New Points System Made Simple

Patti, just wondering did you ever find the effective date by ship? Or did I miss you answer?

I am bleary eyed after all this reading. I bet everyone has eye strain today!

Joanne

I did this post earlier. Someone else posted on another thread also.

Q: When is the Crown & Anchor Society program changing? s.gif A: The program changes will be announced beginning January 21, 2010 and will take full affect onboard our 21 ships soon afterward. The schedule to rollout the new Crown & Anchor Society enhancements is as follows:

SHIP 1st SAIL DATE PORT Monarch January 24 Port Canaveral Majesty January 24 Miami Legend January 24 Singapore Splendour January 23 Sao Paulo (Santos) Grandeur January 23 Colon, Panama Rhapsody January 22 Sydney, Australia Enchantment January 29 Baltimore Vision January 22 Sao Paulo (Santos) Voyager January 23 Galveston Explorer January 28 Bayonne Adventure January 23 San Juan Navigator January 24 Fort Lauderdale Mariner February 1 Valparaiso, Chile Radiance January 22 Tampa Brilliance January 24 Dubai Serenade January 22 San Juan Jewel January 24 Fort Lauderdale Freedom January 23 Port Canaveral Liberty January 30 Miami Independence January 26 Southampton, UK Oasis January 22 Fort Lauderdale Allure January 23 Fort Lauderdale

DOI:D is there points for finding the 1st screw up?

try this link

The (# of credits x 7) + 13 works for my numbers : 11 credits, Diamond before -- now 90 points, Diamond after ------- and still a loooonnngggg way from D+.

I think the change is long overdue, although any transition will be messy. They should have done this years ago.

Not unlike SWA's changes to their loyalty program where points are now accumulated based on $$ spent, not segments. Next RCL change ---- points based on fare paid.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

try this link

That's it!

It's not in a form that can be cut and pasted, but I did my best here:

Q: When is the Crown & Anchor Society program changing?

A: The program changes will be announced beginning January 21, 2010 and will take full affect onboard our 21 ships soon afterward. The schedule to rollout the new Crown & Anchor Society enhancements is as follows:

SHIP 1st SAIL DATE PORT

Monarch January 24 Port Canaveral

Majesty January 24 Miami

Legend January 24 Singapore

Splendour January 23 Sao Paulo (Santos)

Grandeur January 23 Colon, Panama

Rhapsody January 22 Sydney, Australia

Enchantment January 29 Baltimore

Vision January 22 Sao Paulo (Santos)

Voyager January 23 Galveston

Explorer January 28 Bayonne

Adventure January 23 San Juan

Navigator January 24 Fort Lauderdale

Mariner February 1 Valparaiso, Chile

Radiance January 22 Tampa

Brilliance January 24 Dubai

Serenade January 22 San Juan

Jewel January 24 Fort Lauderdale

Freedom January 23 Port Canaveral

Liberty January 30 Miami

Independence January 26 Southampton, UK

Oasis January 22 Fort Lauderdale

Allure January 23 Fort Lauderdale

In other words, no mid-cruise changes.

Each ship will be in compliance with the new rules on its first cruise after today, January 21. ;)

I see that now only C&A members get the suite points and you have to be above gold to receive suite discounts item #14. Thanks

And you have to pay for a suite to get points for it. No more getting upgraded from a non suite to a suite and then getting points!

try this link

You are the man.:D

That's it!

It's not in a form that can be cut and pasted, but I did my best here:

I knew I saw the list............and it was your list that I initially saw. Way to early this morning for me to remember what I did and did not see.

I'm not complaining since I got more days than I had calculated. But, the people who took the 3 night cruises really made out like bandits! One of the rumors was that they would keep their level achieved under the old system, but, they would have way less days than that level calls for making them earn a lot more to get to the next level. I think that that would have been fairer.

PS - I wonder why they did not just use the history that we all have and calculate the "real" days?????

All in all, this will be better going forward but I won't live long enough to get to Pinnacle!

I completely agree with the 3 day cruises. Their 3 day cruise earned them the same points as our 11 night cruise. THATS screwed!

I completely agree with the 3 day cruises. Their 3 day cruise earned them the same points as our 11 night cruise. THATS screwed!

As it always was. But at least from now on it will be different. Couldn't ask RCI to go back and change what we had always accepted under the old point system.

TnT

I'm not complaining since I got more days than I had calculated. But, the people who took the 3 night cruises really made out like bandits! One of the rumors was that they would keep their level achieved under the old system, but, they would have way less days than that level calls for making them earn a lot more to get to the next level. I think that that would have been fairer.

PS - I wonder why they did not just use the history that we all have and calculate the "real" days?????

All in all, this will be better going forward but I won't live long enough to get to Pinnacle!

