Dress in Main dinging room

cruiselover48

First time with Celebrity long time RCCL, please tell me what people wear on non formal nights in the Main dining room. Really looking forward to something new. We feel like we never cruised before. Thanks Roz

Pants and a shirt with a collar for men....Would never suggest what a woman should wear, married too long..Anyway, heres the dress code

Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the "Smart Casual and Above" dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

Formal

Ladies: Cocktail dress, gown or dressy pantsuit

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit or dinner jacket with slacks

Our 16 night cruise on Eclipse had 3 formal nights; the remainder were Smart Casual or above.

Most ladies dressed up.

In fact some wore very smart clothes, not much different to formal.

What you feel happy in I think.

IMO it is my opportunity to wear a different outfit every night; although someone we spoke said that they like 'anytime dining' as they were with different company every night, so could wear the same outfit more than once & no one would know.

:(You can wear jean in the MDR but don't tell anyone I told you that.

Boy am I going to hear it now.

We just returned from the Celebrity Solstice and jean were allowed in the MDR on non-formal nights.

I just opened a can of worms. See other posts:D

I was also on that cruise and I did see people in jeans in the MDR. They looked very out of place.

Whether anyone likes it or not, or approves of it or not - it is very clear that Celebrity's policy has changed to allow jeans (without rips holes or tears) in the MDR on smart casual nights. They specifically took the word "jeans" off the forbidden list when they made the change. On a longer cruise, you are going to experience a more traditional crowd and more people who will disapprove of the practice. On a shorter cruise, people will not generally care as much. On the 4 night I just came off of, there were a number of people in jeans on *formal* night and they sure did look out of place on a formal night, but they were also not turned away.

Bring AT LEAST a cocktail dress and dark suit.....If you want to go "all out" bring tux and evening gown....doesn't have to be a "ballgown"...something long, slinky and sexy will do!

I believe OP was asking about non-formal nights--just so as not to confuse the issues

Bring AT LEAST a cocktail dress and dark suit.....If you want to go "all out" bring tux and evening gown....doesn't have to be a "ballgown"...something long, slinky and sexy will do!

I realize they asked about smart casual nights but just as a reminder the word "dark" in suit was removed from the dress code a couple of years ago..

Archived