What item did you WISH you would have packed?

Guest Time2gocruzn

Just got back from cruise on PRincess - was glad I brought following:

Lanyards - had them left over from Disney/Epcot - they were very popular
Power STrip and Extension Cords - very handy
Brita portable Water Filter, and Emply Water Bottles, we filled up every day, and saved lots of money.

Guest Time2gocruzn
[quote name='Palomar']Do you know how much it is to order a coke at a bar? And do they charge you at dinner for a coke? I'm rethinking the card....the last time it was $39. TIA.[/QUOTE]

Hmm..Not sure but I want to say it was like $1.50 or $1.75. You do have to pay for a coke in the dining room. A guy will come around and ask if you want anything from the bar and if you get a coke he brings it and you have to sign for it. Unless you have a lot of time to walk to the bar and wait for your coke, I would not recommend this card, lol. We ate on lido alot and I would go get my food and then walk clear to the bar to get my coke and would always have to wait. By the time I got it and walked back to my place I was lucky if my food was still warm. Yes I could of got my coke first, but still...it was just a hassle all the way around.

[quote name='Palomar']Do you know how much it is to order a coke at a bar? And do they charge you at dinner for a coke? I'm rethinking the card....the last time it was $39. TIA.[/QUOTE]GET THE COKE CARD...THEY CHARGED MY HUBBY $1.50 AT THE BAR FOR A COKE....JUST TAKE SOME WITH YOU ON TH BOAT...NO BODY CARES:)

cell phone and Charger, to use when your docked or need to call a family member while still on ship.... Hair gel, shower slippers, deodorant, toothbrush/paste, comb/brush, extra pairs of socks, dollar bills for room service personnel, carpet fresh powder for that fresh springy scent, and most importantly, pack an Open Mind, realize that 100% of the people will NOT get 100% satisfaction on board, this is inevitable when your dealing with 100's of passengers at a time, so quit whinning already, LOL :D

On our last two cruises, we remembered to bring room deodorizer (actually, it was for the hotel room the night before the cruise, but we brought it onboard). I brought the kind that uses a battery and has a fan. It was very pleasant and a welcome scent when entering the room. The bonus is that when I use the same deodorizer now, it brings back the smell of our cruise.

[font=Times New Roman][i]Cruise Collection: Costa Flavia – 6/81; NCL Sunward II – 7/84, Holiday – 7/86; Celebration – 6/88, 7/92; Jubilee – 7/89; Fantasy – 7/90, 10/97, 11/00, 5/04; Ecstasy – 7/91, 1/94, 6/96, 10/98; NCL Sunward – 3/92; Carnivale – 10/92; Regent Rainbow – 3/93; Monarch of the Seas – 7/93; Tropicale – 7/95; Sensation – 6/99; Paradise – 5/00, 9/03; Imagination – 6/01; Carnival Victory – 3/02; Carnival Miracle – 11/04[/i] [/font]

[quote name='djklove']You know how it is when you go on vacation and after arriving you think "Oh cr*p! I wish I would have brought _______ !!!"

What is one item tht you forgot and wished you had...or one item you will not cruise without. Looking for things other than the obvious like signifigant other, underwear, sunscreen, LOL. More $$ is a given, I guess. You get the idea! (for kids or adults)

Just finished packing....I THINK....and want to avoid any "oh cr*p" moments.;)[/QUOTE]
I wish I had packed Lighter, and brought more money!! thats it! too many lists make a vaction not much like a vacation, more like a directive!!!!! lol

[quote name='erRN2be']
We are 24 days out from sailing for the first time and I have started organzing my stuff and man do I have the stuff!!!!! I just don't know if I need all this stuff. Oh what to do? such a tough decision.

Chelle[/QUOTE]
if your cruising with other's maybe get together and share some items. My sister and I are going w/ our dh's, we've decided we'll each take certain things. Like I'll take tylenol, she'll take the cold/sinus med, I'll take sunscreen, she'll take aloe vera, etc. Yea it won't save on much space but hey every little bit helps:)

• 3 weeks later...
what are the ziploc bags used for?

[quote name='tdms1324']The only thing that I slightly missed was a travel alarm clock. The wake up calls were only somewhat reliable. They worked everyday but one. Luckily it was no big deal and I woke up anyway. Ziplock bags, of assorted sizes, definitely came in handy.

