Fcc

flimflubin

I purchased future crusie credits onboard Princess Emerald. Forgive me if I'm not using the correct term, I'm new to Carnival. If I purchase FCC from carnival while onbaord for my son and I, could we use them both for one cabin having 200.00 OBC for a 7 day cruise?

Faith

I purchased future crusie credits onboard Princess Emerald. Forgive me if I'm not using the correct term, I'm new to Carnival. If I purchase FCC from carnival while onbaord for my son and I, could we use them both for one cabin having 200.00 OBC for a 7 day cruise?

Faith

If it is a princess fcc you cannot use it on Carnival in any case.

If it is a princess fcc you cannot use it on Carnival in any case.

My question was the following:

If I purchase FCC from carnival while onbaord for my son and I, could we use them both for one cabin having 200.00 OBC for a 7 day cruise?

My question was the following:

If I purchase FCC from carnival while onbaord for my son and I, could we use them both for one cabin having 200.00 OBC for a 7 day cruise?

Ops sorry did not read your post carefully enough. My bad.

However why even mention the princess fcc? Has nothing to do with your Carnival question.

However why even mention the princess fcc? Has nothing to do with your Carnival question.

I agree-- Princess- although owned by carnival --is something completly different,

ANd like Princes you can only use one certificate per cabin.

golfadj,

True, but Carnival FCC should be good on any Carnival brand. Perhaps not Princess FCC, but Carnival should be. Some day maybe they'll realize one brand can work with other brands for the greater good. Yeah, I do know I am dreaming, but OBC for Carnival stock is granted on Princess and other Carnival brands.

BTW when I read the OP's post, I thought she was planning to use Princess FCC on a Carnival cruise too.

Can you use fcc for $100 obc and the carnival stock to get another $100 obc for a total of $200?

Yes. I've done so many times and have one coming up in April with the $200 listed already in My Documents for my cabin and another $100 FCC in OBC for my sons' cabin (booked in my wifes name using her FCC).

True, but Carnival FCC should be good on any Carnival brand. Perhaps not Princess FCC, but Carnival should be. Some day maybe they'll realize one brand can work with other brands for the greater good. Yeah, I do know I am dreaming, but OBC for Carnival stock is granted on Princess and other Carnival brands.

Nah, only a Carnival Corporation certificate should work and they don't sell those.

The individual cruise lines are just that - separate businesses and accountable for their individual bottom lines.

Platinum on Carnival doesn't mean squat on Cunard. Nor should it.

I apologize for the confusion:confused:. Didn't know if Carnavel use the term FCC like Princess. lonnnnnnnnnng day...Forgive me.

Platinum on Carnival doesn't mean squat on Cunard. Nor should it.

Sarge,

Perhaps not, but Cunard sends me some VERY HARD to resist deals from time to time for being a Past Guest of a 'sister' brand along with Princess, HAL, and Costa. Besides, I was discussing corporate bottom line and not Platinum.

Ever buy stock in Princess, Cunard, or any of the other umbrella lines lately? No. They're all Carnival and anything that's good for the individual lines is good for corporate.

Carnival has always positioned itself as the cruise line for the first time cruiser with designs on bringing repeat cruisers to their higher cost lines so why not allow FCC from Carnival to apply to it's other brands? Uncle Bob wrote about it in his book and Gerry I'm sure read it or the memo so policy hasn't likely changed in that regard. ;)

Why be so pedantic? He obviously mentioned it to indicate familiarity with FCC in some form.

Pedantic? Never been accused of that one before.

Irregardless of that how do you really feel about my comment?

I love it when I have to look words up to see if they're an insult or not.

In this case, I would conclude the person insulting is guilty of attempting to insult! Here's the definition; (per dictionary dot com)

Pedantic: overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, esp. in teaching.

If anyone was being pedantic, it wasn't golfadj because the details of the post were missed and I missed them as well. Details are details even if they're irrelevant.

My conclusion is that mcwebber demonstrated pedanticism in it's finest. (I thought I invented that word, but looked it up and it already exists so there! Pedanticists unite!

Yeah, I know I'm a practicing pedanticist for having looked all that stuff up, but it's a snowing, cold, wintery day here so I have plenty of time for pedanticizing any or every thing. :D

In this case, I would conclude the person insulting is guilty of attempting to insult! Here's the definition; (per dictionary dot com)

If anyone was being pedantic, it wasn't golfadj because the details of the post were missed and I missed them as well. Details are details even if they're irrelevant.

My conclusion is that mcwebber demonstrated pedanticism in it's finest. (I thought I invented that word, but looked it up and it already exists so there! Pedanticists unite!

Yeah, I know I'm a practicing pedanticist for having looked all that stuff up, but it's a snowing, cold, wintery day here so I have plenty of time for pedanticizing any or every thing. :D

I was wrong in my typing and apologize. Let it go!

My kind of guy, a pedanticist.icon7.gif.

I am doing my best to get irregardless into the dictionary.

Archived