web servers for a lot of sites, and from the error messages, the problem is definitely due to an issue on the "boards.cruisecritic.com" server.:confused:

Could be a hardware problem, could be a software problem, could just be too many users. Only the owners can tell for sure.

It's running on a Windows box, maybe it just needs a reboot :p

I have a (nearly) 5 year old computer...which makes it 90 in computer years :rolleyes: and I thought it was my PC that was causing the problem...I'm actually thrilled to know it's not!! It has been frustrating!!

I also thought the problem was with my home computer but noticed the same problems at work. Getting to the main page is no problem....it's when I try to go to the boards and click on threads that the problem starts. At least I know I am not alone in my misery of not being able to access threads without the website freezing up!

I'm on high speed too and I want some ANSWERS too!:mad: ....Wait, I'm suppose to have them!:eek:

Seriously......many of you know I just returned from a cruise and been so busy that I've not been on that much but I have noticed it being slow sporadically so I sent an email out just now to find out what the problem is......I'll let you know when I find out....but I'll be in and out today.....I'm sure Laura is aware and they are working on it......sorry, that's all I have at this point.

Archived