Packing pop

Biffer1997

When I read you post heading, I knew you are in the Midwest. We called it Pop in Illinois, and when we were in California it is called soda. When we moved back to this area, I saw a billboard for 'pop' and knew we were 'home'.

Melanie

I grew up calling it "soda pop!" :confused:

We call it pop up here in Minnesota too - drives my dh nuts when we are traveling and I forget to say soda - sometimes I do it on purpose ;).

When we first started traveling we could bring pop/soda on in a cooler - I sure miss those days. Just made it so much easier for us to get it on and keep it cold and then we would pack our souvenirs in it and head home at the end of the cruise.

Good news- now that we are older, we don't drink as much soda so all is good. We bring a 12 pack each and that will last us a full week. Yes, it probably is still more pop than we should drink, but we do!

I remember one time when I work at Wally world in high school and this couple came in and had asked another employee where the pop was and the empolyee looked at them like they were crazy. I walked up to them and said it's at the end of this aisles on the far back wall. I told the co-worker they mean soda and she said why didn't they just say soda? :p

lol. We call it pop up north where I live in Canada.

:)

We also call french fries - chips. When I am in the States I will order fish and chips and get potato chips (Lays etc) I really have to watch this one. And don't even think of asking for vinegar for your fries

I know you are allowed to take 12 soda or water bottles per person (in carryon,correct?) but are the throw-away plastic bottles of soda (I think 16oz) allowed?

Also, any idea how much beer costs on board?

I took 2 of the 8-pack plastic bottles on the Legend in October with no problem. It must be in your carry-on.

Gina

its all COKE to us, no matter what brand, funny all the differences....

Same here..its all coke..."what kinda coke do ya want?"

Any way, we pack a duffle type back in our suit case and take it out at the pre cruise hotel. I then put my 12 pack of diet dr. pepper type cokes in there along with about 6 one liter bottles of water and perrier and pelligrino for my DH. We then CHECK that bag with the porter. I'm not carrying that heavy bag on! I've never had difficulty getting it on the ship. It does get searched because I get a nice little letter from security that they have looked for contriband but that it passed....

I grew up in a little town in Illinois where we called it pop. When I moved to California, no one knew what I was talking about. It was a hard habit to break, but in California and New York it was soda. Then I moved back to Illinois, and everyone thought I was weird for calling it soda. Now I live near St Louis and it's soda again. I wondered if it was a city/country thing?

Same here..its all coke..."what kinda coke do ya want?"

Any way, we pack a duffle type back in our suit case and take it out at the pre cruise hotel. I then put my 12 pack of diet dr. pepper type cokes in there along with about 6 one liter bottles of water and perrier and pelligrino for my DH. We then CHECK that bag with the porter. I'm not carrying that heavy bag on! I've never had difficulty getting it on the ship. It does get searched because I get a nice little letter from security that they have looked for contriband but that it passed....

dont know how many times i have heard someone at mcdonalds or something say "give me a soda". of course the person behind the counter politely waits til they actually say what it is they actually want to drink.

Archived