USA Today phto tour of Nieuw Amsterdam

SakeDad

She's a gorgeous ship and I can't wait to see her in person this March/April. Like Eurodam, I've been connected to her since birth and it will be a pleasure to explore the NEW sister as well!

There is one error in the description of the Veranda balconies where it says they vary from 22 to 54 sq ft. A 22 sq ft balcony would only be 2.4 ft deep! :eek: The minimum is actually 40.5 sq ft for the VE and deck 5 VF balconies.

Just spent two weeks on the NA and found her to be a beautiful ship. Personally, I love the muted decor (except for the blue/red/whatever carpets in the cabin hallways) and the art work is really interesting. I especially loved the the black and white photograps of the old ships in the hallways. People have previously complained on these boards about the red decor of the MDR, but I didn't find it that bright. It looked beautiful on formal nights with the chairs covered in white and all the beautiful pointsettias in the room. The Christmas decorations were lovely but not tacky and the fresh flower arrangements were gorgeous. During the first week of the cruise, there was also a beautiful Menorah to celebrate Hannukah. What made the ship really special, however, was the crew. The service by the waiters, room stewards, and Lido staff was outstanding. I wish I was spending Christmas on the ship.

Archived