my tine dining/speciality restuarants

140toesandfingers

On many ships, the shows are scheduled to start after most people are finished second seating. Since you are eating before second seating, you should make those shows. Other times the show for second seating is before dinner, or about 7pm. These would conflict with your dining time.

I was never on the Adventure of the Seas. However, I was on the Explorer of the Seas a year ago, and I don't know if the shows are performed at the same times on both ships. On Explorer, the shows were either at 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM, or at 8:30 PM and 10:30 PM. You didn't know until you read the newsletter for the following day what times the shows would be on a given day.

It was very annoying when we took a Royal shore excursion that returned to the ship several hours after the Explorer had been scheduled to depart. The tour guide told us that it didn't matter how late we were, because the ship had to wait for us. So we got back after 7:00 PM, and wouldn't you know it, the two shows that night were at 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM, and we missed our dinner reservation, which had been made with the idea that we would get back to the ship on time, and we had to eat at the buffet in order to see the 8:30 PM show.

Archived