Is Qusine for me? Help please.

avp1234

Hi! I'm thinking about making reservations for our upcoming trip on the Eclipse. The only thing I'm worried about, is I don't like cream sauces..will not touch anything with mayo or sour cream in it, and from the pictures I've seen, I'm afraid I will run into alot of this. Any opinions? Could I ask ahead of time to leave sauces off? Thanks!

Hi! I'm thinking about making reservations for our upcoming trip on the Eclipse. The only thing I'm worried about, is I don't like cream sauces..will not touch anything with mayo or sour cream in it, and from the pictures I've seen, I'm afraid I will run into alot of this. Any opinions? Could I ask ahead of time to leave sauces off? Thanks!

Not to worry. I do not eat mayo and found that a fair number of the choices were build your own or had a number of sauces on the side. Sauces range from light to heavy. Just mention it to your server and they will direct you to the best choices for you.

There are so many great choices you cannot go wrong. It was our favorite specialty restaurant ever...and we have been to quite a few. Enjoy.

We usually don't eat in the specialty restaurants, but people seem to like Qsine. We may do Tuscany Grille too. Good to know most sauces are on the side, etc. There will just be the two of us and I've read it's better to go with a group. Do you agree with this? Thanks

I would absolutely recommend going in a group. We had 12 and was able to sample everything. However, the table size and shape made conversation difficult. I would have preferred 6 or 8. I loved some of the items and barely tolerated others, but that's just me. I found it valuable to sample a wide variety of foods from various cultures. Found the concept interesting, the atmosphere fun, but for me it was a good one time experience. Don't get me wrong, I would definitely recommend trying it.

I am not sure if most sauces are on the side, but there are so many choices you will definitely find enough to fill you and more.

Yes it is probably better with a group. We were four, and it meant ordering more choices and then sharing.

There was a mother and son sitting next to us and they seemed to be enjoying it as much as the groups.

We did Tuscan Grill and it was also very good.

Strongly suggest you do it as a group as the portions are family style. Lets you taste more dishes. The iPad menu features 15 categories...Indian, Mediterranean, Persian, fish, steak, sushi, Asian etc. Each category in turn consists of choices..for example, Mediterranean comes in a box with 12 different containers...a wonderful tasting.

The waiters are very knowledgable, and will guide you according to your tastes.

One warning...it is a lot of food!!

Best dessert was the Chocolate Tombstone :)

We thought it was a lot of fun. Makes every other restaurant you have ever been to seem dull and boring.

Quote:

"One warning...it is a lot of food!!"

I want to say it is a TON of food.....I would highly suggest you

eat a very VERY small amount that day. If you are a person who

always eats breakfast and lunch I would say go light both meals.

The food is wonderful and it is truely an experience. It is also a LONG

evening with many courses.

Next time I go I will make a much earlier reservation. We had 4 people

and dinner was at 8:30~we did not finish till close to midnight.

Archived