How Holland American decides who gets upgraded

BudinFla

Silly us.....

Can you imagine how we could have always, every cruise, booked and paid for our cabin by specific number. All those cruises we could have 'maybe' been upgraded for free to that cabin we have paid for. :(

Maybe one of these days we'll learn and book something lower and hope the upgrade fairy visits us. :D

I wonder how many of us book and pay for all these categories vs how many book guarantees.

Seriously, I think the percentages would be interesting to know.

Seriously, I do, too.

Maybe Lisa could give a rough idea about what she sees.

Guarentees are great for the pax who don't put a lot of emphasis on paying for specific cabin choice. Love the assignments we get!

Guarantees don't work for those of us who really care where our cabin is and don't want anyone but us selecting it. We probably would not book any cruise that did not allow us to book anything but a guarantee. Our cabin is too important to us.

I know that is not the case for many here and that is fine. :)

Most of our recent cabins have been gty's and we have always rec'd a much better balcony cabin than we anticipated. So are the next two-both assigned and both better. In one case, much better with a very large verandah.

We have only been disappointed once with a gty and that was on Carnival. Our TA had us placed back in the gty pool and we ended up with a much better cabin. We just had to ask.

Archived