Does Princess offer discounted fares for Children?

parkerlisa

Considering cruising with a 9 year old and myself in 1 room. Will Princess give a break for the childrens fare? If a balcony room fare is say $1300 for an adult, what will be be for a 9 year old?

Any experience?

thanks

lisa

On our CP this September we did receive discounts for children.(3rd and 4th persons )in the room. we booked 2 balconys and one inside. Hope this helps jcike

Those discounts are for 3rd and 4th passenger rates regardless of age. So the answer is "no" they do not offer children rates.

If the 9 year old is in the cabin with you they will get a 3rd passenger rate which will be cheaper
Only if the 9 year old is a 3rd person. I believe the OP said that it was just herself and the child with no 3rd person involved. If that's the case, then the 2nd person (i.e., the 9 year old) would pay the full per-person/double-occupancy rate.

Considering cruising with a 9 year old and myself in 1 room. Will Princess give a break for the childrens fare? If a balcony room fare is say $1300 for an adult, what will be be for a 9 year old?

Any experience?

thanks

lisa

Quoting Princess, "3d and 4th person fares vary by departure date". An example - @$500 would be typical for a $1700 EBD rate.

Give Princess a call. I don't think a TA discount applies.

Princess DOES NOT have a discount for children of any kind. They do however offer a discount rate for anyone that is the 3rd or 4th person booked IN THE SAME CABIN. So the first two passengers, no matter who they are or what their age pay one price, after that the price is discounted. No, it is not less for children that are occupying a cabin with their parents, it is the same as it would be for two extra adults occupying the same cabin.

So if a single adult and one child are all that is going to be in the cabin, the child would pay the same exact rate as if it were two adults booked in that cabin.

Wondering how many kids would be on cruises if Princess eliminated the 3rd and 4th passenger booking discount? :confused: :confused: :cool:

Plenty, including mine. Cabins are so small that many parents book 2 cabins, paying first and second passenger rate.......twice.:D

Plenty, including mine. Cabins are so small that many parents book 2 cabins, paying first and second passenger rate.......twice.:D

Hubby in one room with one kid, wife in another with the other. Makes for a great getaway for the parents or do they let their kids, especially the young ones room together without supervision. Bet the room stewards love that.. :D

Wondering how many kids would be on cruises if Princess eliminated the 3rd and 4th passenger booking discount? :confused: :confused: :cool:

Probably close to the same amount. For someone like me, I have to get 2 cabins as we're a family of 5 already so I have always paid 4 full fares and 1 discounted.

It really doesn amaze me how negative people are about children going on cruises, I had no idea. I have to say that I've seen more rude behaviour our of adults than I have out of any of the children we've run across on any of our cruises and that includes on Disney where there are a ton of kids. I would take a child any day over a cranky adult!

Probably close to the same amount. For someone like me, I have to get 2 cabins as we're a family of 5 already so I have always paid 4 full fares and 1 discounted.

It really doesn amaze me how negative people are about children going on cruises, I had no idea. I have to say that I've seen more rude behaviour our of adults than I have out of any of the children we've run across on any of our cruises and that includes on Disney where there are a ton of kids. I would take a child any day over a cranky adult!

I totally agree cjskids. You are right on!!!! I'm taking all of my grandchildren on the cp in sept. 10, 2005. All 8 of them ages 13 to 7.

Wow, what lucky grandkids! Hey do you want to adopt a few more?!!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful cruise, I'm sure you'll be making wonderful memories for everyone.[/quote

My DW and I are celebrating our 40th anniversary and we wanted to share it with all our family. Our three sons and their DW's will be there as well. Family is wonderful and we wanted to share this moment in our lives with them all. Here's to fair skies and calm seas. jcike

[quote=jcike1980

My DW and I are celebrating our 40th anniversary and we wanted to share it with all our family. Our three sons and their DW's will be there as well. Family is wonderful and we wanted to share this moment in our lives with them all. Here's to fair skies and calm seas. jcike

Congrats! My parents took my family of 5 and my brother and his wife and son to Disney World a few years ago and it was fantastic. This will give you all a trip to remember for a life time.

Congrats! My parents took my family of 5 and my brother and his wife and son to Disney World a few years ago and it was fantastic. This will give you all a trip to remember for a life time.

Thank you we look forward to it and we are reminded everytime a grandchild calls!!!!They are as well as you can imagine. Thanks again, JCIKE

Archived