I *think* we got our room assignment...

Half Pint

We had the ES rate where they pick your room for you and a number has finally been posted for us (1263 on the Valor)

So, I go look it up and see that 1) it's right next to the elevator (could be convenient but noisy) and 2) it's on the lowest deck (so hopefully not much motion).

I searched for the number here and it seems like it could possibly be in the middle of the crew quarters. Is that correct? :confused:

On the positive side, at least I don't have to worry about public areas above our room. :p

We had the ES rate where they pick your room for you and a number has finally been posted for us (1263 on the Valor)

So, I go look it up and see that 1) it's right next to the elevator (could be convenient but noisy) and 2) it's on the lowest deck (so hopefully not much motion).

I searched for the number here and it seems like it could possibly be in the middle of the crew quarters. Is that correct? :confused:

On the positive side, at least I don't have to worry about public areas above our room. :p

I think it's an okay location. You may be a little annoyed by the ding of the elevators and people talking too loud when they come into the hall late at night.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the middle of the crew quarters" The crew cabins are 2 and 3 decks below the Riviera deck. The deck just below you is where the infirmary and storage is. It's also the deck where you would board tenders from.

:p

I agree with the other poster... with ES you always pick your own cabin. Either you are not booked ES or someone price matched you which doesnt sound like the case..

ES you always start off picking your cabin.

I think it's an okay location. You may be a little annoyed by the ding of the elevators and people talking too loud when they come into the hall late at night.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the middle of the crew quarters" The crew cabins are 2 and 3 decks below the Riviera deck. The deck just below you is where the infirmary and storage is. It's also the deck where you would board tenders from.

Thanks for the clarification. :) On a post here, it was included as a "bad" room, since it was in the middle of crew quarters. Thanks for clearing that up! :D

It's an ocean view room, on the right hand side of the ship.

I agree with the other poster... with ES you always pick your own cabin. Either you are not booked ES or someone price matched you which doesnt sound like the case..

ES you always start off picking your cabin.

Hmm, I could have sworn it was ES, but if everyone says you pick your own cabin with ES, then I guess I'm wrong. :D

Hmm, I could have sworn it was ES, but if everyone says you pick your own cabin with ES, then I guess I'm wrong. :D

Check your booking confirmation, section Terms/conditions toward the end of the document - if it contains terms like "non-refundable deposit" or "no name changes" then it's ES. If they assigned your cabin it's not ES - it's conceivable that you initially booked ES then price matched to a guarantee booking and gave-up your assigned cabin for a TBA cabin, but you would presumably know this. ken

I'm assuming they booked a guaranteed inside room, which can be done under ES. I've done it before, so I'm assuming it still works.

Actually it cannot. Its impossible to do this under ES. Once you pick a cabin, you can pay the difference and upgrade to a gty, but originally you cannot book a Gty with ES.

Check your booking confirmation, section Terms/conditions toward the end of the document - if it contains terms like "non-refundable deposit" or "no name changes" then it's ES. If they assigned your cabin it's not ES - it's conceivable that you initially booked ES then price matched to a guarantee booking and gave-up your assigned cabin for a TBA cabin, but you would presumably know this. ken

Thanks Ken. It was a TBA cabin, so I was incorrect when I said it was an ES booking. :)

Thanks for the clarification. :) On a post here, it was included as a "bad" room, since it was in the middle of crew quarters. Thanks for clearing that up! :D

Some of the entertainment staff and officers and cruise directors have cabins up in the public levels of the ship, but not the stewards, waiters, bartenders....etc...

The deck below you is deck zero and on most ships the crew refer to it as I-10, which is a reference to I-10 in Miami where the Carnival Headquarters is located. But as I said it's mostly a utilitarian deck, with the infirmary, tender gangways, store rooms and stuff like that.

Then I guess the crew decks where they not only have their cabins, but their own recreation area and dining room are on decks -1 and -2 and maybe -3.....I'm not sure how far down they go. Years ago I was down at deck -2. They don't even have elevators that far down.

I am booked ES on the Valor for spring break and I booked a Balcony Gaurantee room. Still do not have the room assignment.

Sometimes you can book gaurantee or pick your room with ES.

You better double check it that it really is ES then .. or maybe the TA or PVP is picking it ... but you always pick your cabin with ES. sorry to keep repeating myself, but there are no gtys with ES.

The Early Saver rates permit you to pick your own cabin....

If you booked without a cabin assignment, it was the "Guarantee" cabin rate.....

I'm assuming they booked a guaranteed inside room, which can be done under ES. I've done it before, so I'm assuming it still works.

There is not nor ever has been an Early Saver "guarantee" rate. They are 2 totally different fares.

"The deck below you is deck zero and on most ships the crew refer to it as I-10, which is a reference to I-10 in Miami where the Carnival Headquarters is located. But as I said it's mostly a utilitarian deck, with the infirmary, tender gangways, store rooms and stuff like that."

It's actually I-95 not I-10.

Our last cruise we were right next to the elevator and while it was a bit noisy, it in no way ruined our cruise. We don't get up super early and I'm a light sleeper and was awaken several times in the morning. It didn't seem to bother my DH at all though. Have a great cruise!

"The deck below you is deck zero and on most ships the crew refer to it as I-10, which is a reference to I-10 in Miami where the Carnival Headquarters is located. But as I said it's mostly a utilitarian deck, with the infirmary, tender gangways, store rooms and stuff like that."

It's actually I-95 not I-10.

Thanks for the correction. I guess I have Houston on my brain since I have to navigate that zoo during rush hour in a few weeks.

The only thing worse than having to debark the ship at the end of a great cruise is the dread of going through morning rush hour traffic in Houston to get home from Galveston.

Perhaps the reference to "crew quarters" meant "crew utility rooms", which are sprinkled throughout the guest cabin areas. Admittedly I haven't looked at the deck plans for the tell-tale "white spaces"

Perhaps the reference to "crew quarters" meant "crew utility rooms", which are sprinkled throughout the guest cabin areas. Admittedly I haven't looked at the deck plans for the tell-tale "white spaces"

Our room is right next to a white space. LOL What does that mean?

I booked my friends in a 7A ES for our cruise next month. Recently, they offered a pack n' go rate for a GTY for less than they paid for the 7A . So, I sent in the ES form requesting the move to pack n' go rate which now Carnival gets to assign the cabin. I figured can't go any lower than 7A anyway and it gives them $80 OBC...and you never know they may get an unobstructive view..who knows.

Anyway, they just got their cabin assignment...8k extended balcony! Same as ours...that I paid quite a few bucks more for..lucky ducks!:p

Archived