Dining on New Year's Eve in NY??

LadyBerard

We're cruising on the Gem 1/1/11. The night before (New Year's Eve), we're staying at The Kimberly Hotel on East 50th Street. We'd like a nice dinner, as opposed to eating from street vendors, but don't want to drop a fortune. We do have a suite, and plan on entertaining others traveling with us. Does anybody know if there are any Chinese Restaurants around there that would deliver to our hotel or is there any restaurants nearby you can recommend. Thanks.

We're cruising on the Gem 1/1/11. The night before (New Year's Eve), we're staying at The Kimberly Hotel on East 50th Street. We'd like a nice dinner, as opposed to eating from street vendors, but don't want to drop a fortune. We do have a suite, and plan on entertaining others traveling with us. Does anybody know if there are any Chinese Restaurants around there that would deliver to our hotel or is there any restaurants nearby you can recommend. Thanks.

This doesn't answer your question specifically but whenever I'm in NYC for New Years Eve, we always go out for a big late lunch and skip dinner and just have late snacks.

My favorite is either Gramercy Tavern or Blue Ribbon Bakery.

I'm sure someone can fill you in on good Chinese but I've found the best is in Chinatown.

Good luck!

I would contact the hotel now, don't wait until New Year's Eve Day. There are several restaurants in the area that deliver, but being New Year's Eve, that might be a different story. Maybe you want to order room service? Purchase the champagne and other liquor yourself at the closest liquor store. Get some cheese and crackers, soda, etc at a grocery.

Archived