I agree that they should have used the history and calculated 'real days' to make it fair. The people with the 3 day cruises did indeed make out like bandits.

We also lost 78 points because of all the cruises of 11+ nights or longer we did.

I saw your name and I go to the "Lady of Knowledge" in my book. ;)

I have not been on here much and to read all these posts about the C&A changes today. There are soooo many of them.

Question?

When RCCL figured our new points? Did they figure in the past cruises of 11 nights done in a JS, or is that only going to take effect from now on?

Like you, we did several 11 night cruises and two of them were in JS's.

Wishful thinking on my part?

Edited by Alexis

I saw your name and I go to the "Lady of Knowledge" in my book.

I have not been on here much and to read all these posts about the C&A changes today. There are soooo many of them.

Question?

When RCCL figured our new points? Did they figure in the past cruises of 11 nights done in a JS, or is that only going to take effect from now on?

Like you, we did several 11 night cruises and two of them were in JS's.

Wishful thinking on my part?

I found my above question and answer after reading the RCCL website rather then all these threads. (The lightbulb finally went on in my head) :rolleyes:

How I wish the 11 nighters in the JS's were allowed to be counted. I would be a D Plus finally with points to spare.

Edited by Alexis

I agree that they should have used the history and calculated 'real days' to make it fair. The people with the 3 day cruises did indeed make out like bandits.

Seriously, why do you care what anyone else got?

Did you lose your status?

I found my above question and answer after reading the RCCL website rather then all these threads. (The lightbulb finally went on in my head) :rolleyes:

How I wish the 11 nighters in the JS's were allowed to be counted. I would be a D Plus finally with points to spare.

Did you have 18 cruise credits, then? Now converted to 139 cruise points?

Edited by Merion_Mom

What you are actually seeing is the reason why they decided to change. It would be very costly indeed to go back and verify (and probably dispute a great many) the length of each prior cruise.

What you would be asking them to do is to retroactively apply a new system, and many people (especially those "3 dayers") would not like that.

From day 1 to yesterday, we knew the rules and consumed the product. From today on we know the new rules and will continue to consume the product.

I think they did a pretty fair job in converting. Obviously with such a change, it would be impossible to exactly convert everybody, if you could do that, then you wouldn't need a new system to begin with.

Theron

What you are actually seeing is the reason why they decided to change. It would be very costly indeed to go back and verify (and probably dispute a great many) the length of each prior cruise.

What you would be asking them to do is to retroactively apply a new system, and many people (especially those "3 dayers") would not like that.

From day 1 to yesterday, we knew the rules and consumed the product. From today on we know the new rules and will continue to consume the product.

I think they did a pretty fair job in converting. Obviously with such a change, it would be impossible to exactly convert everybody, if you could do that, then you wouldn't need a new system to begin with.

Theron

logo.png

Seriously, why do you care what anyone else got?

Did you lose your status?

I personally have so few cruises (thus your comment on my status) that it didn't really impact me.

However, this is a message board and I spoke my opinion. Got it?

Joanne, say Hi to Julie for us.

Patti,

I will. We are looking forward to seeing her & Dave. We did the Mini Polar Bear reunion in Dec, sorry you & Jim couldn't join us. We are all doing the Allure together in March (13th & 20th) come join us :)

Thanks for the info. We just did the Explorer Jan 2 to Jan 16th, 14 nights in a JS. I was hoping to get the new formula, which I figure to be 28. However, the new program doesn't appy to that sailing and we'll get 21.

Joanne

So just thinking. If attaining Diamond is the goal and now needing sea days vs credits. If someone has cruised on X as well as RCI, continuing to build up credits with X rather than RCI would attain Elite level and then would sail on RCI as Diamond. I realize the credits don't accumulate/ combine together.

Would be a quicker way to advance would it not?

Edited by kathywin53

Theron

Very well put, my sentiments exactly.;) Time to move on to the next "Cruise Crisis" :D

Theron

Thanks for this Theron. :)

any of you there? Would be interesting to know who said what, and where they are now w/ points....

We are D+ w/ 279, and I do know that some lost days if all your cruises were 7+ cruises as ours were....I believe most of those gaining by the formula were the short cruises....but I don't really know that for certain....;)

any of you there? Would be interesting to know who said what, and where they are now w/ points....

We are D+ w/ 279, and I do know that some lost days if all your cruises were 7+ cruises as ours were....I believe most of those gaining by the formula were the short cruises....but I don't really know that for certain....;)

IMO nobody lost anything, Friday evereone had 0 points only Cruise Credits that are not being used anymore, now we all have from 8 - 700+ Points (notice RCI does not call them days) so how did anybody loose anything? I will agree that someone that had 50 3 day cruises made out better then someone with 50 11 day cruises but nobody lost anything.. Edited by FLACRUISER99