Sounds too good to be true

DH comes in with the mail. There is a post card "Complimentary 8 day cruise" Hmmm, sounds like a land deal.

So I call....."In celebration of our grand opening in your area, you have been selected to receive a complimentary 8 day, 7 night cruise for 2, outside cabin, leaving from any major port in the US, including NY. Plus, 2 r/t airfare leaving from or going to any major airport in the US

They want us to attend a 90 min. talk about travel (still sounds like a land deal LOL)

This is a Carnival cruise but I'm asking here because I never go to the Carnival boards.

Anyone get one of these post cards.

Bunch of hoooey????

We got one of those. Wanted us to attend a meeting on "vacation" shares. When I called the number for info, we had to pay all "applicable" fees for the cruise. Once I asked what those "applicable" fees were, they were more than I could have booked the same cruise for through the cruise line website. Plus, you had to pay some stupid amount of money to be in the club to bid on vacations. RIP OFF ALERT!

DH comes in with the mail. There is a post card "Complimentary 8 day cruise" Hmmm, sounds like a land deal.

So I call....."In celebration of our grand opening in your area, you have been selected to receive a complimentary 8 day, 7 night cruise for 2, outside cabin, leaving from any major port in the US, including NY. Plus, 2 r/t airfare leaving from or going to any major airport in the US

They want us to attend a 90 min. talk about travel (still sounds like a land deal LOL)

This is a Carnival cruise but I'm asking here because I never go to the Carnival boards.

Bunch of hoooey????

Why sell a condo for $100k, when they can sell it 52 times for $10k/week

• 2 years later...

hubby just got one of these letters today....actually back in 2002, we did sit thru a "travel club" presentation and received a sunday thru sunday cruise on the carnival pride....we paid a total of $444 taxes/fees for an ocean view cabin....the presentation maybe last 2 hours....we did not buy but still got the voucher for the cruise....the number on the voucher to call was carnivals main number....so if you have the patience to sit thru the presentation i say go for it....

We "bit" on one of these promotions a year or so ago. The first timeshare presentation was ok and we were treated nicely when we declined their offer. However, the second presentation we had to sit through was an entirely different matter. After saying "No" many, many times they still were persistent - lowering their timeshare price from $27,000 down to $4,000! Finally, after sitting there for five hours we were finally "released". The kicker is that you have to sit through their _____ presentation in order to get your "freebie". I sincerely doubt we will EVER do that again.

These timeshare salesmen invest half a day with each couple. Their business model depends on making a sale to the majority, so they find it better to "force" a sale then to start over with a new couple. Makes for a miserable day, and never worth it.

hubby just got one of these letters today....actually back in 2002, we did sit thru a "travel club" presentation and received a sunday thru sunday cruise on the carnival pride....we paid a total of $444 taxes/fees for an ocean view cabin....the presentation maybe last 2 hours....we did not buy but still got the voucher for the cruise....the number on the voucher to call was carnivals main number....so if you have the patience to sit thru the presentation i say go for it....

Interesting advice. I doubt that it will influence the OP, however, since she asked her question more than two and a half years ago.

:D

Bunch of hoooey????

I have gotten similar offers, and it is true most times. However it is a sales pitch, and trust me when I tell you these sales people are good. Then when you finally have had enough they turn on you and treat you like a piece of dirt a user, lower than the low. It's so not worth it.

Even if OP moved on four years ago, the thread might keep somebody from biting on one of these offers. Here in Fl we get them all the time.

They've mostly been vacation clubs lately. Joining for several thousand dollars will help you save on all of your travel in the future. I wonder how many people actually bite!

Archived