Dreamworks Character Breakfast

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't figure out where to make reservations so as soon as I got on the ship I called ...you will see the number in your compass...and I reserved all 3 character breakfasts. They might ask you which one you want....but if you want to do all of them, make that clear. Our 3 yrd old was in heaven!!

So you are able to attend all 3 character breakfasts? Was it always the same characters or different each time? How busy was it? We've been to Sesame Place and it was managable - enough characters for the amount of kids...We sail in October.

Thanks!

Last year we did 3 different character Breakfasts while at Disney World. I did not want to go as it did not interest me in the slightest, but my DD (17 at the time) asked if we could go, well if was WAY FUN! The character interaction was fantastic and was fun, with NO screaming kids. So if you want to have some fun then by all means GO and enjoy, why not your on vacation! Some need to not be so stuffy and let their hair down! :rolleyes: ;)

Edited by RaiderFaninNM

• 2 months later...

Has anyone been able to book a character breakfast online recently? We're sailing next month on FOS and I haven't seen this as an option online to book. I haven't called C&A yet to ask them, was hoping I'd see it one of these days.

Anyone else been able to do this? Am I just computer illiterate? Thanks!

Has anyone been able to book a character breakfast online recently? We're sailing next month on FOS and I haven't seen this as an option online to book. I haven't called C&A yet to ask them, was hoping I'd see it one of these days.

Anyone else been able to do this? Am I just computer illiterate? Thanks!

Our cruise is in September. It was not offered everyday & the time was 7:45 am !

Pretty early....just me & hubby, both in our 60's. I am forcing him to go :O)

We are on the Oasis. Perhaps it is not offered on your ship.

Our cruise is in September. It was not offered everyday & the time was 7:45 am !

Pretty early....just me & hubby, both in our 60's. I am forcing him to go :O)

We are on the Oasis. Perhaps it is not offered on your ship.

I could swear that the Freedom was offering the character breakfasts after the upgrade this spring. Maybe this one will be worth a call after all.

Thanks!

I could swear that the Freedom was offering the character breakfasts after the upgrade this spring. Maybe this one will be worth a call after all.

Thanks!

I was on Freedom in June and there are character breakfasts. We were on the Eastern route and had 3 sea days. There was a breakfast each sea day at 7:45. We went to the first breakfast and the characters from Madagascar were there-Alex, King Julian and Gloria. They went around to each table and you could take picutes with each of them. They also have photo sessions on the Promenade, but only with the ship's photographers. We didn't see them just walking around. We could not make reservations online. I talked with C & A and was told you have to make reservations when you get onboard. Have a great time!

I was on Freedom in June and there are character breakfasts. We were on the Eastern route and had 3 sea days. There was a breakfast each sea day at 7:45. We went to the first breakfast and the characters from Madagascar were there-Alex, King Julian and Gloria. They went around to each table and you could take picutes with each of them. They also have photo sessions on the Promenade, but only with the ship's photographers. We didn't see them just walking around. We could not make reservations online. I talked with C & A and was told you have to make reservations when you get onboard. Have a great time!

Thank you for this info. I have been looking online everywhere through RCI's website (wow, they are S-L-O-W) and finally gave up because I could not find anywhere to make the reservations for the breakfast.

We are booked on LOS Oct 22nd. The character breakfast opened last week for reservations. At the time is was only offered at 8:00 on the one sea day and the 23rd. I keep checking to see if a later time opens up.

Edited by philatiger

• 7 months later...

We are going on Liberty of the Seas in May and wonder if anyone can tell me how to book the breakfast with characters. Have 2 kids with us but I am the biggest kid of all. also does it cost extra. Can't find any info on royal carribbean site about the character breakfast or booking it. Also would anyone have any advice or reviews on the kids clubs. What do they do there - kids are 6 and 12.

Tks a lot Guys

We are going on Liberty in April, and I have already booked our Character Breakfast online. We did it on Oasis and loved it! By the way, we are in our 60's and have no children. Here's what we liked about it. It is free, there are lots of things made of chocolate, and characters come around with their "handlers" to your table, and the handler will take your picture with the character using your own camera (so that is free too).

