Radiance Jan 8 cruise delayed

luckey1

At the port now awaiting boarding for the Jan 13 cruise. We r delayed boarding and will be allowed to board at 1:30 / 2pm. They said 17 cases were reported on the Jan 8th cruise. They r currently doing the enhanced cleaning now.

Thanks for the report! I hate that anyone is getting sick but 17 is a far cry better than the 150 originally reported!

Hopefully you will be on board soon enjoying a DOD :)

Smooth sailing! That could be any kind of bug. Look at the people who are sick currently at our jobs. 17 cases I can deal with anytime I guess.

Thank you again for all your updates. I sail on Monday so I'll be looking to see if there are any delays getting to board. I don't plan to get there until noon or a little later to beat the traffic over from Daytona Beach.

At the Captains Q&A yesterday he mentioned 17 or 18 people sick but had no way to know why they were sick. I betcha you have that many on any cruise if the truth be known, Yesterday could have easily been sea sick as the seas were very rough.

We were given $50 each in OBC for the inconvience which took care of tips.

The crew served everyone. We could not pick up anything on the serving lines in Windjammer which slowed things down but everyone seemed to understand.

Smooth sailing! That could be any kind of bug. Look at the people who are sick currently at our jobs. 17 cases I can deal with anytime I guess.

Thank you again for all your updates. I sail on Monday so I'll be looking to see if there are any delays getting to board. I don't plan to get there until noon or a little later to beat the traffic over from Daytona Beach.

Sailing on Monday too. Very hopeful that the cruise that left/is leaving shortly will have zero reports.

The Royal Caribbean site didn't say anything about delays today; still has the notice from Saturday posted!

Like all of you, I think I can manage not holding a menu and being served all my food.

Hey, doesn't alcohol kill a lot of germs? Bottoms up!

One thing that continues to bug me is why the security guy has to personally take everyone's sail'n sign card to insert it into the reader. So he is touching everyone's card and transferring germs from card to card. Great...he's wearing a glove as he spreads germs around.:confused:

I always ignore them and insert the card myself before they can grab for it.

One thing that continues to bug me is why the security guy has to personally take everyone's sail'n sign card to insert it into the reader. So he is touching everyone's card and transferring germs from card to card. Great...he's wearing a glove as he spreads germs around.:confused:

I always ignore them and insert the card myself before they can grab for it.

This is an excellent point. This should be mentioned to RCI. It really is germy.

Gina

Hi Guys,

My wife and I were on the Jan 8 sailing of the Radiance. This was our first cruise. She purchased it for me for my 50th Birthday last Summer.

I will put all of my review and thoughts into a post in the review thread. I don't think this is the place for our entire review/evaluation.

Neither of us got sick on this cruise but folks were sick. The capt. announced it. He mentioned that about 20 or so were sick while onboard. I cant recall the exact number he provided but I will ask my wife.

To both of us, the cruise was not a pleasant experience. With this being our first cruise, we had very high expections as we had heard that RCI was "The" cruiseline to cruise with.

I will link that post here after I have completed it.

Leatherman55

Anyone know how early I can board radiance on Mon Jan 17th>I always board around 11:30 on all my cruises,but I notice my sail pass paper says 2pm.That seems way late, especially if the Noro is cleared up.Do they give priority boarding for D+ and in a grand suite?I hope 2pm is a misprint.We are being dropped off at 11:30 am.

Anyone know how early I can board radiance on Mon Jan 17th>I always board around 11:30 on all my cruises,but I notice my sail pass paper says 2pm.That seems way late, especially if the Noro is cleared up.Do they give priority boarding for D+ and in a grand suite?I hope 2pm is a misprint.We are being dropped off at 11:30 am.

It always says 2pm. But it's likely they will already be boarding by the time you get there. Yes, there is a C&A priority line and a suite line in Tampa. You will have your option off all 3 lines so choose whichever is shorter.

The windjammer opens at noon as usual. Rooms open at around 1pm.

Gina

PS - see you in the best concierge lounge in the fleet. :) You'll recognize us by my avatar. It's up to date.

Hi Guys,

My wife and I were on the Jan 8 sailing of the Radiance. This was our first cruise. She purchased it for me for my 50th Birthday last Summer.

I will put all of my review and thoughts into a post in the review thread. I don't think this is the place for our entire review/evaluation.

Neither of us got sick on this cruise but folks were sick. The capt. announced it. He mentioned that about 20 or so were sick while onboard. I cant recall the exact number he provided but I will ask my wife.

To both of us, the cruise was not a pleasant experience. With this being our first cruise, we had very high expections as we had heard that RCI was "The" cruiseline to cruise with.

I will link that post here after I have completed it.

Leatherman55

We we on the Radiance about 8 weeks ago and found the experience typically "top shelf" and on par if not better with many other cruises and cruise lines we've been on, including the Oasis the cruise before. It will be interesting to read what your expectations for your first cruise were and why you were disappointed.

I hope the choice of ports and their associated experiences does not taint your RCI experience.

I am taking my first ever cruise on Radiance of the Seas on 2/5/11. I hope I don't get sick! I plan on bringing some clorox wipes to wipe down stuff in my stateroom and some hand sanitizer.

One a side note: How do I start a topic/post on here?

Archived