Packing pop

Biffer1997

We also call french fries - chips. When I am in the States I will order fish and chips and get potato chips (Lays etc) I really have to watch this one. And don't even think of asking for vinegar for your fries

I am SC born and raised.......luv some vinegar on my fries!!! And its all "coke" to me as well!

I know you are allowed to take 12 soda or water bottles per person (in carryon,correct?) but are the throw-away plastic bottles of soda (I think 16oz) allowed?

Also, any idea how much beer costs on board?

Beers are about $5-7 depending, I packed cans of sodas and handed them to the porters and nothing was said...they showed up at my room with the luggage no problems at all....BTW I knew you were a Yankee with the headline POP! LOL

[quote=mommyof3girls;27

As long as it doesn't exceed the limit of 12 per person and as you say in carryon. People still push the "packing in checked luggage" and we will only have them to blame when we lose this as well.

I love it! It's pop to me here in MN it was soda down in FLA but when we drove through Ga. it was all COKE. Either way it's ok to carry it on.

I have carried it on since the 12 pack burst open in my duffle. Luckliy I was smart enouogh to just have the pop/soda/soft drink/coke in the bag alone but still a huge sticky mess and I was down a few drinks.

Now I put it in my roller bag that I clear out once at the pre cruise hotel pack up the drinks/swimwear and anything else I need right away! Way easier than carrying it around. Still a pain to drag it behind me though. But I'm to cheap to by the unlimited card.

[quote=mommyof3girls;27

As long as it doesn't exceed the limit of 12 per person and as you say in carryon. People still push the "packing in checked luggage" and we will only have them to blame when we lose this as well.

Thanks!!! This will help a lot since my kids don't drink soda.

Thanks!!! This will help a lot since my kids don't drink soda.

Glad to hear - I drink a pop occasionally but when I hear people drink 5 - 10 a day or kids are having it for breakfast, lunch and supper I just shiver.

In Oklahoma, it's always called pop. Soda, soda pop, soft drinks--they all make sense. What makes no sense is calling everything coke like they do in Texas.:rolleyes:

"Can I have a Coke?"

"Sure, what kind?"

"A Coke"

"Yeah, what kind?"

"COKE!!!!!!!!!"

:p

Well, first I thought someone wanted to smuggle their Dad on board.

Then I laughed about the pop, because our language is so neat.....all the regional

differences. I grew up in Fl saying what kind of Coke I wanted......now it's most what kind

of soft drink.

As a child, I spent summers on Long Island. I told my friend I wished I could get a soda,

but only had a nickel. She took me to a store where I could get one for a nickel.

The man asked what flavor, and told me what he had. I chose cherry. I was so disappointed to get cherry flavored Coke in a Coca Cola glass instead of an ice cream soda.

Life's first big let down!!

We call it "soda" here in Eastern NY, but where my family is in Western NY it is "Pop". Used to drive my DH crazy too since he was from Long Island. As you can see the same state can even have different names for the same thing.:D

I'm from British Columbia(B.C.) Canada. We call it Pop. I get caught asking for pop in the states & one person looked at me so funny, I remembered and asked for a soda.:D We usually get the pop card, but we are thinking we will each carry on a 12 pack of pepsi, we like coke in Canada, but pepsi in the states, it just tastes different!;) Maybe I'll even bring some root beer, you can't get that on the ship.:)

I'm from British Columbia(B.C.) Canada. We call it Pop. I get caught asking for pop in the states & one person looked at me so funny, I remembered and asked for a soda.:D We usually get the pop card, but we are thinking we will each carry on a 12 pack of pepsi, we like coke in Canada, but pepsi in the states, it just tastes different!;) Maybe I'll even bring some root beer, you can't get that on the ship.:)

I brought 12 cans, all loose in my carryon, and 6 different flavors, including the root beer. It doesn't have to be a 12-pack. It can be 12 cans/bottles of a variety of flavors. I love making a root beer float or Pepsi float, using the ice cream on the ship. I've also noticed the differences in Coke & Pepsi in different countries. I usually like Coke better out of the US, but definitely Pepsi (by a mile) within the US. Carnival seems to use the US version of Coke.

I love British Columbia! It's nice to hear that you refer to pop the "right" way.;)

Ah root beer floats!!!:p Good idea!:)

I brought 12 cans, all loose in my carryon, and 6 different flavors, including the root beer. It doesn't have to be a 12-pack. It can be 12 cans/bottles of a variety of flavors. I love making a root beer float or Pepsi float, using the ice cream on the ship. I've also noticed the differences in Coke & Pepsi in different countries. I usually like Coke better out of the US, but definitely Pepsi (by a mile) within the US. Carnival seems to use the US version of Coke.

I love British Columbia! It's nice to hear that you refer to pop the "right" way.;)

I prefer to bring some birch beer on board and make birch beer floats instead. :D Of course, I've had to bring the stuff from Pennsylvania to Florida for my cruises in the past. It'll be a lot easier when I go out of Baltimore on the Pride in January. :D

The biggest problem with floats of any sort is the soda really ought to be chilled to nearly ice cold, so it crystallizes properly when you put the ice cream in. It's hard to do that with soda you brought on board. I'm half tempted to bring on a small folding cooler on the next trip, and ask the porter to fill it with ice, *just* so I can chill my birch beer before making a float... :D

I prefer to bring some birch beer on board and make birch beer floats instead. :D Of course, I've had to bring the stuff from Pennsylvania to Florida for my cruises in the past. It'll be a lot easier when I go out of Baltimore on the Pride in January. :D

The biggest problem with floats of any sort is the soda really ought to be chilled to nearly ice cold, so it crystallizes properly when you put the ice cream in. It's hard to do that with soda you brought on board. I'm half tempted to bring on a small folding cooler on the next trip, and ask the porter to fill it with ice, *just* so I can chill my birch beer before making a float... :D

Yeah, you can definitely bring your cooler on board with you. You can even bring a hard cooler, as long as it doesn't exceed the dimensions (not sure exactly what the limit is). It's actually a part of the room steward's job (not the porter:p) to keep your cooler filled with ice. We bring a soft cooler on every cruise (easy to pack). Of course, we usually won't get ice until the end of the first day, but we've got chilled drinks ready to go the rest of the cruise. Often, the steward doesn't put enough ice in the cooler, or forgets to put any in. Fortunately on the Triumph, they always had the door to the ice machine unlocked, and we could go get more on our own.

Archived