Once your cruise opens up for booking specialty dining, you can go there online and you will see what days/times the Character Breakfast is available. We had three pictures taken with the penguins, the squirrel, and Gloria the hippo. Enjoy!!

I am on Allure this April and they are not booking the character breakfast online. Someone said that they were moving it to the Windjammer from the Main Dining room, but I havent been able to confirm. I have called RC a number of times about what is going on and no one has been able to tell me anything other than they can't book it either and I would have to wait until I got onboard. Weird....

I am on Allure this April and they are not booking the character breakfast online. Someone said that they were moving it to the Windjammer from the Main Dining room, but I havent been able to confirm. I have called RC a number of times about what is going on and no one has been able to tell me anything other than they can't book it either and I would have to wait until I got onboard. Weird....
i am on allure in may and got it booked for a sea day 8am think its listed under specialty restaurants,maybe it just had'nt opened:)

I am traveling April 29th on Allure and I was able to book the breakfast online last week.

It is offered on sea days at 8am.

We have 13 adults and no children from our roll call going.:D

Did you check online under specialty restaurants?

I did have a problem using firefox browser. I had to use internet explorer. :(

I did, it popped up one day only as available and then would only let me book one person. Then it was gone. When I went in to the one person reservation it said it was available to add additional people but then when I did and put in my confirmation info it said that the system was down and was being worked on. Hence the "weird....." I have tried a few dozen times and nothing shows up. Someone I spoke with along the way said it was because they werent doing the breakfasts in the main dining room any more and switching to the Windjammer. Got me... all I know is I have one seat, maybe my family of four can share it :)

Thank you all for your replies. Will keep an eye on site. I think from reading other posts that speciality dining opens 60 days before sailing.?

We booked our cruise through a travel agent in Jan but notice now offers that are cheaper and include air line. Is there anything I can do - i presume not!

New to cruising so am wondering if it is better to book late as maybe they do air line ticket inclusive deals late

Tks and everyone enjoy rest of wk end

nydoll, I had problems initially booking the character breakfast for the 4/1 sailing but keep trying.

A couple of observations:

1. If you have a choice of browsers, RCCL.com seems to like Internet Explorer better. It did not let me book any reservations in Firefox. Weird.

2. Once I booked, it only shows up as 1 person on the reservation - but I know I booked all 3 of us. If I go to try and change it, all 3 show up. Also weird.

3. It's funny how RCCL customer service people make stuff up when they don't know the answers. This breakfast is pretty well established in the MDR, I can't imagine them moving it to WJ with no reservations - it would be a zoo.

4. RCCL.com is unreliable and frequently goes down for no apparent reason.

I have actually reserved more than one because apparently different characters show up - Madagascar one day, then Shrek another day. Plus it's a "chocolate breakfast," which sounds awesome (as long as there's real breakfast food too...).

Edited by mmcruise

Thank you all for your replies. Will keep an eye on site. I think from reading other posts that speciality dining opens 60 days before sailing.?

We booked our cruise through a travel agent in Jan but notice now offers that are cheaper and include air line. Is there anything I can do - i presume not!

New to cruising so am wondering if it is better to book late as maybe they do air line ticket inclusive deals late

Tks and everyone enjoy rest of wk end

If the price of the cruise went down for the exact same cabin category that you are in your travel agent should be able to get you a price adjustment.

I have a while to wait but keeping my fingers crossed that the RCCL website is functioning properly and I can make reservations for a character breakfast on our Nov 10 LOS sailing. Shrek is one of my all-time favorites!!!! Might even be able to persuade my two DGSs to join me.

Thanks MM. I tried all of that, really odd. Franklly I am more about the chocolate breakfast at this point which I understand is available to all, even those not in the character session. If my last cruise on Oasis is any guide I wont be able to wake my kids up that early anyway so it may just be me, Shrek and a whole lotta chocolate! Wonder if they have any chocolate pina coladas????:D See ya at Sail Away, NYD:)