Kristin[/QUOTE]

ziploc baggies - used for lots of different stuff

as far as the coke card goes - take a suitcase full of your own cokes(rolling suitcase - take as carry-on so no leaks) We recently took an entire small suitcase of Dr. Peppers (which are NOT served on board), canned beer, and bottled water. Nobody ever questioned it. I guarantee you I saw more people walking around with their own canned drinks than purchased ones!

Don't forget you drink snugglers/coozies to help keep things cool in the hot sun!

I wished I had a small purse to fit sungalsses, camera, and S&S and room cards in for raoming the boat!

Extra swimsuits and a couple of beach towels (used these to "pad" my suitcase full 'o drinks!)

Your most comfy shoes!

A travel pillow for laying in the sun.

Headphones, extra batteries, and your favorite cd's.

And, mostly of all, don't forget your sense of humor, and PATIENCE!

I know this may sound stupid, but to if you forget a travel alarm clock and happen to bring your cell phone, use the alarm on that instead. It ended up working just fine for me. The phone never worked (thank God, but the alarm on it was a blessing).

Hi
Just had to post here - just back last week from Fascination - loved it!

I FORGOT - my cell phone charger - granted I could not use the phone once we left port - however - I wanted to call and check on my kiddies - but the phone was DEAD - so when we returned to Miami - I had to use the pay phone - UGHGHGH! - Goodness - what a luxury to NOT have to touch those nasty things!
I also forgot my deodorant - :confused: - whaaatt? Yep I did - so I had to buy a travel version in Key West that was not what normally worked for me - but I got through it.;)

I packed but did not use my extension cord - the outlet was ver convenient at the "dresser" area - where I did my hair anyway. I thought it was very convenient. Maybe just me.

I took a fairly big sling/backpack as my "purse" to use in travel - but when we did dinner - I used a small purse that was black that matched ALL of my evening outfits. For out and about on the ship and our days at port - I used a fannypack that held camera, cards, money, etc. I know - 2 extra things to pack - but my DH did not have to worry about carrying anything except for room key - cause I HAD it all!!! Just our way of working it. Keep in mind we had no kiddies with us either:D - so we stuck together like PB & J!

Just my .02.........

Oh - yeah and ditto the packing patience and a sense of humor.......a MUST!

[quote name='phlydude']My phone doesn't show time unless it is in service range so that won't work for me!![/QUOTE]

What type of phone do you have. I work in the business and have never heard of a phone where the tools, games, clock, etc. did not work unless you were receiving a signal. Your phone is either defective or it's a dinosaur. Either way, it's probably time to upgrade.

[quote name='kujobie']What type of phone do you have. I work in the business and have never heard of a phone where the tools, games, clock, etc. did not work unless you were receiving a signal. Your phone is either defective or it's a dinosaur. Either way, it's probably time to upgrade.[/QUOTE]

I have a Samsung A500 and it is on the Sprint Network. Sprint has never allowed the phones that I have ever had in 8+ years with them to run on their own internal clocks. Everytime there is a DST change, the network sets the clocks. I can get games and tools to work but since the clock needs the network to sync itself, the alarm won't work. Just get the "Seaching for Service..." display.

Just curious, you say you're in the business, what company?
As for the "...defective or it's a dinosaur. Either way, it's probably time to upgrade." comment, sounds typical of someone hawking phones in the mall :p :D
When I upgrade my phone, it will be out of contract to avoid having to tack on another year onto my current plan.:rolleyes:

Actually that's not true - the alarm works on a cell phone, trust me, I used it. As long as the battery is charged, the phone keeps it's own time. You do not need a cell tower to tell you what time it is. I had no service the entire cruise, but the alarm went off every morning.

I think you just have to set your phone for airplane mode or whatever for the clock to work. It won't change time zones, but it will keep the time anyway..and your alarm should work also.

I noticed a lot of people said to bring a night light. We never bring along a night light, we just leave the bathroom light on and close the bathroom door to a slight crack.

I forgot to bring flip flops or slippers to walk around the room in and had to wear my boat shoes. Forgot to bring a long sleeve T-shirt as sometimes it gets chilly. Forgot our cell phone charger. Forgot to bring cold medicine.

Plastic grocery bags are great for dirty clothes. Ziploc bags are great for many reasons.

Archived