How to organize an onboard mini golf tournament

gr8times4us

I have been appointed as the person from our CC Meet & Mingle group to organized the mini golf, which I have never done. So I need HELP! :eek:

Anyone who has organized an onboard mini golf tournament, plese lend me your expertise. Do you have teams of 2 or 4? Can you reserve the mini golf course on RCI or do you just all show up at the designated time? I have a sign-up sheet and a few small token prizes.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nothing is more fun than being on rocky seas playing miniature golf.

You could have prizes for lowest score, highest score, hole in one, going overboard (the ball, that is), lowest team score, highest team score

I would talk to the CD to see if you can get exclusive use for an hour or so.

And see if they can do a "shotgun" start where everyone starts at the same (on different holes). This makes it easier for everyone as everyone finishes at the same time. It can cut a two hour production in half.

And best to figure that at least half of those that think it's a great idea now won't show up.

Since getting everyone in one spot at one time is always tough, you might want to put everyone on their honor and say they must post a score by maybe the next to last day. This way they can squeeze in a round whenever ti's most convenient for them. I'd make the rule to be the score they post must be the first round they play -- no playing until you get a possible winner of a score.

I wouldn't bother with it. The mini-gulf thing on the any of the ships are totally worthless. A bad idea that someone thought of...

I disagree with you. We had one on my recent cruise and ALL of us thoroughly enjoyed it. OP, here is some info for you:

We picked a sea day. There were sign-up sheets (with cabin #s) at the meet and mingle for those who wanted to attend. A date and time was picked and everyone was informed via phone and bulletin board. There were teams of 2. We calculated points and winners were announced. It was a lot of fun. If you need more info, go on the Royal Caribbean Roll call for Explorer of the Seas January 2, 2011 cruise and talk to Irv54. He organized this and we all really enjoyed. After the mini golf we went to the main dining room for lunch.

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise!

Nothing is more fun than being on rocky seas playing miniature golf.

You could have prizes for lowest score, highest score, hole in one, going overboard (the ball, that is), lowest team score, highest team score

It certainly does make it more challenging when you are at sea!

The catagory for the prizes were along the lines of what I was planning on doing. I was also going to give a prize for the youngest and oldest player to show up.

Thanks for your valuable input!

And see if they can do a "shotgun" start where everyone starts at the same (on different holes). This makes it easier for everyone as everyone finishes at the same time. It can cut a two hour production in half.

Hadn't thought of that, but having a shotgun start would definitely make it quicker! THANKS!

I disagree with you. We had one on my recent cruise and ALL of us thoroughly enjoyed it. OP, here is some info for you:

We picked a sea day. There were sign-up sheets (with cabin #s) at the meet and mingle for those who wanted to attend. A date and time was picked and everyone was informed via phone and bulletin board. There were teams of 2. We calculated points and winners were announced. It was a lot of fun. If you need more info, go on the Royal Caribbean Roll call for Explorer of the Seas January 2, 2011 cruise and talk to Irv54. He organized this and we all really enjoyed. After the mini golf we went to the main dining room for lunch.

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise!

Love the idea of a sign-up sheet with room numbers. When I get adefinite time for the mini golf tournament, I can then be able to reach everyone who signs up.

Thanks everyone for your immediate responses.

It certainly does make it more challenging when you are at sea!

The catagory for the prizes were along the lines of what I was planning on doing. I was also going to give a prize for the youngest and oldest player to show up.

Thanks for your valuable input!

Great! Our gold game organizer brought prizes for the team who got the least points and the highest points. The dollar store has fantastic prizes and ribbons. They have small trophies sometimes.:DEnjoy planning it!

Archived