Radiance Jan 8 cruise delayed

luckey1

Novo is no fun we contracted in 06 on day 2 for DH & day 3 for me on a 14 day TA. The good thing was all those days at sea when we reached europe we were feeling fine. We were all lined up in medical with ports in our arms for instant IV's should we have needed more liquid during week 1. I now never travel without instant gatorade, immodium, disinfectent spray & wipes.

Is Noro basically the stomach flu? I'll be on radiance in 3 weeks. At least knowing this I will take extra precaution, plus I work with the public and wash my hands about 30 times a day. Haven't had a cold in 4 years, I believe it's the hand washing.

Anyone know if Radiance left port?

I can verify that she is definitely still at port...I can see her out my window at Terminal 3.

The odd thing is that I still don't see anyone milling about the decks yet (at 7:45pm)...so either boarding is continuing to get pushed back, or everyone is just going straight to dinner.

I drink this tea everyday and I haven't had a cold in over 8 years. I used to get 2 to 3 colds every year before I started drinking the tea.

I bring it on every cruise. I will DEFINITELY be bringing extra. If people are getting sick, I want to be able to drink it a couple times a day.

If we booked the Radiance Jan. 13th on another ship, will they notify us not to board at regular time or do I just need to check the morning of the 13th?

Sorry to go off the topic on the OP, but there is no PM available. Is this the tea that you're referring to and where do you buy it (I'm in Canada). I guess it's a tea bag?

http://www.essiacinc.com/Essiactea.htm

Thanks!

Novo is no fun we contracted in 06 on day 2 for DH & day 3 for me on a 14 day TA. The good thing was all those days at sea when we reached europe we were feeling fine. We were all lined up in medical with ports in our arms for instant IV's should we have needed more liquid during week 1. I now never travel without instant gatorade, immodium, disinfectent spray & wipes.

The gatorade packets (for electrolytes) is a good idea. I never thought of that. We have the other things in our bag. Thanks. :)

You buy it (like a powder) and you make it. I know that somewhere they sell the pills. The process of making it is a real pain in the ***. If you go online and get how to make it, make sure of three things: 1. use a cup of essiac to 1 gallon of water. 2. Use only distilled water. 3. only use stainless steel pots (no teflon).

Funny you are from Canada. Rene Caisse found it from Ojibwa Indians. It is a fascinating story. The Canadian government played a huge role in not letting the public now about the tea.

as a crewmember the hand sanitizer doesn't help 100% for noro.. always wash your hands! we use it to help..

last ship i was had noro and all crewmembers were helping the cleaning with heavy products taking time turns starting in crew areas at 4am(the same spot was cleaned few times before the next embarkation) so we were clean in the end of the day...

about eating in the buffet, if you have good hygiene no need to worry that much... I never got noro but really bad colds / flu - which we also get from air

And I've seen guests going out of the bathroom without washing their hands..

my advice: wash your hands as often as possible that's what we do:)

There was so much waiting for camera control, I quit watching her. RD is gone now. I wonder what time she left?

Gina

She left shortly after 10pm...pretty amazing considering they supposedly didn't start letting folks start boarding the ship until 6pm!

My doctor was recently on a cruise and said he took phenergan for he and his wife in case they got sea sick. I suggested to HIM that maybe it was overkill and they should just go get meclizine for free at guest relations. :p

I guess it's easy for doctors to bring their own prescription drugs. :rolleyes:

Maybe we can pick some up for ourselves in Mexico. :eek: Or maybe you need your own syringe.

Gina

Being a medical professional, I would like to say, even physicians have to have a prescription to get medication. You work with other physicians who can write one, yes, but you still have to have one. Also, they do have this drug which is taken orally. ;)

Being a medical professional, I would like to say, even physicians have to have a prescription to get medication. You work with other physicians who can write one, yes, but you still have to have one. Also, they do have this drug which is taken orally. ;)

I just didn't think it would be very easy to take this way if everything keeps coming up.

