Booking on board

What are the current benefits of booking next cruise?

the last time I checked I could not use diamond balcony discount and get obc.

tia

They are now combinable. You get up to $200 obc and your balcony discount. Also, if you book more that six months in advance you get an extra $25 on the balcony discount.

Okay, soooo, if I'm booking a 7 day balcony, I should expect to get $100 (I think) OBC. And being a Platinum, I should get $100 off. And since it would be a 2012 booking (on my April FOS upcoming sailing), I would get an extra $25 off? And we would only need to put down $100 pp at that time? Do I have it all correct?

One other thing. I would want to transfer it to my TA as they are offering OBC as well. Would that be combinable with everything above?

This is the first time we would do NC. Would we need to bring our credit card to the meeting the the NC Ambassador? Or do they charge it to the room?

Am I missing anything?

Thanx,

Erika

Okay, soooo, if I'm booking a 7 day balcony, I should expect to get $100 (I think) OBC. And being a Platinum, I should get $100 off. And since it would be a 2012 booking (on my April FOS upcoming sailing), I would get an extra $25 off? And we would only need to put down $100 pp at that time? Do I have it all correct?

One other thing. I would want to transfer it to my TA as they are offering OBC as well. Would that be combinable with everything above?

This is the first time we would do NC. Would we need to bring our credit card to the meeting the the NC Ambassador? Or do they charge it to the room?

Am I missing anything?

Thanx,

Erika

Erika, you have asked all of the right questions.

Your first paragraph is 100% correct.

Yes, you can combine with TA OBC as long as the OBC is truly coming from the TA.

Yes, bring your credit card. They are no longer supposed to access your SeaPass credit card.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise and the one in April 2012!

:)

Yes, you can combine with TA OBC as long as the OBC is truly coming from the TA.

Yes, bring your credit card. They are no longer supposed to access your SeaPass credit card.

Also, they can put the booking in your TA's name when they do it on the ship. No transferring after the fact. If it's the same TA that you used to book the cruise you are on when you do the booking, then they will take it from your current reservation. If it's another one, then bring that TA's phone number or ID # with you along with your credit card.

I do all my bookings on board ship now. The only way I wouldn't if is there was a screamin' deal I just HAVE to have right away, and I haven't seen one of those in quite a while.:D

Kewl. Yes, I already asked my TA and she said it was from them, not RCCL. Looks like another selling point to DH. Now, if I can find a steal of a deal for transport to Galveston and to/from airport/port I think I can sell it!

Also, they can put the booking in your TA's name when they do it on the ship. No transferring after the fact. If it's the same TA that you used to book the cruise you are on when you do the booking, then they will take it from your current reservation. If it's another one, then bring that TA's phone number or ID # with you along with your credit card.

Yep, same TA.

Thanx all. And thanx to OP for starting this thread. Didn't mean to hijack it.

Erika

Curious about something:

Let's say I book a cruise onboard and have all the perks from RCCL.

My current TA doesn't have any promos (let's just say), so I want to hold off transferring until they do.

Can I do that? That is, can I wait to transfer until I see some great promo from the TA in order to stack up the savings, or will RCCL force me to transfer it right away?

Kewl. Yes, I already asked my TA and she said it was from them, not RCCL. Looks like another selling point to DH. Now, if I can find a steal of a deal for transport to Galveston and to/from airport/port I think I can sell it!

Yep, same TA.

Thanx all. And thanx to OP for starting this thread. Didn't mean to hijack it.

Erika

Erika: one more thing. Go to the Meet and Mingle thread for the cruise you are interested in. Many times groups from these M&M threads book transfers together to save money. I am currently joining a group from Galveston to Hobby airport for around $15 - $20 per person.

Curious about something:

Let's say I book a cruise onboard and have all the perks from RCCL.

My current TA doesn't have any promos (let's just say), so I want to hold off transferring until they do.

Can I do that? That is, can I wait to transfer until I see some great promo from the TA in order to stack up the savings, or will RCCL force me to transfer it right away?

