All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

Just an idea for u if you are trying to save money while in port canaveral and want to see Kennedy space center. I requested passes for the space center thru my congressman it took about two weeks after I requested them to hear back but we got our request for 4 tickets granted in January. Then I found a company that will pick us from port and drop us back off, the cheapest I was quoted was $161 plus gratuity round trip and that was for a 8 people. Hope this helps someone. My mom hasn't gotten confirmation yet so hopefully she will in the next couple of days I would much rather pay $25 per person to go then whatever carnival charges.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Who is your congressman?

It has been mentioned by others that if you contact your congressman and tell him you are visiting the Kennedy space center he can get you free tickets. Many posters have posted that they did receive free tickets from their congressman. Give yours a try.

Mine is Scott perry 4th district here in pa. You can find yours at www.house.gov. If it isn't listed on their tours then email them about it, it wasn't listed as one of the tours offered but I contacted him and he was able to help me out.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks, mine replied that the service is no longer and I mentioned that was not the case. They asked for which district is still able to get these tickets so they can see what they are doing wrong.

My DH and I will be on the pride in October, we will be coming up two days early to enjoy sights in Baltimore. would love to hear from anyone that has stayed at the Best Western on O'Donnell St. Good or bad. Should we book some where else?? And to anyone who has stayed in room 4228, where was your muster station, inside or out? would like to have jacket if outside, it might be cold in October.

Edited by chunkymonkey2

Thanks, mine replied that the service is no longer and I mentioned that was not the case. They asked for which district is still able to get these tickets so they can see what they are doing wrong.

I just shot an email to mine. Felt strange to ask for a handout :eek: But what the heck, worse he can do is say no.

My DH and I will be on the pride in October, we will be coming up two days early to enjoy sights in Baltimore. would love to hear from anyone that has stayed at the Best Western on O'Donnell St. Good or bad. Should we book some where else?? And to anyone who has stayed in room 4228, where was your muster station, inside or out? would like to have jacket if outside, it might be cold in October.

All muster stations on Pride are outside. Baltimore in October is a crap shoot...might be sweater cool, or shorts hot. Be ready for either.

As for the Best Western on O'Donnel street, it's in a semi-industrial area, surrounded by cemeteries. Not anywhere near the Inner Harbor. But I can't comment on the actual quality of the hotel (which is what I think you asked about), just the surroundings.

Oh, and another question. How can we get to Cape Canaveral? Is there a shuttle, or cabs? If so, how much? We don't want to pay all the extra for the ship excursion, I can get the tour tickets online for way less.......

When you step off the ship in Port Canaveral there are lots of shuttles lined up going to different places. They will be standing outside of their shuttles giving prices. We took the shuttle for $10pp all day rides. The shuttle stops at 3 places and continues on that loop all day. The stops are RonJon's (cocoa beach), the mall, and Walmart. You can get on and off all day long. It runs every 15 to 20 min.

Are there shuttles that run to the Space Center?

Leaving soon for the Pride. We have never dined at any specialty restaurant but have decided to dine at David's this time. I looked at the menu and saw two appetizers I would like to try. Are we permitted to have more than one appetizer, etc.?? Also I have read that if you dine at David's the first night, they give you a bottle of wine. Please confirm.

Thanks for your help..........

Leaving soon for the Pride. We have never dined at any specialty restaurant but have decided to dine at David's this time. I looked at the menu and saw two appetizers I would like to try. Are we permitted to have more than one appetizer, etc.?? Also I have read that if you dine at David's the first night, they give you a bottle of wine. Please confirm.

Thanks for your help..........

you can only order one of each course, typically. i've read some instances of people getting more than one as a substitution but i suppose ymmv. i've also read of people paying extra for an additional entree, but never tried either.

the first night free bottle of wine is reported to still be in force.

you can only order one of each course, typically. i've read some instances of people getting more than one as a substitution but i suppose ymmv. i've also read of people paying extra for an additional entree, but never tried either.

the first night free bottle of wine is reported to still be in force.

