Vancouver skytrain with luggage? Walking to the terminal?

Emily626

There are two exits from the Canada Line Waterfront station. The one you want is the elevator right on the platform, which puts you at the corner of W.Hastings and Granville. Don't follow the crowd down the tunnel (opposite end of platform) which will take you into the Waterfront station complex.

This is the exit you want off the platform: https://picasaweb.google.com/vancouvercruise/CanadaLineYVRToCanadaPlaceWaterfrontStation#5371855348978723922

Thanks tons. That is a GREAT SERIES OF PHOTOS for anyone about to take the SkyTrain

A few hours to go!:D

• 3 months later...
There are two exits from the Canada Line Waterfront station. The one you want is the elevator right on the platform, which puts you at the corner of W.Hastings and Granville. Don't follow the crowd down the tunnel (opposite end of platform) which will take you into the Waterfront station complex.

This is the exit you want off the platform: https://picasaweb.google.com/vancouvercruise/CanadaLineYVRToCanadaPlaceWaterfrontStation#5371855348978723922

Would I take this exit to get to the Pan Pacific as well?

Yes. Canada Place includes both the cruise ship terminal on a lower level and the Pan Pacific on the upper floors.

BUT if it's raining and nasty you can go from the End of Canada Line to the hotel underground... Go the other way (following the crowd) and ask for directions ... it's a bit of a trek but indoors.

BUT if it's raining and nasty you can go from the End of Canada Line to the hotel underground... Go the other way (following the crowd) and ask for directions ... it's a bit of a trek but indoors.

If you want to avoid the rain;

• follow the tunnel into Waterfront Station,
  • up to main level , head toward "Skytrain Expo/Millenium Line"
  • down to platform level, walk the length of platform, back up, turn right and up the escalators.

That will reduce your walk to 1/2 block outdoors

If you want to avoid the rain;

• down to platform level, walk the length of platform, back up, turn right and up the escalators.

That will reduce your walk to 1/2 block outdoors

and you can actually go all the way indoors if you take the tunnel to the food court (before you take the escalator to the street) and then cross under the street and pop up in the Pan Pacific itself.

YOu need to ask for directions or maybe we could get someone to paint a bright coloured line on the floor with arrows..

You might want to ask if the escalators are working in the up direction also.

and you can actually go all the way indoors if you take the tunnel to the food court (before you take the escalator to the street) and then cross under the street and pop up in the Pan Pacific itself.

YOu need to ask for directions or maybe we could get someone to paint a bright coloured line on the floor with arrows..

You might want to ask if the escalators are working in the up direction also.

This is great information, but I want to clarify as I will be traveling alone and going to the Pan Pacific.

Following the directions that scottbee gave: do you

• down to platform level, walk the length of platform, back up, turn right and
  • instead of going up the escalator, continue in the tunnel to the food court?

This is great information, but I want to clarify as I will be traveling alone and going to the Pan Pacific.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific. It's been a while since I did it. (Usually we just walk the outside route) There are several sets of escalators in the route you take from the Millenium/Skytrain platform. If you make it to the last set that takes you outside you have gone too far :) the tunnel goes off to the left somewhere before that.

But as Scott said it's a short walk to the Hotel from the top of those anyways.

That is why I suggest asking for directions when u get there. I believe there is a kiosk in the street level of the Canada Line Station that you can inquire at.

or I bet Scott can add something here. He has pictures of most of these platforms and routes. These directions are for a real problem with weather.

Looking for answers, please. I have been corresponding with someone at the Sheraton Wall City Centre. There doesn't seem to be shuttle service from the airport to the hotel (hotel or other). It seems everyone either takes the sky train or a taxi. Does anyone know if there are shuttles from the airport to hotels? I would like a website to make a reservation.

The hotel is at 1088 Burrard Street. I was told it is a few (6 blocks) from the station. There's got to be a more efficient way of doing this?

Thank you for your help. Renee

Unless it's pouring with rain, do it along the street, it's a shorter walk. That was merely my cute method for avoiding rain; this is the shortest (and downhill)

• "Exit to Granville Street" from the platform
  • Head 1 block NW on W.Hastings, and 2 blocks NE on Howe, and you're at Canada Place

Unless it's pouring with rain, do it along the street, it's a shorter walk. That was merely my cute method for avoiding rain; this is the shortest (and downhill)

• "Exit to Granville Street" from the platform
  • Head 1 block NW on W.Hastings, and 2 blocks NE on Howe, and you're at Canada Place

Thanks! I will definitely take the outside route unless it's pouring, which it better not be! Good to have the back up plan though.

Archived