You have 90 days (60 day????) to transfer, but make sure the TA will honor an existing booking with the perk. Sometimes they are only for certain sailings,too.

• 2 weeks later...

When we originally booked with RCI, we found a TA with great incentives, so we had to cancel our booking with RCI and create a new one with the TA, in order to get her incentives (since the promo was for new bookings only, not transfers).

1. I don't know how this would work then for booking while onboard. If a promo comes up again in the future, for new bookings only, and we need to do the same, does our OBC from RCI just stay in our account when we cancel the booking? (I'll email the TA with this question too).
  2. Secondly, as this is our 1st cruise, we thought we'd wait until closer to the end of our cruise before deciding on booking for a future cruise (just to take our time and see how we enjoy cruising, although I'm sure we will love it). Just not sure if that happens, if we would want to stay with RCI or Celebrity (to try something new)? I believe the booking onboard can be with either cruise line, is that correct?

TIA!

When we originally booked with RCI, we found a TA with great incentives, so we had to cancel our booking with RCI and create a new one with the TA, in order to get her incentives (since the promo was for new bookings only, not transfers).

1. I don't know how this would work then for booking while onboard. If a promo comes up again in the future, for new bookings only, and we need to do the same, does our OBC from RCI just stay in our account when we cancel the booking? (I'll email the TA with this question too).
  2. Secondly, as this is our 1st cruise, we thought we'd wait until closer to the end of our cruise before deciding on booking for a future cruise (just to take our time and see how we enjoy cruising, although I'm sure we will love it). Just not sure if that happens, if we would want to stay with RCI or Celebrity (to try something new)? I believe the booking onboard can be with either cruise line, is that correct?

TIA!

Others can correct me, but I am fairly sure that if you cancel an on board booking, you loose whatever OBC that it came with.

And for the booking next cruise on this sailing, I don't think you can do that. It's only for C&A members. And you can't become a C&A member until you complete your first sailing. But if you have as much fun as we did on our first one, you'll join and be back again, and again and again.

Erika

Others can correct me, but I am fairly sure that if you cancel an on board booking, you loose whatever OBC that it came with.

And for the booking next cruise on this sailing, I don't think you can do that. It's only for C&A members. And you can't become a C&A member until you complete your first sailing. But if you have as much fun as we did on our first one, you'll join and be back again, and again and again.

Erika

Hi Erika, you are correct about losing the OBC from booking on board if you cancel. You have to retain the same booking number when changing itineraries to keep it.

For anyone that is new to RCI, they can sign up for C&A once on board and then be eligible for the booking bonus on board.

I copied this from the RCI website...........

"Guests from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, South America (excluding Brazil), Puerto Rico and the Caribbean islands can go to the Internet Café onboard any Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruises ship and enroll by clicking on the front page Crown & Anchor Society icon. You will receive a membership number to use immediately by scheduling an appointment with the Loyalty & Cruise Sales staff and take advantage of the Onboard Booking Bonuson reservations for future cruises".

Hi Erika, you are correct about losing the OBC from booking on board if you cancel. You have to retain the same booking number when changing itineraries to keep it.

For anyone that is new to RCI, they can sign up for C&A once on board and then be eligible for the booking bonus on board.

I copied this from the RCI website...........

"Guests from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, South America (excluding Brazil), Puerto Rico and the Caribbean islands can go to the Internet Café onboard any Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruises ship and enroll by clicking on the front page Crown & Anchor Society icon. You will receive a membership number to use immediately by scheduling an appointment with the Loyalty & Cruise Sales staff and take advantage of the Onboard Booking Bonuson reservations for future cruises".

So, if this is our 1st cruise, I can sign up while onboard for C&A, and then be able to book a future cruise for the "decide later booking?"

I read further up that I'd have to complete a cruise first, so being on our first cruise doesn't count?

