New Points System Made Simple

The extra cruise credit for booking a JS cabin and above went into effect January 1, 2004.

Oooops! Well, I did know that for sure it was not in effect in 2002! Actually, I think an RCCL rep. gave me the 2005 date. I should have called again and they probably would have said 2004. LOL! I stand corrected.

Oooops! Well, I did know that for sure it was not in effect in 2002! Actually, I think an RCCL rep. gave me the 2005 date. I should have called again and they probably would have said 2004. LOL! I stand corrected.

Yep, my 2002 11 nighter in a JS didn't count as 2 credits either.

Edited by beachbuddy

I'm confused about the date this new system started...

I took my 8th cruise Jan 8...so shouldn't I be (8x7) + 13= 69?

They are only giving me credits for the 7 cruises and so I don't get the 13 bonus.

Did I just miss the cut off?

They are only giving me credits for the 7 cruises and so I don't get the 13 bonus.

I'd call and ask. I would think they should have counted all of your cruises.

I think that they are going to end up having to enter cruises from the past two weeks by hand.

: Alexis, I found my above question and answer after reading the RCCL website rather then all these threads. (The lightbulb finally went on in my head)

How I wish the 11 nighters in the JS's were allowed to be counted. I would be a D Plus finally with points to spare.

Did you have 18 cruise credits, then? Now converted to 139 cruise points?

I am actually pleased with the new system and it has me almost identical to the old one as far as where we were.

I will make D Plus with the same amount of days sailed with this new method, as the old way in number of cruises.

I don't plan on paying for JS's to get there faster. :rolleyes:

I could have gotten there faster the old way in short cruises, but I hate them and would not bother doing them.

I won the first two we ever did on RCCL so we took them.

Edited by Alexis

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanx for all answers, but-----I still do not get it with my very first cruises credit points. Does the following RCCL-picture makes sense? (I am missing 7 points, which have been taken away in June, and nobody knows at RCCL why! It has to do with the 2 very first cruises shown here.)

c5jbdrafoy9qk3sr2.jpg

Edited by christi1805

Those 1997 cruises should show up as 1 credit each as they were from before last year's point conversion. With 5 cruise credits, you should have 38 cruise points after the conversion (5 * 7 + 3).

It looks as though they are counting the 1997 cruises as 3 cruise points instead. If we compute it that way, then you'd have 3 cruise credits converting to 22 cruise points (3 * 7 + 1) plus 6 cruise points for those two early cruises, coming up with a total of 28 points. With that, I come up short by 10 points, not 7, though.

The trick will be getting Crown & Anchor to consider the 1997 as 1 cruise credit each and then go through the 2011 credit->point conversion with 5 credits on hand.

Can someone help me understand this a little better?

I've been on one cruise with RCI. I see the 8 points. My next cruise is in August and I'm book in a GS for 7 nights. What should my total points be after that cruise and how does the formula look like? I want to make sure I'm credited properly after my trip. Thanks so much!!

Forget about the conversion formula it only got you to the new system. It is very easy now 1 point for each night you cruise or 2 points for each night in a suite. So after you 7 night cruise in GS you will have 21 (7 +14).

Just commented on the other thread but I don't think this is the case on all level. A gold member with 4 credits has 29 points now according to a conversation I had this am with someone. 4 X 7= 28 and they got 29 not 41.

Thats me exactly... I had 4 previous cruises... now I have 29 points.. wishing I could talk them into giving me one little bitty point *before* my next cruise, but can't figure that one out.

Edited by mad-dog74

Thats me exactly... I had 4 previous cruises... now I have 29 points.. wishing I could talk them into giving me one little bitty point *before* my next cruise, but can't figure that one out.

If each of your 4 cruises was 11 nights or less and you were not booked in a JS cabin or above then you received 1 cruise credit for each cruise.

When they did the conversion from credits to points you got 7 points for each credit and then for those that had up to 4 cruise credits they gave 1 bonus point so that made your total 29.

This is what was done for my old 7 day cruises on Sovereign. They did not use the old conversation formula. Just got 7 days for each. And then 14 for my recent GS on voyager.

Forget about the conversion formula it only got you to the new system. It is very easy now 1 point for each night you cruise or 2 points for each night in a suite. So after you 7 night cruise in GS you will have 21 (7 +14).

• 3 years later...

Were is all this information located other than just saying on the website. i have been there and can't find the new system being displayed - How do they count 15 day cruises??? What is the effective date of these new points. Has every account already gone thru the conversion.

Were is all this information located other than just saying on the website. i have been there and can't find the new system being displayed - How do they count 15 day cruises??? What is the effective date of these new points. Has every account already gone thru the conversion.

the conversion happen in 2009. or 2010. If you took a cruise for 15 nights you get 15 points. it based on night not day. However there is an exception to delays or early arriving, since winter storm jonas hit the east coast. If you booked a 10 days cruised and you got 11 , you only get 10 point. If you book a 12 night cruise but got delayed for a day , you get 12 point.

Here is how your points are calculated. You get 1 credit for each cruise you take.

Since you took 3 cruises, you get a total of 3 points X 7 = 21 +1 = 22. This done because you were in the 1-4 category. If you were in a suite you get double initial credits.

Example: I took 4 cruises in a suite and received a total of 8 points X 7 = 56 +3 = 59. This I because I was in the 8 category. I does work out correct if you do it correctly. Hope this helps.

Edited by egh170

the conversion happen in 2009. or 2010. If you took a cruise for 15 nights you get 15 points. it based on night not day. However there is an exception to delays or early arriving, since winter storm jonas hit the east coast. If you booked a 10 days cruised and you got 11 , you only get 10 point. If you book a 12 night cruise but got delayed for a day , you get 12 point.

Any ideas why this resurfaced/it is not affecting anyone's current points or status???? :confused:

Any ideas why this resurfaced/it is not affecting anyone's current points or status????

Because you asked the question below and it popped up on the Main boards! First question since 2012.

Below is when cruise credits were converted to cruise points. Points are earned 1 for each night you cruise, double if you are booked in a JS or higher cabin category.

1/12/2011 ~~ cut off data from when C&A actually did the transition from credits to points.

1/21/2011 ~~ Points go into affect for all cruises departing after this date.

Here is the link to RCCL's New C&A Conversion Table and how cruise credits were converted to cruise points

From the RCI website explaining What are Cruise Points and why do they matter

Edited by cruisenfever

The conversion took place in January 2011. All accounts were converted at that time.

You get one point for each night, including nights on a cruisetour.

You get an extra point per night if you are in a JS or better stateroom.

You get an extra point per night if you are solo in a stateroom that normally holds two or more guests.