Oceania Lack of e-mail response

qldtraveller

Has anyone who has sailed on Oceania ever received a reply from their email address provided on their web page.

We have been trying for 4 weeks(sent measage 3 times) to get a response from their HQ re : shuttles at particular ports, do we pay gratuties when it is included in our fare, whnere is the vessel berthing in say Saigon.

EG Sinagpore Port Authoirty eventually provided me with the berth location as we are not at the cruise terminal.

I would assume as this cruise is in March 2011 they would have some idea of what is io occur at each port etc. etc.

I have not had this issue with Princess, Holland America, RSSC and Viking.

Any feedback on how to get answers from the "horses mouth" would be greatly appreciated.

Frustrated Aussie

I am also from Australia. I have requested information via the web page email address on a number of occasions and have always received a quick acknowledgement that the email has been received and then a couple of days later I have received the answer to my query. Once a reply arrives, you then have the direct email address of an Oceania staff member to whom you can direct any other questions for your cruise.

Good luck.

Has anyone who has sailed on Oceania ever received a reply from their email address provided on their web page.

We have been trying for 4 weeks(sent measage 3 times) to get a response from their HQ re : shuttles at particular ports, do we pay gratuties when it is included in our fare, whnere is the vessel berthing in say Saigon.

EG Sinagpore Port Authoirty eventually provided me with the berth location as we are not at the cruise terminal.

Can your TA not get the answers for you?

Are you actually sending an email yourself to some address or are you filling in the form on the Guest services page?

If you are sending email, it may be that your message is getting caught up by an anti-spam filter.

Try sending from a different email account and also sending a plain text message. Adding background images and especially anything that contains html code can trigger the message to be dumped into a junk box.

If you are filling in the form on their website (I found it under FAQ -> 'contact us' link) I have no idea why you would not get a reply other than *their* email reply to you may be getting caught by a junk mail filter on your end.

I assume you have not phoned O because the 800 number does not work from Australia. Perhaps someone on your Roll Call can help.

Can your TA not get the answers for you?

Sounds like another one of those "Australian Catch 22's" Lyn.

Down under, the Agents seem to hold all the cards by law, and provide precious little when it comes to customer service.

I'll wager that if Australia ever gets its' own version of Cruise Critic, that a few of these idiosyncratic rules and regulations would be toppled.

Another thing to look into is your incoming spam filters, both at your ISP as well as on your computer. When I send messages to others about cruising I often have to follow up because their filters block the message - thinking it is bulk advertising.

The one e-mail we have sent to Oceania was answered promptly, politely and accurately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived