dream spa question..

csoud

the parents are in a spa suite and get all those benefits due them for booking that room. is there any way that i could use those benefits even though i am in another room, on another deck?

i was thinking that if i had the code for the private elevator and just walked in, maybe the spa reps would just disregard me as a "normal" occurence. i could even borrow my dads wristband or whatever it is they give you to let the spa peeps know i was good to go.

i would like to use the spa facilities as i am used to most of those services at my local gym. I just dont want to pay thirty bucks a day to use the faciity. that is the charge for the average joe who doesnt get a spa sute.

They are very careful about checking the spa passes. My sister and I bought the week pass for $250 so it was $125 apiece. It was well worth it. We used the spa every day. Definitely worth it, we are planning to buy the cruise-long spa pass when we go on the Magic transatlantic next year.

I disagree. We had a spa cabin on the Dream in Oct. They did want to see the wristband and did ask for a key, but if you’re smart you go to the purser’s desk ask for another key to the spa cabin and borrow the wristband. Simple.

I disagree. We had a spa cabin on the Dream in Oct. They did want to see the wristband and did ask for a key, but if you’re smart you go to the purser’s desk ask for another key to the spa cabin and borrow the wristband. Simple.

Not sure that would work, the "key" is your sign and sail card, not a separate key. So your parents would ahve to request a sign and sail for your name to their room and that might invovle other charges. Spa priveldges are only for two per spa cabin as well, IIRC>

Not sure that would work, the "key" is your sign and sail card, not a separate key. So your parents would ahve to request a sign and sail for your name to their room and that might invovle other charges. Spa priveldges are only for two per spa cabin as well, IIRC>

True....but let's say they used the wristband and the card of one of their parents. I doubt they would get caught.

Gee- I'd like to use it free too. Maybe I can make friends with someone who won't be using it all the time.

Or maybe not. This is strange to me- maybe you can steal? Which in the end is what you are doing. Whether it is with the collusion of your parents or not- not to be a prude but this is just wrong. Everyone would like to be able to use the spa for free. But it isn't free- there is a charge for it. Maybe you should rethink this.

Gee- I'd like to use it free too. Maybe I can make friends with someone who won't be using it all the time.

Or maybe not. This is strange to me- maybe you can steal? Which in the end is what you are doing. Whether it is with the collusion of your parents or not- not to be a prude but this is just wrong. Everyone would like to be able to use the spa for free. But it isn't free- there is a charge for it. Maybe you should rethink this.

I agree with you. I have a spa room and I had to pay for it. Why should anyone be able to use it for free. You want to use, pay for it.

We were on the Dream last summer and yes we paid for a spa balcony because we wanted to use the spa features and so we didnt have to smell smoke. No offense, but if you want to use spa features, then pay for them, someone who is too cheap to pay apparently they dont mind stealing and thats what it is, stealing!!

True....but let's say they used the wristband and the card of one of their parents. I doubt they would get caught.

when we were on the dream in a spa balcony we were given the wristband every time we used the spa features, (ie we got a new one each time we used it, perhaps for the reason of people stealing instead of paying??)

i understand that. i am a single cruiser paying 200% already plus airfare. also, i just want to get in one day for a total of an hr. I think their charges are a bit rediculous when it comes to using that facilty.

That may certainly be true- I looked at the massage prices and after nearly choking on my coffee, decided that no- maybe not. Complaining is a perfectly reasonable response- deciding to steal it because you think they overcharge is not. On board ship or elsewhere. Is that what you would teach your children? Never steal unless you think that the price is too much? Then it is ok?

i will get a $30 pass for an hr.

I have that charge tacked onto my room. We got our spa balcony room on the Magic next summer just to be in the non-smoking area. I think we are actually paying only $15.60 more per day (for two people) for this type of cabin. Do they really charge $30 per day if you don't a spa cabin? That does seem high. We'll use the spa amenities. But that's not even the main reason we're paying for this type of cabin.

I have that charge tacked onto my room. We got our spa balcony room on the Magic next summer just to be in the non-smoking area. I think we are actually paying only $15.60 more per day (for two people) for this type of cabin. Do they really charge $30 per day if you don't a spa cabin? That does seem high. We'll use the spa amenities. But that's not even the main reason we're paying for this type of cabin.

yes, $30 a day, wich is brutal. silly me, actually though it was around $10 or so.

of course, i can get out of the $30 charge if i get a treatment from the spa. they will be nice enough to let me use the facilities if i spend $100 bucks. lol

When you turn in your key to get the spa pass, it will show your picture. So you wouldn't be able to use someone else's key. If your parent's added you to their room, the Spa Cabins only include 2 passes so that would't work either. If you want to use the spa, buy the day or week pass. either its worth it or not. Sorry but I would be irritated if I bought the pass and someone who didn't was able to bypass the system.

The ethical question of wither this is stealing or not is up to the OP. I paid for my spa cabin so my conscious is clear. For all of those that like to judge...I wouldn't. If I allow someone to use my car, which I paid for, are they stealing from me? I’m not using it. If someone can use it and obviously I trust this someone…please do.

G

I disagree. The cruiseline limits the number of passes to make this a privilege. If you are letting others use the amenity, that decreases the exclusivity of that amenity, and it is cheating those that actually paid for it.

I disagree. The cruiseline limits the number of passes to make this a privilege. If you are letting others use the amenity, that decreases the exclusivity of that amenity, and it is cheating those that actually paid for it.

Again "cheating" or not is up to the OP. If the OP uses the wristband from their parent, then the parent is the one who will be going without the amenity. You are correct...only so many wristbands are given out. The OP wouldn't be adding to the number given out.

G

Good discussion...

okay - if I have a membership to a health club and I give my membership to a friend to use, is that stealing the membership? We aren't using it at the same time.

Car question is not the same comparison, because you own your car. You don't "own" the spa pass. You are paying for an amenity.

The ethical question of wither this is stealing or not is up to the OP. I paid for my spa cabin so my conscious is clear. For all of those that like to judge...I wouldn't. If I allow someone to use my car, which I paid for, are they stealing from me? I’m not using it. If someone can use it and obviously I trust this someone…please do.

G

Use of your car is a bad analogy. You are not under a contract that says only you will drive the car when you buy it.

You paid for your spa cabin and you can use or not use the privileges included, but they are not yours to give away, that right is reserved by contract to Carnival. Spa privileges are an extra service available to passengers who pay for it eithe rthrough specially designated cabin bookings which include the spa cost in the rate or through separate payment.

Also it is not up to the OP as to whether it is "stealing". That ethical burden is on the parents. If one of the parents decides to add the expense of a 3rd person in the spa cabin and then designate that 3rd person as the recipient of the spa privileges, that is between them and Carnival's policy for handling 3 people in a spa cabin. And Carnival is within its contractual rights to revoke that arrangement if not cleared with them or the director of the hotel services or if a passenger tries to transfer those privileges to another passenger. Thus transferring privileges in violation to your contract is unethical for you, the contract signator.

Archived