went on rccl and was dissapointed that they

csoud

Not sure I would agree that Carnival "blows" RCCL away when it comes to food. Maybe certain Carnival ships are better than others as different Royal Caribbean ships may have better food than some of its other ships.

We actually found breakfast on our most recent Carnival cruise to be quite lacking compared to 2 other RCCL cruises. The dining in the main dining room seemed about equal and we have found that RCCL offers more of a selection when it came to dessert.

There are plenty of food options on RCCL that offer pizza, hamburgers, hotdogs etc so I am not sure why something has to be "poolside" for it to be better.

I was very surprised and disappointed that RCCL did not have BLT's on the room service menu. That is one of the things that we love to order for a snack. While RCCL offered hot foods which Carnival does not (at least, not as of my last cruise with CCL), the BLT was sorely missed! :(

I haven't been on CC yet, (have a cruise booked in June) I have been on RCCL and Princess. I have studied the menus, and I can say for certain that RCCL has a much better room service menu. You can order hot breakfast items, whereas CC only offers continental breakfast

Not sure I would agree that Carnival "blows" RCCL away when it comes to food. Maybe certain Carnival ships are better than others as different Royal Caribbean ships may have better food than some of its other ships.

We actually found breakfast on our most recent Carnival cruise to be quite lacking compared to 2 other RCCL cruises. The dining in the main dining room seemed about equal and we have found that RCCL offers more of a selection when it came to dessert.

There are plenty of food options on RCCL that offer pizza, hamburgers, hotdogs etc so I am not sure why something has to be "poolside" for it to be better.

since you arent sure why someone would like carnivals "poolside" grille over what the rcci set up i will tell you why i prefer the "pooside" setup.

1.As in real estate, its all about the Location. On my rccl cruise i had to walk all the way to the back of the ship in order to get a burger and french fries. I am sure it isnt that way on all rcci ships but it was on mine. And yes, i could have stayed at the back of the ship to be closer to the fast food, but i just didnt want to stay there.

2.Quality. The burgers, hot dogs and fries are just much better on carnival. Of course, that is my opinion and is subjective.

i hope now you know that i am aware that both cruiselines sell burgers, fries and pizza and that i have reasons of my own to prefer carnival. I hope this enlightened you to why someone would think in such a way.

I must admit I don't like not being to eat outside on RCCL EOS for breakfast or lunch, unless I eat on my lounger. And having fresh grilled burgers is a plus on CCL,although I usually only have one on embarkation day.

Yeah I'm also a little disappointed that RCCL doesn't have those poolside grille. That is one thing that I truly missed, being able to make a quick plate of food and still be within eyesight of the pool. I wish they would atleast bring some of those portable food stations out there by the pool on sea days. Sometimes the cafe promenade just wasn't to convenient to eat at. Really did miss the burrito bar also on my last RCCL cruise.

On my last RCCL cruise on the Jewel Of The Seas there was an on deck BBQ lunch on three sea days. One day they even made the largest pan of Paella I ever saw pool side.Also, there is NEVER a line in the buffet. There might be one or two people ahead of you at a serving station at peak times.......Try Radiance Class RCCL ships.......I am leaving Sunday on Carnival and am not very happy about what CC member reviews have been saying about long lines/limited serving hours in the buffet on Conquest Class ships.

since you arent sure why someone would like carnivals "poolside" grille over what the rcci set up i will tell you why i prefer the "pooside" setup.

1.As in real estate, its all about the Location. On my rccl cruise i had to walk all the way to the back of the ship in order to get a burger and french fries. I am sure it isnt that way on all rcci ships but it was on mine. And yes, i could have stayed at the back of the ship to be closer to the fast food, but i just didnt want to stay there.

2.Quality. The burgers, hot dogs and fries are just much better on carnival. Of course, that is my opinion and is subjective.

i hope now you know that i am aware that both cruiselines sell burgers, fries and pizza and that i have reasons of my own to prefer carnival. I hope this enlightened you to why someone would think in such a way.

Do not forget the awesome chicken fingers on Carnival.

