Suggested Gratuities set to increase

prc

the raise from the company , not from me ~!!!!!

Is it such a hardship that you don't feel that their excellent service is worth the suggested new gratuity? If the company raises their stipend, and we don't know that they haven't, who do you think will pay for that raise in the long run if:confused: they raise fares to recover that cost?

Either way there will be complaints. Pass it on as an increase and folks will start saying that since the fare went up and wages went up no need to tip. No easy answer.

How would we even know that wages went up? It is really none of our business what any employer pays their employees or whether they were given a raise. Cruise pricing fluctuates all the time for all kinds of reasons. Demand for the product, expenses to provide the product, or just because. RCI could pay their employees more, raise prices and we would never know the difference or why it happened. It would just be one more price change in a myriad of price adjustments.

The thought of having to tip these people more disgusts me as they are already fat cats pulling a lot of cash! They make a ton of money and have a pretty easy job while traveling the entire world. The staff makes so much in tips and are pretty loaded for what they do as they live on a nice cruise ship. I prefer lines that don’t make me tip and just include it in the price.

You aren't really serious in making these remarks? Please let us know that your comments weren't meant to be taken seriously. "fat cats" - give me a break. Perhaps you should apply for their "pretty easy jobs" with such nice accommodations and dealing with such appreciative guests as you.:rolleyes:

The thought of having to tip these people more disgusts me as they are already fat cats pulling a lot of cash! They make a ton of money and have a pretty easy job while traveling the entire world. The staff makes so much in tips and are pretty loaded for what they do as they live on a nice cruise ship. I prefer lines that don’t make me tip and just include it in the price.

yes , n u wonder why they never quit??:)

You aren't really serious in making these remarks? Please let us know that your comments weren't meant to be taken seriously. "fat cats" - give me a break. Perhaps you should apply for their "pretty easy jobs" with such nice accommodations and dealing with such appreciative guests as you.:rolleyes:

I think that you are biting on the hook. Don't take the bait!;):D

Right on, and good for you!! :)

Looking forward to my departure in the morning. And yes...I will happily tip those hard working crew members of whom I run into all the time in my local Walmart.

If I have bad service, (which is rare) I will not tip as well, but good service nets good tips from me.

Maybe these squeeky cheap "entitled" posters need to try to walk in the shoes of others that are, and never will be, as fortunate as we are here in the USA.

All I'm saying is they make pretty good money or would not be there. I see so many people tip extra and even tip for room service. I have live all over the world and really don't like how we are expected to tip all the time. Charge me what you need to in the cruise price and pay the folks whatever it takes to get them to work. The supply and demand market will ensure they get a fair wage. People are not going to work if it isn't worth their while.

I talked to some people on a recent HAL cruise and they were saying there is a high demand for their jobs. I take that as the money is great and they are over paid for what they do.

So I'm troll for not wanting to tip more? Interesting, I just think the cruise line should pay them from what they charge us. I also know a lot of them crew make pretty good money and enjoy traveling the world for free.

I never said the crew should not earn a decent wage just that I would rather they get it a different way.

Their job seems fun to me is a lot easier than what I for a living negotiating high-level contracts. I can barely take six to eight vacations a year while they are all but on a continous paid vacation.

You know the servers you have for dinner? Their the same dinners at the WJ for breakfast and lunch. You know how you have the same servers every night? They don't take days off. 9 months out of the year. No days off and they don't get to see their families. You tell yourself whatever you have to to get out of tipping, whatever makes you feel better about yourself. BTW you say you saw some people tipping extra? Guess what, most people don't even tip the recommended. Some people (probably like yourself) don't tip at all. So don't assume they're rolling in dough. They do it for their families back home, which they never get to see. They live in a room half the size of an interior and get very few rights. Yeah, sounds like a constant vacation to me.

Sorry Aquahound, I know I'm feeding the troll but I had to get that out.

I'm going to play Devils Advocate here!!!!

With all the cost cutting that RCL is doing, could they be cutting back on the crews wages to save money, and are asking us to pick up the difference by increasing the tip guidelines.

Before everyone jumps all over this, how are we to ever know the real reason for the increase, not just what Royal says.

And for the record, I always tip more than the GUIDELINES.

I'm going to play Devils Advocate here!!!!

With all the cost cutting that RCL is doing, could they be cutting back on the crews wages to save money, and are asking us to pick up the difference by increasing the tip guidelines.

Before everyone jumps all over this, how are we to ever know the real reason for the increase, not just what Royal says.

And for the record, I always tip more than the GUIDELINES.

Does anyone know how much they actually pay them? My understanding was the lived only off of tips. I could be completely wrong, I have no idea, but I know it's not like here where waiters make $3 an hour before tips.

Does anyone know how much they actually pay them? My understanding was the lived only off of tips. I could be completely wrong, I have no idea, but I know it's not like here where waiters make $3 an hour before tips.

I read an interview on here about the American guy who worked on a Carnival ship. He said they make a large majority of their money in tips, so when people don't tip it cuts into money they probably plan on or hope to earn--it is not just a bonus.

As to iscruz4us, I assume you're kidding. No one on here is that ignorant.

Archived