How is the Starbucks?

For those who have been on the Allure, or who will be on it soon, how is the Starbucks? Does the coffee taste the same? My parents are going with us on Allure next Nov and they love Starbucks house coffee, but they have found it tastes different at some licensed coffee shops that aren't managed by Starbucks, (like the ones in Barnes and Noble.)

Also, how is the pricing?

Do they accept Starbucks gift cards, or only the Sea Pass?

Not accepting gift cards doesn't surprise me since all charges go through you onboard account.

As to if they're actually as good as any land based Starbucks, I find the quality varies some at the land based Starbucks and, I expect it will vary onboard as well. I won't know first hand until the last of January and only then if my wife can get over whatever this stuff is that's been going around.

I did not use the Starbucks and can't answer questions about it, but I will comment that every time I walked past it, there did not seem to be a line. It never appeared to be busy. I may have missed the busy times if there were any, but it seemed to me that most coffee drinkers opted for the coffee at the Cafe Prominade.

In full disclosure, I am a big Starbucks fan. At home, we go to Starbucks nearly daily. On the ship, there just seemed to be so many other thngs to do and places to grab a coffee or a pastry.

a few more questions. the above post said the onboard Starbucks does accept the Starbucks card; or they don't. Do they have all the same items; such as Chai Tea latte's? thanks in advance.

a few more questions. the above post said the onboard Starbucks does accept the Starbucks card; or they don't. Do they have all the same items; such as Chai Tea latte's? thanks in advance.

Don't know I gift card (but doubt it, it would be a money loser for RCCL), but the menu seemed identical to land based operations, even down to the seasonal drinks, as well as the Aquos water, the juices and even pastries.

Even had the Starbucks oatmeal package

I´m just checking my photos. This is what has been in the pastry area:

$1.95

Pumkin Loaf

Oatmeal

$1.85

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

$1.75

Banana Walnut Bread

Old Fashioned Doughnut

Cinnamon Coffee Cake

Very Berry CC

$1.65

Lemon Pound Cake

and one more item which I can´t read anymore because of the flash hitting the sign.

The coffee menu has

Espresso:

Caramel Macchiato

White Chocolate Mocha or Cinnamon Dolce Latte

Caffé Latte

Caffé Mocha

Vanilla Latte

Caffé Americano

Cappucino

Espresso

Flavor +40ct, Espresso Shot +70c, Organic Soymilk +50ct

Coffee & More:

Freshly Brewed Coffee

Iced Coffee

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate

Hot Chocolate

Kids´ Drinks

Holiday Classics (seasonal)

Frappuccino:

Caramel Brulée or Peppermint Mocha

Caramel, Mocha or Java Chip

Carmel Light or Mocha Light

Coffee

Vanilla Bean

Strawberries&Creme

Tazo Tea:

Full-Leaf Brewed Tea

Tea Lattes

Shaken Iced Tea

Shaken Iced Tea Lemonade

Unfortunately my pics are too dark and not sharp enough to read all prices.

The gift card thing was mentioned by RCI officials in a press conference.

steamboats

Looks like I read that post wrong as it said the do accept gift cards. I'll be checking that out when we're onboard as I'd like to get credit for our purchases if I can. If not it's no big deal.

Archived