7 days an no cabin assignment

Comeoncruisin

We are sailing next Sunday out of San Juan on the Caribbean Princess. We are sailing B2B and booked a BF GTY cabin. We are anxious to see where we end up.

If they have not assigned our cabin before we leave home to mark it on our luggage tags how will they know where to deliver our luggage? We are flying from Ottawa, Canada to San Juan on Saturday and then we board the ship on Sunday.

Thanks

Ruth

If you have not been assigned a stateroom before you leave home, make sure to take a pen with you and they will alert you on the pier when you check in your luggage as to your cabin assignment. You won't have to check in for the cruise before you find out, the luggage handlers will have you on their list. Just fill out the number on your luggage tags then. Enjoy!

We are sailing next Sunday out of San Juan on the Caribbean Princess. We are sailing B2B and booked a BF GTY cabin. We are anxious to see where we end up.

If they have not assigned our cabin before we leave home to mark it on our luggage tags how will they know where to deliver our luggage? We are flying from Ottawa, Canada to San Juan on Saturday and then we board the ship on Sunday.

Thanks

Ruth

I've always been curious, why reserve a cabin class and not a specific cabin?

I've always been curious, why reserve a cabin class and not a specific cabin?
Often, one category or more categories are sold out and the only option is a GTY. Sometimes, people book a GTY thinking or expecting to be upgraded to a higher category, which may or may not happen.

We too our waiting for our cabin assignment but we have 30 more days. We decided to wing it this time as we are traveling alone on the Island Princess through the Panama Canal. The savings was significant!! We have done this before and it worked out well. But if we are traveling with others or if the price is very similar we love to pick our cabin ahead of time. Time will tell on this one. My DH and I are both Elite.. Not that the computer cabin fairy cares...

How do you book a gty room anyway? I thought you had to book a specific stateroom when making reservations.

If booking online with Princess, in addition to up to six cabin numbers (if available), there will be a box marked GTY.

If booking on the phone with a TA or directly with Princess, just say you want a GTY.

Of course you can also book a specific stateroom if available in your chosen category. If you do this, you have the choice of having it marked "do not upgrade" which indicates you would not like Princess to switch you to a higher category. Or you can have it "will accept upgrade" which means there might or might not be an upgrade in your future.

I just booked a GTY fully obstructed for a great price. I couldn't see paying a little more for another fully obstructed cabin, and the next category up was a huge price jump. I got assigned a mid-ship cabin which would have been my preference anyway.

I just booked a GTY fully obstructed for a great price. I couldn't see paying a little more for another fully obstructed cabin, and the next category up was a huge price jump. I got assigned a mid-ship cabin which would have been my preference anyway.

on my cruise last may on the sea princess i booked a inside GTY got upgraded to a outside cabin. three days before the cruise i get a call from my TA they upgraded me to a balcony cabin.i paid for a inside and got a balcony. it was so nice.

Archived