I love Carnival, and have been on 6 cruises with them to 1 with RCCL - but I must say that on that one RCCL cruise, I had the best food and food service I've ever had on a cruise.

It is really just personal taste - why is it even a debate? Different strokes for different folks.

Do not forget the awesome chicken fingers on Carnival.

... and on RCL everyone looks forward to the honey stung chicken in the buffet the first day .. go figure.

Must be I have no taste, because I find food on both I like equally. I just did a B2B and I sure was NOT saying to myself .. wish I was on Carnival. When Im on Carnival, I dont say wish I was on RCL.

Once Im on a cruise I enjoy whatever is offered.

rc food in general is bad compared to carnival. although i love their seaview cafe and even thier buffet, carnival blows them over with the buritto bar and asian food

I'd have to give you an argument there. We were on RCCL this past April/May, and on Carnival the first part of this month. I was quite disappointed in Carnivals food. The first evening, my wife ordered Mahi Mahi. When it came to the table, it was definitely spoiled. Not in over or under cooked, SPOILED, like rotten. It didn't smell fishy, it just smelled like dead fish. We called the waitress, and when she smelled it, she immediately took it back, and brought out my wifes second order within minutes. The waitress was fantastic every night. Another evening, my wife and I both ordered Prime Rib. Mine was pretty good, Her's was almost inedible. Very tough. I ordered their "flat iron steak", and it was tough enough to give a pit bull problems. Other than those times the food wasn't bad. But it was a bit of a disappointment when the food we ordered wasn't up to the usual quality. I think the quality of RCCL has suffered too over the last 10 years of so, but not as bad as Carnival.

... and on RCL everyone looks forward to the honey stung chicken in the buffet the first day .. go figure.

Must be I have no taste, because I find food on both I like equally. I just did a B2B and I sure was NOT saying to myself .. wish I was on Carnival. When Im on Carnival, I dont say wish I was on RCL.

Once Im on a cruise I enjoy whatever is offered.

Agreed.

If those are the only differences that you can find between RCCl and CCl then there are no real differences, especially in my book because IMO RCCL has much better food in the MDR than Carnival.

The poolside grille is most definitely not the only difference between both cruiselines. This is just one thing i wanted to share.

Does the location of where to find burgers and hot dogs really make that much difference? You have to walk an extra 50 feet on one line versus another for a dog.

We've been on Carnival, Princess, and RCCL...and I can't say that's one of the top 100 things we've considered. ;)

And yes...I do have kids.

Does the location of where to find burgers and hot dogs really make that much difference? You have to walk an extra 50 feet on one line versus another for a dog.

We've been on Carnival, Princess, and RCCL...and I can't say that's one of the top 100 things we've considered. ;)

And yes...I do have kids.

My sentiments exactly.

I've been on both lines equally and my personal preferance in food is Carnival. My husband loves burgers. I mean loves them. He's always at the back of the ship enjoying the pool bar (I know where to find him:rolleyes:) and it was so convenient to grab his favorite and bring back to his spot. He had at least 2 to 3 burgers everyday with the trimmings. I must say I enjoyed the fresh grilled burgers with the crispy fries also. We rarely did the buffet for lunch. We always had the Mongolian Wok, Burrito Bar, Pizza, Deli and poolside grill near us. In the aft adult pool area.

I distinctly remember our Explorer of the Seas cruise. The burgers were horrible. it was sitting under the light in the buffet and not good at all.

If we had to pay for a good burger everyday it would really run our tab up.

Sometimes it's not the big things, but the little things that passengers remember.

I haven't been on CC yet, (have a cruise booked in June) I have been on RCCL and Princess. I have studied the menus, and I can say for certain that RCCL has a much better room service menu. You can order hot breakfast items, whereas CC only offers continental breakfast

Just because it is hot (more like warm) doesn't mean that it is better. I was really looking forward to a hot room service breakfast on RCCL and found it too be really awful. My favorite go to for room service breakfast on Carnival is a BLT. They are not stingy on the bacon either.

Archived