I just found a thread that I stared awhile back (couldn't remember asking this question before) and I must have read wrong? Or perhaps, I wasn't clear in my OP to the thread I started below that this was our 1st cruise?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1284694&highlight=

So, if this is our 1st cruise, I can sign up while onboard for C&A, and then be able to book a future cruise for the "decide later booking?"

I read further up that I'd have to complete a cruise first, so being on our first cruise doesn't count?

I just found a thread that I stared awhile back (couldn't remember asking this question before) and I must have read wrong? Or perhaps, I wasn't clear in my OP to the thread I started below that this was our 1st cruise?

You can sign up with Crown & Anchor while on board. You can actually just make an appointment with the Loyalty Ambassador and she can enter in all your information and give you your membership numbers. They tell you to do in using one of their computers on board (there is no charge), but their computers do not always work properly.

After you are enrolled, then, yes, you can book a specific cruise or purchase a Why Not Decide Later booking and you will receive the OBC that is determined by length of cruise. Here is the breakdown of OBC...

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

After completion of your first cruise (you will be a Gold Member), you will earn C&A points (1 point for each night and double that if you are booked in a Junior Suite or above). You will not receive an Ultimate Value Coupon book until your second cruise.

However, the LA might be generous and let you have one when you sign up for C&A.

Hope this helps.

Yes, you should be able to get a decide later booking on your first cruise after you sign up for C&A.

I'm sorely tempted to put another 200$ down for a decide later booking when I go at the end of this month... the perks are just too good, and I know I'll be cruising again!

Yes, you should be able to get a decide later booking on your first cruise after you sign up for C&A.

I'm sorely tempted to put another 200$ down for a decide later booking when I go at the end of this month... the perks are just too good, and I know I'll be cruising again!

You really only have to put one name on a WNDL booking which would be $100. Once you change it into a specific booking and add another name, then you would pay the additional $100 with no further money due until final payment.

You are so right about the perks with booking on board.

You really only have to put one name on a WNDL booking which would be $100. Once you change it into a specific booking and add another name, then you would pay the additional $100 with no further money due until final payment.

You are so right about the perks with booking on board.

OH YEAH! Forgot about that :D

You can sign up with Crown & Anchor while on board. You can actually just make an appointment with the Loyalty Ambassador and she can enter in all your information and give you your membership numbers. They tell you to do in using one of their computers on board (there is no charge), but their computers do not always work properly.

After you are enrolled, then, yes, you can book a specific cruise or purchase a Why Not Decide Later booking and you will receive the OBC that is determined by length of cruise. Here is the breakdown of OBC...

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

After completion of your first cruise (you will be a Gold Member), you will earn C&A points (1 point for each night and double that if you are booked in a Junior Suite or above). You will not receive an Ultimate Value Coupon book until your second cruise.

However, the LA might be generous and let you have one when you sign up for C&A.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, that's great, I understand it all now! One more question, is the OBC per person or per stateroom?

I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE cruising!!

Thanks, that's great, I understand it all now! One more question, is the OBC per person or per stateroom?

I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE cruising!!

Stateroom. For my seven night cruise it shows up as "AD16-$100 ONBRDCR" on the invoice.

And I'm sure you will love it :) I can't wait to get my girlfriend addicted :D

Ok, just so I'm clear, if I'm wanting to book a "decide later" type booking while on board, do the same rules, credits, deposits apply as if I were booking a specific future cruise at that point?

Ok, just so I'm clear, if I'm wanting to book a "decide later" type booking while on board, do the same rules, credits, deposits apply as if I were booking a specific future cruise at that point?

Yeop. Except that it's non-refundable when it's in "Decide Later" format. Once you apply it to a cruise, it becomes refundable (though subject to cancellation penalties, etc). Just a little quirk, but that's how they explained it to me.

Yeop. Except that it's non-refundable when it's in "Decide Later" format. Once you apply it to a cruise, it becomes refundable (though subject to cancellation penalties, etc). Just a little quirk, but that's how they explained it to me.

Great, thanks!

Archived