(hopefully) awesome upgrade!!

myba16

I originally booked an inside room category KK on the Crown next month. Then the price went down so my TA was able to get us a category GG guarantee for the same price. They assigned us room E602, category F, which is an obstructed oceanview. Today I got an email that we got upgraded to A640, category BC!! I dreamed of this when I booked, but knew that most upgrades with a guarantee are from one oceanview to another. I realistically didn't think I could get that much of an upgrade!! This room costs $500 more than I paid. Hopefully there's nothing wrong with it lol. It can happen!!

The upgrade fairies have been busy! We had been upgraded from a BG guarantee to a BA, and we were thrilled, but then yesterday we got an email that they have now upgraded us to an AC mini suite (D121). We leave on Saturday!:D

That's a great upgrade! Congrats. I agree with some of the other posters though. Once you've been upgraded you may want to book that category moving forward. I was upgraded from an Aloha Deck Balcony to a mini-suite on the Sapphire back in 2008 and have sailed a couple of mini's since then and have one of my two bookings booked for a mini. Not that I can't go lower as my April cruise is in an obstructed view but, believe me, if I think whoever is cruising with me and I can swing a mini I will. Oh my, maybe I should wish I don't ever get upgraded to a Suite. Those prices are a bit much for me to think about!:D:D:D

Congrats on the upgrade! My DH was in the once a balcony always a balcony camp. So after our first balcony cabin, I booked us an inside for our next cruise. We had a great time, and he learned that he could go back to being frugal. We've booked balconies when they've been priced great, but otherwise we book insides or obstructed view cabins.

Archived