Must Do's on the NCL Pearl W. Caribbean Sailing

2FLGuys

I can hardly contain my excitement about my upcoming NCL Pearl cruise... Does anyone have some Must-Do's? This will be my first NCL experience. I love food and drink, good times, new experiences, etc...

Our cruise is of the Western Caribbean. Anythings of honorable mention in Roatan or Costa Maya?

One must do is get up early and go to the great outdoors to deat breakfast the day you dock in roatan being up early eating out side at the great outdoors and pulling up to roatan is just beautiful!!!! wish i was going back!!

Jan

I agree, the Great Outdoors is just that...great, it's a wonderful place to enjoy breakfast. We toured with one of Victor Bodden's drivers and it was a perfect day.

We also loved Costa Maya, went to Nohoch Cay and enjoyed our day there.

The Pearl is a lovely ship and our cruise in November was one of our best ever. Enjoy

Don't feel you have to schedule, or even get off the boat. My husband and I lazed in the spa for a good portion of our Pearl cruise (with a couple's spa pass) and I have to say it was one of the best, most relaxing, memorable cruises we've gone on. It was nice to lay in the big lounger in the spa and watch the rainstorms come over the ship while looking at the gorgeous scenery.

Release the desire to SCHEDULE and it seems to take quite a load off. :)

I can hardly contain my excitement about my upcoming NCL Pearl cruise... Does anyone have some Must-Do's? This will be my first NCL experience. I love food and drink, good times, new experiences, etc...

Our cruise is of the Western Caribbean. Anythings of honorable mention in Roatan or Costa Maya?

cozumelbarhop.com is a must, please do this,i promise you will have a great time :D

Dave: Thanks but we will not be stopping in Cozumel. Sounds like fun though.

emsiam & Philly: Thank you for the advice. That sounds amazing. A must do for sure.

Shiva: Thanks for the advice I am not scheduling just looking for things that may be fun to do. As for the spa how is it? Worth the cost clearly? Can you tell me more about it?

When are you sailing? We are on the March 27th Pearl and have done that itinerary once before. We are all about sitting on the beach with a tropical drink. We are doing the ship's Tabayana Beach Break in Roatan. We did that last year and it is so beautiful and the staff is very attentive! I can't wait to get back. Just 11 weeks for us!

Piper: We are sailing on the 30th of this month!!! Less than 23 days now. We will be having plenty of drinks and pool/beach side lounging but always interested in different activities that others have enjoyed.

Visit some ruins in Belize. While there, partake mightily of Belikin beer.

Return with a bunch of Marie Sharp's hot sauce and Lissette's Special Sauce. Only available in Belize.

Don't drink ALL of the beer. I'll want some 2 weeks later.

Luddite: In Belize I believe we will be doing Cave Tubing but thanks for the heads up about the the Sauces. No guarantee's about the Belikin but I would guess that 2 weeks should give them enough time to replenish their stock.

ps: On a side note your signature caught my eye... I've also learned how to determine if a politician is lying, actually its pretty simple. Is their mouth moving? ;)

Luddite: In Belize I believe we will be doing Cave Tubing but thanks for the heads up about the the Sauces. No guarantee's about the Belikin but I would guess that 2 weeks should give them enough time to replenish their stock.

ps: On a side note your signature caught my eye... I've also learned how to determine if a politician is lying, actually its pretty simple. Is their mouth moving? ;)

Yessir. The lips move and sounds ushers forth.

Cave-tubing is a great time. I can tell you that I'd do it as a private excursion or wouldn't do it. A year ago we did it the second time. NCL excuersion went from the old inner-tube from a truck to these new tubes designed to drag behind ski-boats which are marketed towards kids too lazy to learn to water-ski.

The tubes are horrible. Painfull protrusions and they are ineffective for tubing. The hole is too small and the tube is too tall. It's like they don't want you to get wet. Then, the meal provided is at a new pavillion with the most godawful buffet line I ever dealt with. AND, they were serving up Belikin from a tap at 4$ per. Outrageous!

I would definitely recommend a private group for tubing. Friends from the ship did it in combination with a zipline tour, all as a private excursion. We were jealous when we saw them in jungle with their inner tubes.

Yessir. The lips move and sounds ushers forth.

Cave-tubing is a great time. I can tell you that I'd do it as a private excursion or wouldn't do it. A year ago we did it the second time. NCL excuersion went from the old inner-tube from a truck to these new tubes designed to drag behind ski-boats which are marketed towards kids too lazy to learn to water-ski.

