What else is there to do in Bonaire if you don't snorkel

sadie2

My cruise ship was to have gone to Curacao which I was looking forward to seeing. Just found out that they just changed the port to Bonaire. Extremely disappointed. I don't snorkel and since I live right near the beach. I am not interested in going to one in Bonaire as I can do that at home. Are there other things to do? Would appreciate hearing from anyone as to what to do.

Thanks.

My cruise ship was to have gone to Curacao which I was looking forward to seeing. Just found out that they just changed the port to Bonaire. Extremely disappointed. I don't snorkel and since I live right near the beach. I am not interested in going to one in Bonaire as I can do that at home. Are there other things to do? Would appreciate hearing from anyone as to what to do.

Thanks.

Assume you too are on the Queen Vicky ;)

We love simply walking down from where the ships dock. Come out of the pier area, take a left and walk along the water. We've been lucky to be there at high tide and the water is crystal clear and the most gorgeous (aquarium beautiful colors) swim right to the sea wall and we stand there fascinated watching them. We've seen the brightest yellow, green, blue..... It's a delightful walk along the water and very pleasant way to enjoy the beautiful wather.

On the way back, we stop at one of the waterside restaurants for a beverage or lunch or whatever.

• 1 month later...

If you're going to be visiting Bonaire but you're not a "water person," I came across

this link that you might find helpful:

http://www.infobonaire.com/otheractivities.html

Fantastic link! I am always amazed when I read a review of a port that complains that there was nothing to see or do on the Island they were visiting. I think people expect to walk off the ship and find wonderful things to do without expending any effort. We will be visiting Bonaire next year and I will certainly make use of this list. Thank you:)

Fantastic link! I am always amazed when I read a review of a port that complains that there was nothing to see or do on the Island they were visiting. I think people expect to walk off the ship and find wonderful things to do without expending any effort. We will be visiting Bonaire next year and I will certainly make use of this list. Thank you:)

You're welcome.

It does take a "little" effort to scout out activities/sights/interests PRIOR to disembarking during a port of call. If you only stay right around the pier, well...... yuck!!

I want to experience as much of the island as I possibly can.

I'm a planner. And I am so glad that I found Cruise Critic to help out with shore excursion or island activity ideas. I like to have somewhat of an idea what I'd like to see or do *BEFORE* I visit a particular island.

Planning is 1/2 the fun (to me anyway)

And since I've gained tons & tons of information from other CC members, I like to give back when I can :)

If you don't want to do an organized activity, get off the ship & turn left toward the yellow buildings. There's an open air craft market there with real crafts. You can see the artists creating some of the items & unlike other islands there isn't a "made in China" tag to be found. There's a town & a few restaurants.

• 1 month later...
If you don't want to do an organized activity, get off the ship & turn left toward the yellow buildings. There's an open air craft market there with real crafts. You can see the artists creating some of the items & unlike other islands there isn't a "made in China" tag to be found. There's a town & a few restaurants.

Yes, but this will take all of a half an hour. Book a "highlights" tour and or a half day catamaran sail if available. An organized tour with the ship or a semi organized tour with a good taxi driver are reasonable options.

• 1 month later...

Archived