Princess Platinum and P & O

killigrew

By the time we sail on our first P & O cruise later this year we will be platinum status with Princess. Does this count on a P & O cruise or will we still be newbies ? :confused:

I take it that as you are on this forum you mean P&O Australia If so No there is no connection IF you meant P&O UK you can use the days of Princess to P&O UK at 50% rate :p

By the time we sail on our first P & O cruise later this year we will be platinum status with Princess. Does this count on a P & O cruise or will we still be newbies ? :confused:

ATM it only counts as cruising days but they are supposed to be working on a loyalty program but not sure when it'll come in

when you cruise on p&o now you can get a Future Cruise Letter off the p&o rep, its similar to princess but it cost $100 per person and it has to be paid by credit card and it lasts for 4 years

No, P&O Australia doesn't have a loyalty program, so your Princess Platinum status will give you nothing on P&O. However, your nights on P&O will count towards your status on Princess. I am a platinum Princess memember even though I have only 2 nights on a Princess ship, because my nearly 100 nights (I'll hit 100 on my next cruise) count....

i'm waiting on the day that p&o bring out their loyalty program and hope that they have elite status so we can elite on both.....nothing against the people that can do 15 x 2 day cruises and be elite on princess but we have done the cruising days on both companies

I have just come off the PACIFIC PEARL a couple of weeks ago and spoke to the FCC lady on board and she told me no going on P & O can not be added to your Princess cruises. We have done 7 cruises on Princess and are Platinum members. I rang Princess when we came home and received the same answer we could not add any points to our Princess status going on P & O.

I have just come off the PACIFIC PEARL a couple of weeks ago and spoke to the FCC lady on board and she told me no going on P & O can not be added to your Princess cruises. We have done 7 cruises on Princess and are Platinum members. I rang Princess when we came home and received the same answer we could not add any points to our Princess status going on P & O.

Sounds like they should train their staff to read the Princess Web Site.

This is what it says on "My Princess" at the bottom of the page that lists your Cruising History.

Your Total Princess Cruises and Total Princess Cruise Days may include cruises taken while sailing with P&O Australia or P&O UK. Please refer to your Membership Guide or contact the Circle Desk if you have questions regarding the qualifications of previous cruises. For World Cruises, please contact 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237).

i agree with David that the p&o rep doesnt know what she's talking about

i have just cruised on the Jewel and i have booked on the Pearl and both cruises is on my profile

sheep if you check your profile on princess it should be there under your cruising history

If this is so it must have changed recently! I've always been informed that your P&O cruises count towards your Princess status, however you have to complete one Princess cruise before they are counted. :)

If this is so it must have changed recently! I've always been informed that your P&O cruises count towards your Princess status, however you have to complete one Princess cruise before they are counted. :)

Sandy, sheep informed us they have done 7 princess cruises and their cruising history should be on the Captains Circle profile including the p&o ones

I've always been informed that your P&O cruises count towards your Princess status, however you have to complete one Princess cruise before they are counted. :)

Agreed. :D

We have elite status on Princess but have completed only one (long) Princess cruise.

Our daughter recently completed her first Princess cruise and when we added in her 'nights' on Fairstar (as a child) and P & O in recent years she had 156 nights - over the magic figure of 150 to reach elite status. I phoned the Captains Circle number on Princess to register her earlier cruises. The consultant insisted that a person has to had 150 nights on Princess. I was surprised and asked if it had changed. The answer was "No, it has always been like that". I didn't ask then why do we have elite status. I didn't want to risk losing it in case the rules had changed. Anyway, I insisted and the consulted went to ask a supervisor. Guess what :D he came back and said the earlier cruises would be counted. I point out that these are real cruises, not imaginary ones put on to impress (LOL). The result was that our daughter is registered as having elite status. We did this immediately she returned from her Princess cruise because I would not be surprised if the Princess and P & O loyalty schemes become separated when P & O bring in their own scheme. Or it could be like the UK one where cruises on the sister cruiseline count for only 50%.

Agreed. :D

We have elite status on Princess but have completed only one (long) Princess cruise.

Our daughter recently completed her first Princess cruise and when we added in her 'nights' on Fairstar (as a child) and P & O in recent years she had 156 nights - over the magic figure of 150 to reach elite status. I phoned the Captains Circle number on Princess to register her earlier cruises. The consultant insisted that a person has to had 150 nights on Princess. I was surprised and asked if it had changed. The answer was "No, it has always been like that". I didn't ask then why do we have elite status. I didn't want to risk losing it in case the rules had changed. Anyway, I insisted and the consulted went to ask a supervisor. Guess what :D he came back and said the earlier cruises would be counted. I point out that these are real cruises, not imaginary ones put on to impress (LOL). The result was that our daughter is registered as having elite status. We did this immediately she returned from her Princess cruise because I would not be surprised if the Princess and P & O loyalty schemes become separated when P & O bring in their own scheme. Or it could be like the UK one where cruises on the sister cruiseline count for only 50%.

do you think that princess and p&o will be separate, how will that affect the people who have done 14 p&o cruise and a 2 nighter on princess to reach elite.....i suppose time will tell

do you think that princess and p&o will be separate, how will that affect the people who have done 14 p&o cruise and a 2 nighter on princess to reach elite.....i suppose time will tell

Maybe I'm just hedging my bets. :D Might happen .... might not. I just thought it was a good idea to register these Sitmar/P & O cruises now and get the elite status organised. Even if they separate the Princess and P&O loyalty programmes I don't think they would down-grade someone.

If I recall, the original reason that Sitmar/P & O cruises were counted towards Princess Elite was that there were so few Princess cruises available out of Aust that virtually no-one would have qualified. Now we have two Princess ships full-time and another one part-time, this argument is not valid. The requirement to reach elite is 150+ nights or X number of cruises. I don't know the number of cruises because our number of nights is close to 300. Your question on how long would it take people to reach elite - Quite a long time, but maybe that there are quite a few Aussies with elite, the Princess wouldn't mind. After all, it is a loyalty programme.

Strange, my Christmas cruise on Pacific Dawn (in fact all 11 of my past P&O Cruises) is showing up on my Captains Circle account, as is my next cruise on Pacific Pearl as a future cruise.

So if you are platinum with Princess, and are on your first P&O Aust cruise, you can't get a Captain's Cocktail Party invite as a past passenger, even though Princess recognise P&O cruise days on their loyalty program?

aussie, you can go to the cocktail party as you are a repeat passenger even tho you havent been on p&o

Archived