First Time on RCCL - Random Questions

Hey, going on the first RCCL cruise in May. Super excited about all of the active stuff there is to do instead of just sitting and crusing. Couple of questions - SOME are totally out of the blue random things I'm just curious about

1) Do they give slippers in the rooms with the robes? I've seen pix of people with them, this is so not a big deal I'm just curious. We have an oceanview balcony room booked if that makes a difference

2) Does RCCL give past guest discounts on future cruises?

3) Are the pools drained and re-filled every night? (I've heard people say RCCL leaves the same water in and just lets the pump do its thing).

What time do the pools stay open till?

4) Once you pay for the cruise in it's entirety (we have one payment left next month) where can you go to see what shows are going to be on your cruise so you can make reservations? Do you book all the shows including the ones at the comedy place, or just the ones for the main theatre?

We're not really "show" people, but just in case.

5) Oh and does anyone have a copy of what the room service menu might look like? Or is it the same continental breakfast/cold items only type stuff on Carnival??

Hey, going on the first RCCL cruise in May. Super excited about all of the active stuff there is to do instead of just sitting and crusing. Couple of questions - SOME are totally out of the blue random things I'm just curious about

1) Do they give slippers in the rooms with the robes? I've seen pix of people with them, this is so not a big deal I'm just curious. We have an oceanview balcony room booked if that makes a difference

Robes are only given to members staying in suites so you will not get them automatically. If you ask your room steward, (s)he may be able to get one for you though. We have never gotten slippers.

Once you have completed 5 cruises with RCI, you will be eligible for a discount on balcony and above cabins.

3) Are the pools drained and re-filled every night? (I've heard people say RCCL leaves the same water in and just lets the pump do its thing).

Drained and refilled every night. The pools are open 24 hrs.

4) Once you pay for the cruise in it's entirety (we have one payment left next month) where can you go to see what shows are going to be on your cruise so you can make reservations? Do you book all the shows including the ones at the comedy place, or just the ones for the main theatre?

5) Oh and does anyone have a copy of what the room service menu might look like? Or is it the same continental breakfast/cold items only type stuff on Carnival??

Enjoy your cruise:)

1) Do they give slippers in the rooms with the robes? I've seen pix of people with them, this is so not a big deal I'm just curious. We have an oceanview balcony room booked if that makes a difference.

Robes and slippers are not provided in OV balcony rooms. I think only suites get robes. People have probably either a) brought their own robes and slippers or b) ordered them and had them delivered to their rooms.

They do, but only AFTER you have completed your first cruise. Since this will be your first RCCL cruise you won't be able to book a future cruise while onboard ship. Once you are onboard your SECOND cruise you can book onboard for another cruise. You will also be able to book future cruises with discounts online after your first cruise.

Not quite sure about the pools. Some are open to midnight. I think the hours might vary from ship to ship. I'm not a pool person so I'm not sure about the hours.

You don't need to make reservations to see the shows on RCCL. However, I see you're on Allure, so maybe it's different there. Only show I know of that you need tickets for is the Ice Show and you get those onboard ship and not in advance.

Do a board search for this. I know someone has posted it.

1) Do they give slippers in the rooms with the robes? I've seen pix of people with them, this is so not a big deal I'm just curious. We have an oceanview balcony room booked if that makes a difference JS or higher rooms. Also C/A Diamond and above. If Diamond plus they provide slippers..

2) Does RCCL give past guest discounts on future cruises? Yes, You can join once onboard and recieve OBC if booking onboard.

What time do the pools stay open till? Pools not filled every night. Depends on water quality. Pools vary on time depending on ship and pool maint. Hot tubs open 24 hrs normally.

We're not really "show" people, but just in case. Goto Allure pages. Lots of info there on shows and times and availabilty. Also join your sailings meet and mingle.

Breakfast menu you can order scram eggs,bacon,toast,etc.... Is a pretty good selection of items to order!:)

Hope this helps

Archived