I appreciate your prompt reply Mark. We are looking forward to giving David's a try.

Do you know if the Pride offers escargot in the main dining room?

Thank you.........Laura

I appreciate your prompt reply Mark. We are looking forward to giving David's a try.

Do you know if the Pride offers escargot in the main dining room?

Thank you.........Laura

sure enough, they do!

here's the proof! (from a few years ago but on the pride, and i know it's still on the menu):

IMG_5304.jpg

should be on the 2nd elegant night iirc. :)

sure enough, they do!

here's the proof! (from a few years ago but on the pride, and i know it's still on the menu):

IMG_5304.jpg

should be on the 2nd elegant night iirc. :)

Yummy...........thanks again for your prompt answer and delicious looking picture......have a great night.......Laura

1)In the MDR, are you allowed to request more than one item of any course?

2)When there are port days, are you allowed to bring on beverages (I mean a case of water, soda, etc)

3)I have heard that the room service coffee is not very good--often cool-- and that the coffee on the Lido deck is mediocre? Anyone know?--I am addicted to caffeine and drink my coffee black so would not want the specialty coffees that require purchasing.

4) Silly questions--we are traveling end of Dec. Will we need to bring our coats with us to be comfortable when on the deck before we get to the Bahamas?

Thanks.

2)When there are port days, are you allowed to bring on beverages (I mean a case of water, soda, etc)

3)I have heard that the room service coffee is not very good--often cool-- and that the coffee on the Lido deck is mediocre? Anyone know?--I am addicted to caffeine and drink my coffee black so would not want the specialty coffees that require purchasing.

4) Silly questions--we are traveling end of Dec. Will we need to bring our coats with us to be comfortable when on the deck before we get to the Bahamas?

Thanks.

Yes, you will need to have coats on the first and last sea days. It's pretty cold on those days.. or at least it was the couple of times I have cruised out of Baltimore in the winter months. A lot of people, including myself, have their robes on out on the lido in the mornings and late at night outside :eek:. Especially if you out in the hot tubs. (The Carnival white robes.. they are very comfy out in the cold weather)

Edited by rrraydon

Thanks.

1) YES! order whatever you want in the mdr. but do your waiter a favor, and if you want more than one of something, order them up front so they dont have to keep running back to the kitchen.

for instance, the shrimp cocktail only has 4 shrimp. that's pretty lame, so i always order 2, or 3:

IMG_5362.jpg

2) yes. ymmv but typically there is never any trouble taking on more soda, water, etc. sometimes, there is no trouble bringing on other stuff either.

3) that will vary. typically they deliver it in insulated caraffes so it's a question of how quickly they bring your order. i've never had a problem with the temperature of coffee, but this will depend.

4) i can't comment as i've never sailed that late out of baltimore. they'll have the roof over the pool closed, and if i were on a late year cruise i'd just plan to not go 'outside' that much lol. so heed what others tell ya here, or avoid those areas where you'd need a coat ;)

Thanks.

In answer to No. 3, I thought the room service coffee was better than the Lido Deck coffee. I never had a problem with the temp of the coffee from RS.

Thanks.

I can't speak specifically to the Pride, but I just got of the Glory, and while far from gourmet, the room service coffee was fine and perfectly hot. Actually, mine was hotter than in the MDR. I did not try the Lido coffee. I drink mine with cream (or milk in a pinch) and did have a few lattes at the coffee bar. They were no more expensive than Starbucks and pretty good.

I can't speak specifically to the Pride, but I just got of the Glory, and while far from gourmet, the room service coffee was fine and perfectly hot. Actually, mine was hotter than in the MDR. I did not try the Lido coffee. I drink mine with cream (or milk in a pinch) and did have a few lattes at the coffee bar. They were no more expensive than Starbucks and pretty good.

i agree about the coffee

Edited by itsrikkig

Thanks.

answer to #4

yes you will need a coat if you go outside until you get to the bahamas.