CD change on the Destiny

swimmom32

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know there was apparently a change to the CD schedule from when I saw it a few weeks ago for the ship we were on..It was supposed to be Brent Loyer and well It wound up being Brent Mitchell....He was just "ok" in our opinion I think he could have done more on the Lido Deck with the crowd and I also think he could have been seen a bit more and planned some more "fun" events but we had a great time and did attend the shows and thought they were really good but I had forgot to mention it in my Review..

Happy Sailings

Aren't Brent Mitchell and Brent Loyer the same person? Anyone know for sure?

Good Question Not sure as we have never cruised with carnival except for a cruise to nowhere 9 years ago..lol..but when I looked at the list on John's Blog's it was listed as Brent Loyer....either way he was just Ok..

Brent Mitchell and Brent Loyer are the same person. Not sure why he uses two differnt names. I think John Heald may have explained on his blog once. Using any name I thought he was a terrible CD.

You haven't had Malcolm Burn yet have you? Brent Mitchell/Loyer is WONDERFUL by comparison! Malcolm Burn and his whole staff is the absolute PITS!

"SKY"+

You haven't had Malcolm Burn yet have you? Brent Mitchell/Loyer is WONDERFUL by comparison! Malcolm Burn and his whole staff is the absolute PITS!

"SKY"+

I thought the same thing until I sailed with Trevor on the Fascination. Even worse. Bored and uninterested staff, very few activities (first time I've EVER felt at a loss for things to do onboard,) tons of errors in the Fun Times, staff not showing up for scheduled activities, more interested in socializing with the hosts than being CD, etc. etc.. He actually made Malcolm look ok.

Brent Mitchell and Brent Loyer are the same person. Not sure why he uses two differnt names. I think John Heald may have explained on his blog once. Using any name I thought he was a terrible CD.

We sailed with him last year and thought he was an excellent CD. Very personable and active.

"SKY"+

We sail with Malcolm next month and hope we have a better experience than you did.

I hope you do too. Maybe he and his staff were just having a BAD week. I know they had fired the karaoke host the week before, and his staff was filling in on that, and some clown named Levi made it very clear he didn't like doing karaoke, and so he ruined that for those who enjoy that activity, but there were so many other things, like errors in the FunTimes, activities where no body from the CD staff showed up to run trivia, the fact that Malcolm himself looked down his nose at all the passengers, (except the young women) and so many, many other things.

Maybe he'll be lots better on your cruise. I contacted Miami about my concerns, and they replied that they would absolutely look into the situation. With luck, they've straightened Mr. Burn and his boys out! ;)

"SKY"

I hope you do too. Maybe he and his staff were just having a BAD week. I know they had fired the karaoke host the week before, and his staff was filling in on that, and some clown named Levi made it very clear he didn't like doing karaoke, and so he ruined that for those who enjoy that activity, but there were so many other things, like errors in the FunTimes, activities where no body from the CD staff showed up to run trivia, the fact that Malcolm himself looked down his nose at all the passengers, (except the young women) and so many, many other things.

Maybe he'll be lots better on your cruise. I contacted Miami about my concerns, and they replied that they would absolutely look into the situation. With luck, they've straightened Mr. Burn and his boys out! ;)

"SKY"

Is Levi a black fellow from New Zealand? I believe I remember him from a previous cruise and was very hard to understand.

Archived