New Points System Made Simple

I'm in the same position as before...one cruise til Diamond but based on the formula I lost points but probably because all but one of our cruises were 12 days or more

We also lost 78 points because of all the cruises of 11+ nights or longer we did.

Well, that's what I was told by C&A this morning. They used the same formula for everyone.

Patti,

did you read somewhere the date as to when this is effective by ship? I read on the RCCL web site it's effective 1-21-11 today, but some one said they saw an effective date posted by ship. Do you know where that was? I cannot locate it.

Thanks,

Joanne

Patti,

did you read somewhere the date as to when this is effective by ship? I read on the RCCL web site it's effective 1-21-11 today, but some one said they saw an effective date posted by ship. Do you know where that was? I cannot locate it.

Thanks,

Joanne

Joanne, Yes, I did see it..........but it might be buried in one of the threads. I'll go hunt for it.

I had 10 cruise points (diamond) how many points do I have now? and I guess I will remain diamond.

RCCL's New C&A Conversion Table

Edited by cruisenfever

Thank you for the explanation. Seems the rep left out that part!:o I went back and edited my original post to reflect 8 cruise credits.

Your simply amazing......;) I'm voting for you this year too......:D From this day forward to get to the next level I know how many days or credits I need to get to the next level. The math formula worked for me.:cool: Go have some lunch and be back in an hour or so.:)

I'm not complaining since I got more days than I had calculated. But, the people who took the 3 night cruises really made out like bandits! One of the rumors was that they would keep their level achieved under the old system, but, they would have way less days than that level calls for making them earn a lot more to get to the next level. I think that that would have been fairer.

PS - I wonder why they did not just use the history that we all have and calculate the "real" days?????

All in all, this will be better going forward but I won't live long enough to get to Pinnacle!

The way C&A arrived at the points is they took everyone's current number of cruise credits starting with 8..........multiplied by 7 and then added 13.

So, some got more points and some got less points based on their current cruise history.

Going forward it will be actual number of nights sailed and doubled if in a JS cabin or above.

Edit:

For those with 1-4 credits, it's (# of credits x 7) + 1

For those with 5-7 credits, it's (# of credits x 7) + 3

That calculates for me.

i think this must be the new version of the new math...my new jersey/minnesota math back ground ain't work'n with this new calculation...and i'm not paying for a tutor...as long as i don't be screwed out of my diamond member status...GOOD LORD WHY DID THEY FEEL THE NEED TO MAKE A CHANGE...i need a beer or 2 or 3...where's SNOKIE

I'm not complaining since I got more days than I had calculated. But, the people who took the 3 night cruises really made out like bandits! One of the rumors was that they would keep their level achieved under the old system, but, they would have way less days than that level calls for making them earn a lot more to get to the next level. I think that that would have been fairer.

PS - I wonder why they did not just use the history that we all have and calculate the "real" days?????

All in all, this will be better going forward but I won't live long enough to get to Pinnacle!

We all know the reputation of RCI's IT Department. Be thankful that they came up with a formula!!:D

I like formulas. Good job.

Everyone should note the big jump between 7 and 8 cruise credits. Those of us with 8 or 9 cruise credits just made that extra 10 point bonus because the formula jumps from +3 to +13. Sweet! I guess that was to get us as close to diamond as we were before. I'm going to call this the Emerald Conversion Bump. :D

Thanks for the info, Patti.

This news broke while we were on the Explorer holiday sailing. Under the old system, that bumped us up to 26 credits, counting the extra December-to-remember credit. I sat down at my trusty netbook and from memory set up a spreadsheet showing the number of nights we would have including the Explorer for our entire cruise history of 18 separate trips on RCI - the total was 165 nights with the 26 credits.

So we did OK since the 165 nights or 26 points morphed into 195 nights. I wondered how they got that until I saw the formula ((26 * 7) + 13 = 195).

We did OK at trivia, got shellacked at Progressive but won a whole lot of cruise trinkets including gorgeous earrings.:D

2643856380096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

2101317400096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Hey there Mr. BB...........love the earrings. Got a couple sets ourselves on EN during the December 27th holiday sailing.

Sorry about your shellacking at Progressive. Just remember......it's only a game......and you will always be Mr. Incredible.......win or lose!!

Edited by cruisenfever

I'm in the same position as before...one cruise til Diamond but based on the formula I lost points but probably because all but one of our cruises were 12 days or more

Us too. With the exception of one 7 day cruise, all of ours have been 11 or 12 days. :(

We also lost 78 points because of all the cruises of 11+ nights or longer we did.

Hello Patti,

Maybe I'm thinking too much, but going from this day on with the new structure in place...... example a new cruiser to RCL books a 16 day T/A from FCO to Galveston in a suite will be a Platinum member after the cruise??? 16cp +16cp for suite =32

Mike

Hello Patti,

Maybe I'm thinking too much, but going from this day on with the new structure in place...... example a new cruiser to RCL books a 16 day T/A from FCO to Galveston in a suite will be a Platinum member after the cruise??? 16cp +16cp for suite =32

Mike

It sure would seem that way wouldn't it? Platinum after one cruise or are the doubee credits given only to C&A members? I f I understand it these are C&A benifits so the double should not apply to a first time cruiser. Just my guess. If so it would take two cruises just like you could do it in the past.

Edited by Puffinater

Us too. With the exception of one 7 day cruise, all of ours have been 11 or 12 days. :(

Clear examples of why they changed the program to a day-based system.

Theron

I have looked/searched all over the rci site and can find references to balcony discounts, but NOT what they are(in $'s) for all the new levels. Anybody have a link.

Also, the only main difference I see between D,D+,P is a personal gift,cl access,and a lapel pin. All get tours,+/P can get a better one.

Edited by setsail

It sure would seem that way wouldn't it? Platinum after one cruise or are the doubee credits given only to C&A members? I f I understand it these are C&A benifits so the double should not apply to a first time cruiser. Just my guess. If so it would take two cruises just like you could do it in the past.

I see that now only C&A members get the suite points and you have to be above gold to receive suite discounts item #14. Thanks

I have looked/searched all over the rci site and can find references to balcony discounts, but NOT what they are(in $'s) for all the new levels. Anybody have a link.

Also, the only main difference I see between D,D+,P is a personal gift,cl access,and a lapel pin. All get tours,+/P can get a better one.

+/P reserved seating at shows, get free drinks and hot food. D gets reduced price drinks and cheese plate in DL equipped ships.

Hey there Mr. BB...........love the earrings. Got a couple sets ourselves on EN during the December 27th holiday sailing.

Sorry about your shellacking at Progressive. Just remember......it's only a game......and you will always be Mr. Incredible.......win or lose!!

Patti, just wondering did you ever find the effective date by ship? Or did I miss you answer?

I am bleary eyed after all this reading. I bet everyone has eye strain today!

Joanne