Valor cabin 9200

kaj1436

It's a pull out sofa. Our Stewart would make the bed everyday, so I never did it. It's probably a queen size? I'm not sure, but my 9 & 11 year old didn't complain about being too close to each other lol. The room is great. If I could do it all over again I would get the same room. You aren't too far from the lido if you want fresh air. The extra space was very worth while. The views not too shabby either :)

• 2 months later...
I know this is an older thread but I was wondering if any of these "scenic ocean view" cabins were put on the Liberty during it's dry dock? I saw a few mentions of the Liberty, but I didn't see a definite answer.

I quickly figured out it was an old thread when they were talking about Liberty. I thought I'd read recently that Valor is the only ship with these cabins. I'd love to try #9200.

I know this is an older thread but I was wondering if any of these "scenic ocean view" cabins were put on the Liberty during it's dry dock? I saw a few mentions of the Liberty, but I didn't see a definite answer.

Unfortunately, no. And worse yet, they removed the floor-to-ceiling window rooms that used to be on deck 11. Liberty was the last one to have not converted those to balconies, but that's what they did on the last dry dock. I know it's more money for them, but those rooms are quite unique, and balconies are not.

Unfortunately, no. And worse yet, they removed the floor-to-ceiling window rooms that used to be on deck 11. Liberty was the last one to have not converted those to balconies, but that's what they did on the last dry dock. I know it's more money for them, but those rooms are quite unique, and balconies are not.

I know some corporate decisions make no sense but, I thought the purpose of the scenic OV cabins with the awesome windows were to utilize the space without having to deal with the constant wind at the stern. Why would they put balcony cabins on the front of the ship?

They removed them :(

I really like the idea of floor to ceiling windows. We called Carnival to see if they had any of the scenic ocean view cabins available for a specific cruise on the Valor, but they're sold out :(

They really do seem unique. I wish all ships had a few of these cabins! I would take the "scenic" room over a balcony. What you can see from a balcony is pretty limited, but these windows look huge.

They removed them :(

I really like the idea of floor to ceiling windows. We called Carnival to see if they had any of the scenic ocean view cabins available for a specific cruise on the Valor, but they're sold out :(

They really do seem unique. I wish all ships had a few of these cabins! I would take the "scenic" room over a balcony. What you can see from a balcony is pretty limited, but these windows look huge.

I booked Valor a year in advance for Dec. before I knew of these Scenic OV cabins. They may have been available last Dec. when I booked. Guess thats what I get for booking in the peanut gallery.

I know some corporate decisions make no sense but, I thought the purpose of the scenic OV cabins with the awesome windows were to utilize the space without having to deal with the constant wind at the stern. Why would they put balcony cabins on the front of the ship?

The rooms that were converted to balconies were not in the front of the ships. They were on the sides on the forward part of deck 11. We had one of these rooms, after the conversion, but we booked it while it was still a floor-to-ceiling window room. Those were very popular rooms, but they are now all gone from all Triumph & Conquest class ships. When the Valor added in the floor-to-ceiling window rooms in the front of the ship on deck 9, those new rooms replaced what was a lower category room that used to be in that place. The Valor is still the only one to receive those, and since the Liberty converted the side-of-the-ship versions of these rooms, the Valor is now the only ship to have any version of them. Hopefully, the other Conquest class ships will eventually get these front rooms converted, but Liberty didn't do it on the last dry dock.

Not tying to hyjack this thread but what are the Captian's Cabin numbers on the Valor????? And do you have to call Carnival directly to book them?

They are 9202 and 9203 on the Valor. You can book them the same way you book any cabin (either from Carival or your TA).

Edited by jimbo5544

I previous poster who was in that room said that they did call and ask them to turn the lights out..

We were in the front of the ship on the RCCL Radiance. The lights blind the bridge, so if our curtains were open at night, we would get a call from the bridge. One night we forgot and we were out, and somebody came in and closed the curtains for us.

• 1 month later...

This may seem like a an odd question. Does all the rooms on deck nine forward look like this oris it ONLY 9200 & 9201?

ok - so hopefully this will work. The images lost some quality in the upload - but you get the idea - an absolutely fantastic cabin - oh how I miss those windows.:o Note: the picture on the wall (shown in the thumbnails a few posts above) is missing in my pictures. As I said earlier - they were still adding the finishing touches when we arrived at the cabin.

Valor_Feb11_002.jpg

Valor_Feb11_004.jpg

Valor_Feb11_006.jpg

Valor_Feb11_010.jpg

Just had #9200 2 weeks ago. BEST room EVER. Only those two cabins have this angled space. The 4-5 cabins between these two have floor to ceiling windows, just not all that space and not two windows. FABULOUS room. Each morning when we woke up in port, we thought we were looking at a mural. I don't have time now to post, but tonight I will try to put some on (with being in port. Honestly, the photos do NOT do it justice.)

• 2 months later...

We are booked on the Valor for next March in 9197 and 9199. Does anyone have pictures of what those rooms look like? And, how does the size of these regular straight on Scenic Ocean View rooms differ from the regular OV rooms? Anyone know the size difference?

We are booked on the Valor for next March in 9197 and 9199. Does anyone have pictures of what those rooms look like? And, how does the size of these regular straight on Scenic Ocean View rooms differ from the regular OV rooms? Anyone know the size difference?

Id like to know too! Im booked in 9200, but I have 2 sons in room 9197. Im assuming they are like every other exterior excepr instead of the square window, its one single window tht slants out slightly and is floor to ceiling. The room description shows 9197 is the same size (220 sq ft I think) of all the other oceanview rooms.

Lets see how well they clean! Leave us a note under the mattress and Ill see if I get it in May!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DISNEY1975