went on rccl and was dissapointed that they

csoud

I was very surprised and disappointed that RCCL did not have BLT's on the room service menu. That is one of the things that we love to order for a snack. While RCCL offered hot foods which Carnival does not (at least, not as of my last cruise with CCL), the BLT was sorely missed! :(

However RCCL has a much better room service menu. Hot breakfast item and you can get whatever lunch and dinner items they are serving in the MDR.

However RCCL has a much better room service menu. Hot breakfast item and you can get whatever lunch and dinner items they are serving in the MDR.

I did not find the menu to be better. The hot food was not hot, and no real selection but powdered scrambled eggs (I get this every day in the DFAC, and wanted something else). No toast either, only 'pastries'. Also, when I attempted to order something off the MDR menu for room service (I was VERY sick and was stuck in my cabin for my entire 12-day cruise, not RCL's fault at all), I was told repeatedly that MDR food was not available via room service. Also, the interactive room service menu listed items that when I attempted to order instead of MDR food, I was told that it was not available via room service either. Since this particular cruise was a solo cruise, I did not have anyone who could go to the MDR to get food for me. Not a big deal, just disappointing. It will not keep me from giving RCL another try. I will just be better prepared on what my eating options are! :)

Wow, I would never consider picking a cruise line over a hamburger stand. Not that I don't like hamburgers, but the hamburgers on Carnival is the everyday crap you could have anyplace. Each ship has it's "good" food and "bad" food choices but the "fast" food choices are better on RCCL anyday, but the "location" is not always best.

Wow, I would never consider picking a cruise line over a hamburger stand. Not that I don't like hamburgers, but the hamburgers on Carnival is the everyday crap you could have anyplace. Each ship has it's "good" food and "bad" food choices but the "fast" food choices are better on RCCL anyday, but the "location" is not always best.

Gotta disagree with you on the burgers. We think they are excellent.

Also love the chicken fingers.

LOL - Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, French Fries, and Chicken Fingers?

Really?

REALLY?

You go on a cruise and THAT is what you eat?

REALLY?

Totally agree with you.I have said this over and over agian here on CC. You don't go on a cruise to eat burgers and hotdogs (ok you can have a few)but just looks like Carnival croud prefer that kind of food.I have been on 7-8 cruises on both lines and NO WAY Carnival food is better. Just start with the RCI buffet which blows Carnivals buffet out of the water.Far superior. When it comes to MDR food they are about the same.

I'm not sure I read anyone saying they actually CHOSE a line based on hams and hots.

But I must say, although the layout of the WJ is great for crowd control, the selections on my last RCCL left much to be desired. I actually walked out looking for two other alternatives, only to find them closed (JR and the MDR).

Nothing I've ever sailed beats the Spirit class buffets.

Totally agree with you.I have said this over and over agian here on CC. You don't go on a cruise to eat burgers and hotdogs (ok you can have a few)but just looks like Carnival croud prefer that kind of food.I have been on 7-8 cruises on both lines and NO WAY Carnival food is better. Just start with the RCI buffet which blows Carnivals buffet out of the water.Far superior. When it comes to MDR food they are about the same.

Totally agree. RCCL buffet was great with NO LINES EVER due to the far superior layout of numerous food stations and prepoured drinks. MDR was equal IMO.

Arguing over hot dogs and hamburgers is comical. Who really eats that food that often while on a cruise?

LOL - Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, French Fries, and Chicken Fingers?

Really?

REALLY?

You go on a cruise and THAT is what you eat?

REALLY?

who said that they go on a cruise for burgers, dogs, fries and chicken fingers?

Archived