Maybe he just writes the prescription for his wife and she shares. :p I didn't ask those details. I always felt the free meclizine works great if taken at the first hint of rough seas. I found it funny that a doctor would bring something stronger, just because he can.

I never thought to bring anything for gastrointestinal illness. I don't even keep that kind of stuff at home.

Gina

I just didn't think it would be very easy to take this way if everything keeps coming up.

Maybe he just writes the prescription for his wife and she shares. :p I didn't ask those details. I always felt the free meclizine works great if taken at the first hint of rough seas. I found it funny that a doctor would bring something stronger, just because he can.

I never thought to bring anything for gastrointestinal illness. I don't even keep that kind of stuff at home.

Gina

Physicians cannot write prescriptions for family members in the US. A professional can be disiplined up to losing their license for sharing medication. Not worth chancing that! :eek: The drug for GI is injectible or a pill to be taken orally. The pill is given many times after surgery, for GI upsets. I usually carry medications for potential issues as on this ship.

Physicians cannot write prescriptions for family members in the US. A professional can be disiplined up to losing their license for sharing medication. Not worth chancing that! :eek: The drug for GI is injectible or a pill to be taken orally. The pill is given many times after surgery, for GI upsets. I usually carry medications for potential issues as on this ship.

I didn't know that. I figured they just couldn't self-prescribe.

It still seems to me that the easiest way to go would be a phenergan suppository, but I suppose that would only work if everything is going UP. :eek:

Gina

No one wants to get sick but when you are that sick away from home it must be miserable! I am concerned now as we are to sail on the Radiance on 1/17 from Tampa. I suppose this can happen on any cruise and although I've only been on a few, the only sickness I've experienced is the hangover I give myself!

I will bring some pepto and immodium just in case I guess. It would be a huge drag to get something like that after spending all the money to go and not be able to enjoy it.

How were the seas on the last trips? I've been lucky that 2 out of 3 January cruises from Tampa to Mexico were good weather and sea wise. I'm hoping it will be this way for our 1/17 to 1/22 cruise.

Thanks. This is my first post to cruise critic.

Physicians cannot write prescriptions for family members in the US. .

actually it is not ethical, but it is not illegal to write a prescription for your spouse or children.

I am not a physician but I am a medical professional (Pharmacist)

I can only speak about the 3 states I hold licensure in. It might be illegal where DaNana is

Hopefully,the cruise that left last night will be free of Noro.I would imagine the santitation process will continue full force,as I heard it takes several cleanings to eliminate the virus. Best of luck and smooth sailing to everyone onboard now,keep us informed if you hear any reports.I am sailing on Radiance Jan 17,celebrating my 60th B-day with my 2 sisters.I was upgraded to a Grand Suite.:)

Wow :( This even made the local news in Atlanta (WSB) some 500 + miles away from Tampa. I dont ever recall hearing about cruise ship sickness on the local news up here.

They are saying "hundreds of passengers and crew members" got sick.

Hope they get it straightened out soon. Im trying not to let the worry wart in me kick in.

You buy it (like a powder) and you make it. I know that somewhere they sell the pills. The process of making it is a real pain in the ***. If you go online and get how to make it, make sure of three things: 1. use a cup of essiac to 1 gallon of water. 2. Use only distilled water. 3. only use stainless steel pots (no teflon).

Funny you are from Canada. Rene Caisse found it from Ojibwa Indians. It is a fascinating story. The Canadian government played a huge role in not letting the public now about the tea.

Thanks for the info, I think the pills sound easier, I'll be sure to look for them!

I was planning on booking the 2/17 Radiance sailing tomorrow....now I am not sure if we should. I would think the illness would be wiped clean by then, but who knows. Not sure if we should take the chance......

I was planning on booking the 2/17 Radiance sailing tomorrow....now I am not sure if we should. I would think the illness would be wiped clean by then, but who knows. Not sure if we should take the chance......

I hope you mean either 1/17 or 2/19, because I'm sailing Radiance on 2/19. Hopefully all will be back to normal by then.

Archived