GTY Assignment

Comeoncruisin

Have you checked with your roll call to see if anyone has been assigned their staterooms yet? Many times cabin assignments won't come out until a few week to a few days before your cruise. With others not being available until you check in at the pier. Good luck, I hope you are assigned a good location. Just keep your eye on the Princess Personalizer as the stateroom number will show up there as soon as they release it. ;)

(I would post a link to your roll call, but I don't know what ship you are sailing on).

We booked a Guaranteed Balcony Cabin and are still waiting for our cabin assignement. We are sailing BTB from Feb. 13th to Feb. 20th and then Feb. 20th to Feb. 27th.

Has anyone booked a Guaranteed Cabin and received their cabin assignments?

Thanks

We always book a Gty. We Cruise on Carnival but don't think it is much different on Princess. Usually we have our cabin assignment around the 60 day mark. This years cruise on Feb 7 2011 we had the cabin the week after the final payment. I think that had something to do with the fact that the Cruise was pretty much sold out. Might be worth a call to your TA or Princess to check it out

We are booked on the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan. I have also posted it on the Roll Call but have not heard anything.

Since you don't sale until February 13, it could be over 2 months before you get your assignment. All you can do is to keep checking the personalizer. Some have stateroom assignments just after booking, others won't get them until right up to sailing. There is no way to speed up the process. Only those that are very patient should book guarantees, as they can be very nerve racking with all the waiting involved. Again, good luck!

We're on the same cruise as as41shots. We booked a guarantee the first week in August and had our assignment the next week. I guess that shows that there's no rhyme or reason to when they do assignments. We got a nice upgrade from the lowest category of obstructed view to an unobstructed one.

Got mine about 5 days before sailing. We had a BA gty, and were assigned to one of the oversized handicap-accessible rooms on the Caribe deck. Still a BA, but we were very happy - the room was at least 50% larger than a standard balcony room, and had a huge bathroom and shower.

I think is pretty safe bet that you'll find out at least around 2 weeks prior to departure. Maybe sooner; maybe later. So many factors go into assigning cabins - how oversold the ship is; # of cancellations, group space released, etc that you can't predict when it will be assigned. The whole point of booking a GTY is giving the cruise line the flexibility to assign your cabin anytime up until departure in exchange of either a reduced fare and/or the possibility of a cabin upgrade. Just because one passengers get their cabin assignment right after booking does not guarantee yours will be too. Just keep checking your Personalizer page ever so ofter and it will eventually post. If you don't see it by 2 weeks and you still have concerns call Princess directly and see what can be done.

I just got mine on Thurs with an upgrade so the longer the wait the better .We are leaving in 2 weeks ..so it was kind of close for me .I did not get what I had hoped for but nevertheless a Great cabin for a BTB without needing to move ..so that is a plus

I found it on my cruise personalizer

Good Luck

Michele

Archived