Adviceneeded before final payment

KNITWITS

My husband who never books cruises surprised me with a cruise on the NCL Star this april, but the person he spoke to at NCL gave him NO discounts, onboard credit (even with the Lat #), or anything. The final payment is tomorrow. (I just found out about the cruise) Should we go ahead or cx and rebook to get some of the perks? Should I just call tomorrow and see if they will do anything? We are in a Mini-suite so not trying for bottom of the barrel deal, just some perks.

Not as many "deals" available on mini-suites as on other categories. You should get some onboard credit...? Some discounts available for union members, AARP member or Latitudes -- I'd think you could get at least 5% off through one of those....

I'd call NCL tomorrow and talk to them about various options that might be available to you. They usually are pretty good about trying to find you the best deal they have available.

Good luck!

My husband who never books cruises surprised me with a cruise on the NCL Star this april, but the person he spoke to at NCL gave him NO discounts, onboard credit (even with the Lat #), or anything. The final payment is tomorrow. (I just found out about the cruise) Should we go ahead or cx and rebook to get some of the perks? Should I just call tomorrow and see if they will do anything? We are in a Mini-suite so not trying for bottom of the barrel deal, just some perks.

If you can get it for a better price, by all means. Check to be sure first. Also be sure he didn't pay in full at booking, I'm assuming that you know that he didn't. If someone will book you with no discounts they may also give you the impression that you have to pay in full at booking. Good luck. I would check the book everything and cruise booking sites and NCL. I would check today if you can. :)

thanks, I think that I will call them in the AM and see if they will do anything for us. I usually book through a travel agent but I know that he wanted to surprise me and hate to seem ungrateful for the surprise.:o

OP.. if you haven't reached final payment due date yet, NCL should be able to give you any current deals that are available. The only issue you might encounter is if the current deal says "new bookings only". Now in that instance I don't know who to believe. I have read that if you cancel and rebook just to get the "new bookings only" deal and the new booking agent sees you had been previously booked on that cruise you won't get the deal anyway. Your best action is to do as other say, research and see what is currently available for promo's and the published rate. With knowledge in your hands you are in a much better position. The only promo I am seeing right now on NCL is an OBC if you book a Suite or Villa 9 months or more in advance.

Thanks everyone,

I couldn't find any specials for the Mexican Riviera only for East Coast and Europe. I'm still going to give it a try for on board credit or something when I call. I thought that prev cruisers got some OBC for the next cruise, but no matter I can't wait to cruise!!!!:)

When I booked thru our PCC at NCL she made sure to check and see if we were eligible for any extras before I made final pmt. She actually found a $50 OBC which, while not a lot, was $50 I didn't have before. I would think a PCC could check on that as well for you. Good luck.

P.S. I always do all the planning and would just die if my husband tried to book something. :eek:

When I booked thru our PCC at NCL she made sure to check and see if we were eligible for any extras before I made final pmt. She actually found a $50 OBC which, while not a lot, was $50 I didn't have before. I would think a PCC could check on that as well for you. Good luck.

P.S. I always do all the planning and would just die if my husband tried to book something. :eek:

We always use "our" PCC at NCL and she lets us know of price drops, current OBCs etc. I wouldn't do it any other way...she is the best! (I am sure I am not allowed to tell you her name).

I think the best piece of advice given here is to check the going rates. NCL no longer allows TA's to discount the cruise price, so if the price is substantially higher than it was when DH booked it, it is pointless to make any changes. If the price has dropped, it may be possible to cancel and rebook.

April, unless it is the last week is a very pricey time to cruise as it is Spring break.

Where are you seeing all kinds of specials, perks etc? If you know you can get one then sure, why not cancel, but if you are just thinking maybe? You had better be happy with what you have.

Nita

Thanks everyone,

Just got off the phone, and at least I tried. No Military Credits this cruise, no OBC for past cruisers or discounts on the Mini-suites only balcony and inside cabins. Most cruises, I was told, do have discounts or OBC for past cruisers depending on the tier, but this one is considered already discounted due to the WAVE specials that the cruiseline is offering. Couldn't hurt to try, and next cruise we may just do the special deal they have where you put down $250 for a future cruise and get an additional OBC as well.

Thanks everyone,

Just got off the phone, and at least I tried. No Military Credits this cruise, no OBC for past cruisers or discounts on the Mini-suites only balcony and inside cabins. Most cruises, I was told, do have discounts or OBC for past cruisers depending on the tier, but this one is considered already discounted due to the WAVE specials that the cruiseline is offering. Couldn't hurt to try, and next cruise we may just do the special deal they have where you put down $250 for a future cruise and get an additional OBC as well.

We always do the future cruise promo. Yep, for $250 you get your 100.00 OBC, how can that not be a deal?

Nita

Archived