Chocolate Buffet Breakfast on Oasis?

Happy New Year!

Found this quote on another msg. board and this was the first I'd heard of it:

"Another fun food activity that has been started on Oasis and is soon to be rolled out to all four ships is the Chocolate Buffet Breakfast. The first one was just held on Oasis of the Seas and over 2000 people showed up. On the menu one can begin with either hot chocolate or a chocolate milkshake, or both. You move on the chocolate pastries such as eclairs, chocolate croissants and of course, donuts. For the main entree you can choose from the carmelized banana waffles or pancakes with a chocolate syrup, among other options."

Any idea if this is true?

That's a lot of chocolate for breakfast!

Thanks for any replies...

Liz in Kingwood

Oasis, June 11th!!!

Hi, we were just on the Oasis in October and I have not ever heard of anything like that while we were onboard.

You missed it then. All the ships have it in the MDR for breakfast one day near the end of the cruise.

Even the 3/4 nighters have it.

I like the chocolate milkshakes.

Mrs E really, really, really likes the chocolate croissants.:):):)

We attended this event on Liberty last summer and enjoyed it. Breakfast can seem repetitive, and this was a fun different breakfast. I think it was our last full sea day, but I could be wrong. If it's not advertised, just ask your waiter at dinner -- he or she will know.

We had fun at the chocolate breakfast on Oasis! Of course my kids loved it!! The chocolate pancakes and waffles really only have hershey's syrup poured on them...but they are still good. The best part was the pastry tray with chocolate muffins, chocolate croissants and chocolate banana nut bread!!! Our server did not automatically bring out the chocolate pastry tray.....he did offer us a pastry from the regular tray that they offer each morning...so make sure to ask for the chocolate tray for your table!!! I was so tempted to get a chocolate milkshake! I also took the remaining chocolate pastries back to our room!!

This is not a buffet but the chocolate items are served along with the usual items in the dining room breakfast. We have seen it on every cruise in the past year during dining room breakfast on the last sea day including 3 night, 4 night and 7 night sailings.

Enjoy

M

Oh Yea!!!

So this is true then. Hot dog, something else to look forward to...

Thanks for the link JandBR!

I don't need all of it, I'm just partial to chocolate croissants and the hot chocolate sounds good, especially if it isn't instant h.c. in hot water.

Any chance we could order this through room service?

This is a reason to head to the MDR for breakfast!

tesi, I think you need to resail!

On our first cruise in 2004, on RCCL's Rhapsody of the Sea,they had a midnight chocolate buffet that I am not capable of describing with words. It was absolutely amazing! Does anybody know if RCCL still does the midnight chocolate buffet?

Yes, it´s in the MDR one morning (usually sea day). But it´s not a buffet. Only the items you´ve listed. Actually I was a little disappointed as I´ve expected a bit more. The waffles and pancakes were just regular ones with chocolate syrup spread over them. I didn´t really think it was worth going (and my DD agreed).

steamboats

When I was onboard the Oasis in July they do not list the chocolate breakfast in the compass so be sure to ask for it as I was disappointed I missed it. I had seen it mentioned here but forgot all about it once onboard so didn't ask. If I'm not mistaken it was served the last full day at sea.

I am a chocolate freak and love just about everything chocolate (although I have yet to try the chocolate covered bacon from the State fair). But,

breakfast is just a little too early for me to start diving into a chocolate frenzy. I wish they would do something similar later in the day that included chocolate brownies and chocolate moose instead of pancakes and waffles.

• 3 weeks later...

The chocolate buffet I am refering to was held at midnight and was so elaborate they let the line circulate through the first time just to take pictures. You could not partake of the goodies until the second trip through the line. I could not believe they could come up with so many ways to prepare or serve chocolate much less decorate with it. Anybody remember that?

The chocolate buffet I am refering to was held at midnight and was so elaborate they let the line circulate through the first time just to take pictures. You could not partake of the goodies until the second trip through the line. I could not believe they could come up with so many ways to prepare or serve chocolate much less decorate with it. Anybody remember that?

Sure we recall "those days"...the chocolate buffets..the midnight buffets...all gone.:(

I think they have alot of nerve slopping some chocolate syrup on pancakes and waffles and calling it "chocolate breakfast"...:p Though chocolate croissants are heavenly. You can get those every morning on Holland.:) We did have croissants on Freedom last week..they were ok..

I remember several chocolate midnight buffets - I haven't seen them on my past few RCCL cruises and do not think they are offered any longer.

I had the chocolate milkshake on the Navigator last month and it was lukewarm milk with Hershey's syrup in it.

I tried several things but the only thing I really liked was the chocolate parfait with about 2 large "bing" cherries in the bottom. And, I'm not a bit picky about my food.

I can make french toast with syrup poured over it and I already put some chocolate chips in the pancakes when grandkids come over so I couldn't see what the fanfare was all about.

Guess to each his own, right?

Archived