The tubes are horrible. Painfull protrusions and they are ineffective for tubing. The hole is too small and the tube is too tall. It's like they don't want you to get wet. Then, the meal provided is at a new pavillion with the most godawful buffet line I ever dealt with. AND, they were serving up Belikin from a tap at 4$ per. Outrageous!

I would definitely recommend a private group for tubing. Friends from the ship did it in combination with a zipline tour, all as a private excursion. We were jealous when we saw them in jungle with their inner tubes.

Thanks for the advice. We were looking at doing it as a private tour. We don't do Excursions with the ship anymore we have found that they are 1 over priced and 2 not near as fun or adventurous as those we schedule/create on our own. I keep seeing this "Major Tom's Tubing Excursion" being mentioned around the boards I'll have to look into it.

While there, partake mightily of Belikin beer.

I second this motion. In fact, we went on an excursion that was a combination tour of the Belikin Brewery and the city. Now, the brewery tour was pretty standard. However, at the end you were taken to the bar (very nice) at the brewery and had an hour to consume as much Belikin product as you could handle.

Let's just say the tour got considerably better at this point.;)

Thanks for the advice. We were looking at doing it as a private tour. We don't do Excursions with the ship anymore we have found that they are 1 over priced and 2 not near as fun or adventurous as those we schedule/create on our own. I keep seeing this "Major Tom's Tubing Excursion" being mentioned around the boards I'll have to look into it.

I'm thinking a poke in the eye with a stick would be better than the ship-sponsored excursion there.

You'll be in line at Belize City. There is time to grab several Belikins before you get onto the bus,errr, motor coach. Gotta hurry though.

We are doing Lamanai Mayan Ruins in Belize...booking through the ship so we're not left behind and miss the boat. In Costa Maya we've booked Maya Chan--for a relaxing and drink filled beach day! Roatan is still undecided--I had my mind set on doing the BOB underwater adventures (underwater 'scooters') but they're moving out of Roatan so it won't be available. I can't decide what else to do...not sure that we want another beach only day, but do think we need to do the water somehow since its supposed to be so nice.

I have some dailies but I didn't see the "gay bowling"...sounds like fun! So, far there's only one other couple that's on our LGB....Roll Call on here....so it might be a small bowling party...maybe there'll be some others that join in.

Piper: We are sailing on the 30th of this month!!! Less than 23 days now. We will be having plenty of drinks and pool/beach side lounging but always interested in different activities that others have enjoyed.

Go the the SharkBait show if they are still on the Pearl. They are a combination juggling/comedy act.

Quite possibly the best show I've seen on any of my 11 cruises.

Roatan was the 1st stop on my first ever cruise and it was AWESOME!

they sure greet you in a fun way :cool:

I couldn't take my eyes off the beautiful clear blue water :)

the spa IS A MUST in my opinion. I would pick that over an excursion if I had to choose. Tropical shower, heated tile beds, sauna, steam room, whirlpools. Just heaven :cool:

The beach at Mahahual is an absolutely, unequivocal must do!

Just pass on through the "theatrical" tourist mall at the port of Costa Maya to the taxi stand in back. $3.00 per person will get to you the beach and malecon which was built after the total destruction of Hurricane Dean in 2007. There you will find a great beach with table service under palm trees, fresh caught seafood cooked to order, cheap cerveza and margaritas, one hour massages for $20, shops and even an art gallery.

NCLJewell04-04-10072.jpg

NCLJewell04-04-10073.jpg

NCLJewell04-04-10112.jpg

NCLJewell04-04-10172.jpg

NCLJewell04-04-10122.jpg

NCLJewell04-04-10087.jpg

Thanks for all the ideas and Please keep them coming.

Dr. Jack: I've read about the Sharkbait show I don't know if it is still on board but we will make plans to do it if so. As for the Brewery Tour, in my humble opinion all tours, excursions and cruises get considerably better with some drinks beforehand.

Cats: We only have 1 other group on our ship as well but that makes a total of 9 of us. Lets be honest though there will be more onboard. Keep your eyes open for the bowling though people seem to say its a hoot.

Luddite: Belikins from the Carny boat tender vendor... LOL.

Visit some ruins in Belize. While there, partake mightily of Belikin beer.

Return with a bunch of Marie Sharp's hot sauce and Lissette's Special Sauce. Only available in Belize.

Don't drink ALL of the beer. I'll want some 2 weeks later.

I used to load up on Marie Sharp's when I was in Caribbean ports...until I found the exact same bottles at Wal-Mart.

Archived