New Points System Made Simple

I currently have 3 cruise points with 20 days at sea. The cruise calculator says I have 22 new points.

Next month I am doing a 5 day cruise in a JS which would have given me 5 old points or 32 new points total. In either case I will move up to platimum.

However I did notice that if we had taken the cruise prior to January 21 RCI would have converted our 5 points to 38 new points.

Ok, Here is my scenario, I think I got cheated!

I checked my account and I have 52 Points. Prior to this I had 7 Credits. Here's how they were earned:

03/1996 7 night cruise outside cabin 1 Credit

03/2008 9 night cruise in a Junior Suite 2 Credits

03/2009 9 night cruise in a Junior Suite 2 Credits

03/2010 9 night cruise in a Junior Suite 2 Credits

Under the new system I feel should have 61.

7 + (9 x 2 Jun Suite)18 + (9 x 2 Jun suite)18 + (9 x 2 Jun Suite)18 = 61

They did not transfer for previous nights earned. If I had one more credit (8) according to previous post on this board they would have placed me at 69? If so, 7 was the worse number to have during this conversion.

Oh well I will live!

Don

I checked my account and I have 52 Points. Prior to this I had 7 Credits. Here's how they were earned:

They did not transfer for previous nights earned. If I had one more credit (8) according to previous post on this board they would have placed me at 69? If so, 7 was the worse number to have during this conversion.

Oh well I will live!

Don

You and everyone else with 7 credits got 52 points no matter how you earned them that's the way it is. Be happy they did not just use the actual days you sailed 27! Edited by FLACRUISER99

Oh well I will live!

Don

You and everyone else with 7 credits got 52 points no matter how you earned them that's the way it is. Be happy they did not just use the actual days you sailed 27!

FLACRUISER99...The actual days sailed was 34 not 27.

As JS get double nights/points then it would be 61 nights/points.

There are quite a few people who has lost out on this x7 plus whatever number who have sailed on longer than 7 night cruises...although the added number is meant to balance this out..somehow :confused: but obviously it hasn't with some people.

FLACRUISER99...The actual days sailed was 34 not 27.

As JS get double nights/points then it would be 61 nights/points.

There are quite a few people who has lost out on this x7 plus whatever number who have sailed on longer than 7 night cruises...although the added number is meant to balance this out..somehow :confused: but obviously it hasn't with some people.

You are correct on the 27 should have been 34, sorry. Everybody had 0 points on Friday and only cruise credits that RCI converted to points. There is no way RCI could have gone back to 1968 as all the old records were on microfilm. Again no one got cheated as we all started with 0 points and RCI could have said new program everyone starts new. I have seen airline miles that never expire expire.

You are correct on the 27 should have been 34, sorry. Everybody had 0 points on Friday and only cruise credits that RCI converted to points. There is no way RCI could have gone back to 1968 as all the old records were on microfilm. Again no one got cheated as we all started with 0 points and RCI could have said new program everyone starts new. I have seen airline miles that never expire expire.

If we all started at "0" we would all have the same amount of points.:eek:

If we all started at "0" we would all have the same amount of points.:eek:

Patti, I think that that is what he is saying. "We should all be grateful that RC didn't just put us all at zero and start the program anew as of today."

:)

so no double points if you booked a suite in the past?

I have only 2 credits, both 7 days both balcony or higher, one in a suite. I am robbed I think. should have booked 10 3 day cruises for the same price.

so no double points if you booked a suite in the past?

I have only 2 credits, both 7 days both balcony or higher, one in a suite. I am robbed I think. should have booked 10 3 day cruises for the same price.

I'm confused...........If you have 2 credits you either did one 7 day cruise in a suite or two 7 day cruises in a balcony.

If you did two 7 day cruises in a JS or higher you would have 4 credits.

If you did two 7 day cruises, one in a balcony and one in a JS or above you would have 3 credits.

If you did two 7 day cruises in a regular balcony you would have 2 credits.

One in a balcony, and I had a seperate cabin for my kids inside.

One in a JS, with another JS for my kids in an adjoining cabin.

So 4 cabins in total, in x7 day cruises, 2 cabins at JS but I think they had a different name then? C class maybe? It was 2002.

So is 2 cabins 2 credits for the adult member who books? Or is one cruise one credit even if you book 2 cabins?

So 4 cabins in total, in x7 day cruises, 2 cabins at JS but I think they had a different name then? C class maybe? It was 2002.

So is 2 cabins 2 credits for the adult member who books? Or is one cruise one credit even if you book 2 cabins?

You only got the credits, and only get the new cruise points for cabins you stay in. You could charter the ship, but only get credit for your cabin.

Suites did not get double points in 2002

The extra cruise credit for booking a JS cabin or above went into effect January 1, 2004.

You only earn credit for the cabin you are actually booked in and not the cabin your children occupied.

So, no extra for 2 balcony cabins in 2004. and none for JS back in 2002.

So I am right, I did get robbed. Now it seems children get the Status of their parents for going forward under the new rules. Even though I paid for extra cabins in the past, I don't get double (even suites and balconies) and they don't get extra as they will get just as many credits as it I had stuffed us all in one cabin!!! Not that I hear we can do that on the new Oasis ships as I hear they aren't big enough for 4 now lol.

I guess they can stay home now they are old enough. I am not paying for cabins on future crusies if I don't get the benefits. Having paid for 2x 7 day cruises on RCL in fairly dleux cabins (D1_+ M and Cx2) and only getting 2 credits I have spent much more than those tho racked up 10 cheapie 3 day M cruises lol.

So I am right, I did get robbed. Now it seems children get the Status of their parents for going forward under the new rules. Even though I paid for extra cabins in the past, I don't get double (even suites and balconies) and they don't get extra as they will get just as many credits as it I had stuffed us all in one cabin!!! Not that I hear we can do that on the new Oasis ships as I hear they aren't big enough for 4 now lol.

I guess they can stay home now they are old enough. I am not paying for cabins on future crusies if I don't get the benefits. Having paid for 2x 7 day cruises on RCL in fairly dleux cabins (D1_+ M and Cx2) and only getting 2 credits I have spent much more than those tho racked up 10 cheapie 3 day M cruises lol.

Many, many people have paid for a cabin for themselves and one or more for their kids, you aren't the only one. No cruiseline is going to give you more credits because your kids are in a separate cabin.

You only earn credits/points for the cabin that you actually occupy.........not the additional ones you pay for. Your kids would have earned their own credits for the cabin they occupied.

It's not a change and you weren't cheated.

They NEVER gave you an extra credit for your kids' cabin, so they didn't take it away.

You cruised twice. In a JS. So you had 4 cruise credits. You now have 29 cruise points.

You were one cruise away from Platinum before.

You are one cruise away from Platinum now.

To atush....

They did not start giving the extra credit for a JS until 2005. Just FYI !

We tried to get can extra redit for a JS on Empress of the Seas from 1997 and they would not give it to us. That being said, glad we have been booking JSs when we can since 2007.

Hmm...Too bad that a bit more "extra credit" wasn't given at Conversion based on the previous number of nights sailed. I have to admit that I am now one of the "3 Cruises @ 11 Nights" who is wishing that I was one of the "10 Cruises @ 3 Nights". I sure missed the D Boat and it's going to take many (more) Cruise nights to ever reach it. I am now on a Mission :)

So I am more than one crusie away from platinum as I get one credit for the D1 and one for the JS. 15 points lol.

Oh well, when I retire to my place in FL I'll have more time to cruise. And I won't be buying the kids an extra cabin anymore as I am paying for their university degrees now ;-) Maybe they will earn enough to take me on a cruise????